Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photo limit to 120 ?

Sturmovik

Reaction score
Hello everyone !
I have a question and I hope I can find answer

Last night I was trying to do a timelaps s oI was taking 5sec interval photo for about 22 min
but when I went back to the PC I saw that all the photos were spread among 3 folders with 120 photos in each from 1 to 120
why ? how to keep all the photos just in one folder taking from 1 to whatever until I stop say 340 or anything ... ?
because later when I need to import all photos in the lightroom I dont want them to be mixed up

what can be done ?

Thank you

Thank you for reply I have similar program for renaming , I was just hoping/wondering if there is any settings in the drone that could be changed so I could avoid going thro that extra step .
As I just shoot in RAW but if not I guess it is what it is..

Is this for the EVO or the X-Star?
I know my DSLR camera does the same when I am doing all night time lapse and yes it is a pain in the butt.
I have never tried long time lapse with my drones so not sure if there is a setting to change or not.

Oh I should have said it in the first post
Yes it is AutelEvo love that drone )))

just started doing long timelaps with it this week and run into this
when I shoot with my SonyAiii it just keeps taking photos in same folder and makes so much easy to work with them later ..

The same result are applicable to just taking pictures and/or video. Once the number gets to 120 a new folder is created and on and on.
This doesn't happen with my phones, tablets, other drones etc.... just on my EVO.
It would be nice to hear the logic or rational for doing this.

does the numerical sequence start all over again so you have 3 identically numbered folders?

No the folders are sequentially numbered. IE 100, 101, 102, but each only has 120 photos and/or videos.

so that being the case, first folder is 1-120, second folder 121-242 and so on, can't you just combine all the photos on to one folder and have them be 1-360 or whatever?

EACH folder has files # 1-120
For clarification:
Folder 100 has files # xxxx1 thru xx120
Folder 101 has files # xxxx1 thru xx120
Folder 102 has files # xxxx1 thru xx120
There are no files above xx120 in any folder.

EACH folder has files # 1-120
For clarification:
Folder 100 has files # xxxx1 thru xx120
Folder 101 has files # xxxx1 thru xx120
Folder 102 has files # xxxx1 thru xx120
There are no files above xx120 in any folder.
I agree...this numbering scheme does suck. I also dislike the fact that when you reformat the card (to regain space for photos and videos), the numbering starts over. So when you copy your files to your computer, you have many files with the same name. This is a pain. I'm wondering if there is a way around this....
but if it's true that a new folder is created every 120 files, then this numbering workaround is moot.
I would just like it to work like my DSLR which stores the last file number internally and uses that number to continue the sequence.

I hate to assume because I haven't looked into it, but at least my DSLR has the option to have sequential numbering regardless of folders or to hav them re-start from zero every time, maybe, just maybe there is an option in the menu? I know wishful thinking and I will look into it, I just haven't had time to fly for a while and when I have I've been concentrating on the Inspire lately.

There is no setting that I can find to change from sequential or start from zero or change the folder settings.
Wonder what happens when you get to folder, (name 100Media) to 120Media??

THIS.

This is still an issue, and it's still driving me nuts. Having to rename SIX FOLDERS of pictures to upload a survey is a serious time waster for what should be a fairly simple algorithmic fix in the app. I have tried a couple of the batch file renaming tools - but 2 of them did something to the gps-tag, and trashed the lot - luckily I hadn't deleted them off the memory card yet.

Autel EVO. Other than this, I love the drone.

I use a MAC. When transferring batches of files from the Micro SD card to the computer they are In a folder I named EVO JPG. They are copied as MAX_0001.JPG (or MOV) etc. then I rename the MAX to the current date (for example 2Feb20) and this renders all of the JPG’s in that file as 2Feb20_0001.JPG, 2Feb20_0002.JPG......etc. This also applies to the MOV or MP4 files. This gives all of JPG’s or MOV’s in those folders a date range and a numeric range within that date!

But what if you take 240 photos On the same day? Your solution is great if you have less than 121 photos. I wasn't aware of this issue since I rarely have that many photos/videos on my chip in a given day. Autel should fix this.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58