Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO 2 motors would not shut down after landing, it then attempted to take off.

quinn karter

Reaction score
My Autel EVO 2 6k, purchased 1 week ago (3-22-2021) from a retailer, with the latest firmware updated on 3-27-2021, refused to shut down after landing. I landed it with 15 percent battery after a 30 min flight. The motors stayed on and slowly increased in speed, all while I was holding the altitude stick down. It then lifted off one foot, I released the altitude stick and then pushed it down again. The drone landed, but the motors didn't shut down again. Then I just let go of the sticks while it was on the ground. The motors slowly increased in speed, the drone tilted forward as if it was about to lift off, then suddenly shut down when it tilted forward. I've heard stories on this site, of a few EVO 2s taking off during firmware updates, but not after. Has anyone had problems with their Autel 2 series drone's motors not wanting to shut down after landing. I had landed it in a small 4 foot by 4 foot enclosed area with all it's collision sensors off. It sat there with its motors running increasing in speed until it tilted. I assume the tilt caused some kind of emergency shutdown.

I just had this done to me on the latest update. It wouldn't obey manual shut off with the left stick down not full shutoff with both stick down and in. I literally had to hold it down and I tried to power off the battery and it would not shut off. I had to pull it instead to stop it. THIS is dangerous...apparently it's still a bug. I have no attachments on the drone...nothing blocking the camera sensors. Afternoon slight overcast daylight as well. I brought the battery in with 13 minutes left and when I pulled it it was so hot to touch and swelling... ruined a brand new battery (2 weeks old). I've flown for 8 years...never seen this crap in any of my many drones.

I'm afraid at this stage with the many issues I've had...Autel and their customer service is NOT a reliable brand. I love their controller but it continues to prove over and over it is an unsafe aerial system.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles