Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Phone call during flight

Blooter

Reaction score
Coming from Yuneec Typhoon H to Autel Evo 2 Pro. I have a question for those using their phone attached to the controller. If you get a phone call during your flight, would that ever cause problems? Or do you fly in like airplane mode.

Thanks.

As long as you use Google maps, they usually are preloaded. No need for permanent connection.
I have the Google map app. I would like to use Google maps. The iOS Autel Explorer app will not allow it. No option to choose.

Last edited:
In all the years I have been flying UAV's I have only had one time I received a call. All that happened is it went to voice mail. One time indication of the call coming in and I looked at what it might be, when I saw it was a phone call I just ignored it. It did not effect the fight at all.

Coming from Yuneec Typhoon H to Autel Evo 2 Pro. I have a question for those using their phone attached to the controller. If you get a phone call during your flight, would that ever cause problems? Or do you fly in like airplane mode.

Thanks.
Just ignore, it'll just be someone from the Philippines.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike and Flip
For me, the best way to proceed, which I do on Autel Evo and Dji Mavic 2 pro,
1- I turn on the radio
2- I turn on the drone
3- I connect the tablet or smartphone, which launches the Explorer or Litchi application.
4- I am waiting for the Google map to appear in the application.
5- Once the map is displayed, I switch the tablet to Airplane mode.

Even if the application crashes along the way, by reopening it, the map will still be there, even without an external connection. (valid only on Android, since the "apple" does not like Google.

Put it on "Airplane Mode" because you never know when someone will call with info that may distract you from your flying - it ain't worth it! ! !?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm