Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

On the fence.

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
So. The weather in Scotland has gone from Amazing snowy gorgeousness to no snow and amazing high winds.
What a better time to buy a drone. Not.

So, I start to look again. But am wracked with indecision.
Notwithstanding the poor experiences with Autel so far. x4 drone with issues.
Am I mad in thinking it is still the one for me?
I could go for cheap 2nd hand Parrot Anafi and treat it like dirt.
Or go for A Mavic 2 Pro and firmware hack it to stop the Geofencing crap.
Or go for another Autel even with all the bad experiences and crash when it flew off of its own accord.

For some mental reason, I am actually considering another Autel. Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome?

Reactions: jmt57
So. The weather in Scotland has gone from Amazing snowy gorgeousness to no snow and amazing high winds.

Or go for another Autel even with all the bad experiences and crash when it flew off of its own accord.

For some mental reason, I am actually considering another Autel. Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome?

Well I don't have a good answer for most of your questions but I can tell you that the current Mavic 2 Pro hacks are not capable of removing the geofencing. If you look closely at the hack's compatibility matrix the geofencing can only be removed on the P4 Pro, the Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2. DJI added firmware protection to their latest drones that the hackers have been unable to bypass for the geofencing limitations.

And yes, geofencing is ridiculous, I ended up with an EVO II because geofencing glitched in my Mavic Pro and force landed it into the ocean less than 30' from the shore with nothing I could do about it.

I am curious to hear what problems you have had with all 4 of your EVO II's, I have my first one and it has been flawless so far.

Partially true, partially false. If you can get your hands on a M2P that hasn’t had the firmware upgraded to .400 when DJI snuck in anti-rollback into the .400 firmware, you can still achieve NFZ modding. I believe that will be a hard find nowadays. You can get a core board or send your core board to NLD and they currently can modify your core board to defeat the anti rollback for a price of course. I have two that I modded myself long ago and fly just the same as my E2P. I fly responsibly on my own without the worries of DJI’s hinderance or asking DjI mother-may-I fly. Also, the Mavic can be modified and tweaked with some knowledge to really dial in your preferred settings in the parameters as well. There’s a lot that can be personalized once you know how and what to modify. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Partially true, partially false. If you can get your hands on a M2P that hasn’t had the firmware upgraded to .400 when DJI snuck in anti-rollback into the .400 firmware, you can still achieve NFZ modding. I believe that will be a hard find nowadays. You can get a core board or send your core board to NLD and they currently can modify your core board to defeat the anti rollback for a price of course. I have two that I modded myself long ago and fly just the same as my E2P. I fly responsibly on my own without the worries of DJI’s hinderance or asking DjI mother-may-I fly. Also, the Mavic can be modified and tweaked with some knowledge to really dial in your preferred settings in the parameters as well. There’s a lot that can be personalized once you know how and what to modify. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yes it is pretty near impossible to get a M2P still running FW 01.00.0100 and yes you can get the whole mainboard from NLD or DH; I just don't think the OP is aware that it is not as straight forward as buying a brand new M2P and purchasing a patch for it. Once you pay NLD or DH there is no refund so it's important to read the fine print. I do agree that I should have been more specific.

After my Mavic Pro was forced into the water I did a lot of research into the available NFZ removal options before deciding to get the EVO II; replacing or removing the mainboard on a brand new M2P just didn't seem like a feasible option to me. I did think about getting another Mavic Pro instead since it is a simple patch, but I'd have ended up with no improvements in the camera or features.

Yeah. I get it. Just throwing it out there since it is still an option. I do agree, you have to really research it all so everything goes smooth if you go that route.

Get an E2P and be done with it. Otoh, if you are going DJI and worried about geofence, just get a custom unlock code and you will be good to go.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo