Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller V1 screen video buffering, but not on stored video on SD card.

Seakins

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone else has had this experience while using a SC. Mine is V1, but might happen on a V2 also. After doing an over air firmware upgrade to the latest version, I started to notice that the video as displayed on the monitor would "buffer" the feed for a few milliseconds. Later, when viewing the stored video on the SD card, all was perfectly normal. Kinda rules out the aircraft as the cause of the problem. Yesterday I screen recorded this happening, and here is a link to the video SC screen buffer

So, I downloaded the apk file for the Autel Explorer app onto a USB drive and then reinstalled it onto the SC. Went out a few minutes ago, and voila, no buffering in the screen video.

But I did notice that the Channel mode had defaulted to 2.4, so prior to flight, i reset to Auto mode. Went back and watched the capture video from yesterday, and after the last over air update, the channel reset to 2.4. I always leave it in Auto channel mode.

And, I have noticed that the right antennae needs to be snugged up once unfolding and bringing to the upright position when using a CCW rotation to get into place. I check both to make sure they are snug, could I have not tightened it enough? Once possibly, but every time flying since the update, unlikely.

So, any thoughts or experiences with this presently or in the past? I lean toward a bad OTA update last go around with the SC, but the Channel mode might be an issue?

Reactions: rudyespinosa
I noticed the same thing after the update, but haven't done anything about it because I've noticed it after every update. It has always gone away by itself after a while. My guess is that it smooths out after caching some system files.

If it doesn't go away after a while I suppose I'll reinstall and see if that clears it up.

Richard

Reactions: rudyespinosa
I noticed the same thing after the update, but haven't done anything about it because I've noticed it after every update. It has always gone away by itself after a while. My guess is that it smooths out after caching some system files.

If it doesn't go away after a while I suppose I'll reinstall and see if that clears it up.

Richard
Just want to say thanks to all for sharing

I experience this too with both buffering and right antenna

Would be nice if autel or anyone could offer some advice

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy