Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NYC...Flying...NG

I'm in Brooklyn new york close to the city and I flight every single day except in rain but if you open airmap there are green circles that indicate you can flight drones there legally even including bout 3 of them inside class b airspacelike flushing meadow park right by lagiardia.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831-155257_AirMap.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831-155257_AirMap.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Great article! Makes me very happy that I moved from that "cement jungle" (NYC & NJ) about 60 years ago. Too many rules, regulations & people who want to tell you what you can or can't do even if they don't even know the facts... IMHO.

Coming up on 68 years with NYC as my home and i wouldn't want to live anywhere else...i am able to fly regularly and the only down side is that POSSIBLY i will be called out one day...i have lived and worked all over the U.S./Playing Music and i can get away regularly to the Catskill mountains North of the city and FLY High + wide and never had a negative remark or attitude by anyone re flying...it is key to be respectful when flying...i try to keep a low profile and i never leave no mark of my having flown...clean..neat...my only evidence is the movies that i make

I'm in Brooklyn new york close to the city and I flight every single day except in rain but if you open airmap there are green circles that indicate you can flight drones there legally even including bout 3 of them inside class b airspacelike flushing meadow park right by lagiardia.

I flew meadow lake, something very daunting about the heavies flying 1000ft overhead but stayed close to the water. JFK has also seemingly removed itself from the LAANC system so no more automated authorization in most of NYC.

I was going to fly Kaiser park near Coney island but one too many rough neighborhood nearby put me off launching the bird. Nice views though of the river if you ever get down to it.

OP there are about 5 or so AMA airfields in NYC (previously posted) you can fly from though they state you need to be a member.

I flew meadow lake, something very daunting about the heavies flying 1000ft overhead but stayed close to the water. JFK has also seemingly removed itself from the LAANC system so no more automated authorization in most of NYC.

I was going to fly Kaiser park near Coney island but one too many rough neighborhood nearby put me off launching the bird. Nice views though of the river if you ever get down to it.

OP there are about 5 or so AMA airfields in NYC (previously posted) you can fly from though they state you need to be a member.

I am on the border..Brooklyn/Queens..NYC

I would not go to Coney Island either...as a kid it was a Beautiful ..Fantastic place...no longer

Are you referring to Flushing Meadows Park ? Meadow Lake ?

I am on the border..Brooklyn/Queens..NYC

I would not go to Coney Island either...as a kid it was a Beautiful ..Fantastic place...no longer

Are you referring to Flushing Meadows Park ? Meadow Lake ?

Correct, the body of water you can fly over is called Meadow Lake. Given its the only area of the park you won't really find people walking about, that effectively becomes the flying field.

Reactions: swings16
Correct, the body of water you can fly over is called Meadow Lake. Given its the only area of the park you won't really find people walking about, that effectively becomes the flying field.

Sadly still ILLEGAL i am sure but everywhere i fly in my area of the city is Not Allowed

I live 100 yards from a City park a mile wide and long...NO FLY ZONE

i fly there regularly and not long ago a cop on horseback patrol saw me flying and politely asked if i would curb it so his horse wouldn't buck or get spooked

I did as asked and thanked him for the way he dealt with me

another day and a different cop...i may have been fined ...what the ????

Sadly still ILLEGAL i am sure but everywhere i fly in my area of the city is Not Allowed

I live 100 yards from a City park a mile wide and long...NO FLY ZONE

i fly there regularly and not long ago a cop on horseback patrol saw me flying and politely asked if i would curb it so his horse wouldn't buck or get spooked

I did as asked and thanked him for the way he dealt with me

another day and a different cop...i may have been fined ...what the ????
Illegal to fly in meadow lake? How do you figure?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54