Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NYC...Flying...NG

swings16

Reaction score
Sadly i am running out of Places to fly

Not long ago NYC parks were a GO for drone flight

No longer

anyone have suggestions re Flying near or around NYC without trouble

without a place nearby, my flying days will be over...OR i will risk getting fined +or my equipment being taken from me

It wasn't long ago that a cop on horseback in a city park near me saw me flying and his only comment was...'"try to keep it away from my horse...she is skittish with these things around "

Any suggestions ? Thanks ALL

Swings16/Martin...NYC

Other than moving, no, sorry. On the west side of SF bay, between San Francisco and San Jose, there’s nowhere to fly at all. In fact, starting from well north of the Golden Gate Bridge down both sides of the bay well past San Jose (about 70 miles long), it is forbidden to fly by one rule or another.
When I’m there, I can only legally fly on the pacific coast, south of Half Moon Bay in an area of coastline about 10 miles long. It takes 45 min to drive there. It’s pretty, foggy and wind most of the time, but after 10 visits, I’m done. Drones are staying in AZ now, where there’s still a bit of freedom left...

• Sad
Reactions: swings16
In a HURRICANE!! :eek:
That is where the most fun is. We can FINALLY test the Evo's wind resistance! ?

Ya better tell the dragon lady the boys are coming for dinner ? ??
Her reply: "yeah? Who's cooking? You? PFFTTT ??????"

So, I guess I'm taking the boys out to a nice restaurant.

Come visit Puerto Rico for vacations and we can fly together.
let me first get my SCUBA material together...i can fly while dodging wind expected to be a bit on the wild side...the local law enforcement won't bug me with things trivial...like FLYING in an up coming weather depression while UNDER water...on a SERIOUS note...Stay safe all our friends in the Puerto Rico Area....SAFE + Secure....safe travels and best to ALL !

Reactions: Ansia
Back to the OP's question about suggestions, this page seems to be pretty up to date and from what I can tell gives you some options.

Although he has been doing some dubious things as of late, droneXfactor (from youtube) lives and flys an Evo at New York. Perhaps he can help you out identifying safe areas to fly in.

He does reply if you contact him. I have and he replied within 24 hours.

Although he has been doing some dubious things as of late, droneXfactor (from youtube) lives and flys an Evo at New York. Perhaps he can help you out identifying safe areas to fly in.

i get up to dubiouser stuff on a regular basis and i will try to contact him...THANKS for the suggestion !

I guess I wasn’t pretty enough for the tropical storm. It turned right and is evading us. Should be passing between Puerto Rico and the US VI.
C8ABF2B4-C57B-47C2-A910-C0DD8892E8E2.jpeg

To Quote my Uncle HUGH....hopefully it will pass by off of a hit on the Island sparing People and Homes any damage...."The GOOD LORD Willin "

Thank you my friend''

I have accepted the fact that NYC is Very specific...drones are NOT welcome in the 5 boroughs of NYC

LUCKILY i have friends NORTH of NYC where there are no restrictions (so far) re Flying a drone

The CATSKILL mountains NORTH 2+1/2 hours from NYC where there are glorious WIDE OPEN spaces where people don't break balls with people who are only concerned with FLYING in a Natural BEAUTIFUL setting

I will be going there soon and i can not wait...i am like a child (at 67 !) and can't wait

all 3 EVO batteries and my ONE Original MAVIC PRO

GLORIOUS happy cool fun...

i have vids from past outings there...

can i post a link from DROPBOX to get a LOOK ?

Thank you my friend''

I have accepted the fact that NYC is Very specific...drones are NOT welcome in the 5 boroughs of NYC

LUCKILY i have friends NORTH of NYC where there are no restrictions (so far) re Flying a drone

The CATSKILL mountains NORTH 2+1/2 hours from NYC where there are glorious WIDE OPEN spaces where people don't break balls with people who are only concerned with FLYING in a Natural BEAUTIFUL setting

I will be going there soon and i can not wait...i am like a child (at 67 !) and can't wait

all 3 EVO batteries and my ONE Original MAVIC PRO

GLORIOUS happy cool fun...

i have vids from past outings there...

can i post a link from DROPBOX to get a LOOK ?
I'd say absolutely. It's encouraged to share!!

will do on my return

can't wait and will send my simple adventures...NOTHING special...

Just beautiful natural mountain backgrounds and NATURE...what else is needed

Reactions: Tufargon
will do on my return

can't wait and will send my simple adventures...NOTHING special...

Just beautiful natural mountain backgrounds and NATURE...what else is needed
Sounds great!!
Maybe create a new thread or threads so this one can stay on topic for future use?

i get up to dubiouser stuff on a regular basis and i will try to contact him...THANKS for the suggestion !
WILL be in The Catskills (with a little luck and good TIMING) Tomorrow

EVO all set...charged...(along WITH my First...a M Pro )

seeing the tops of hundreds of feet HIGH EVERGREENs towering over ALL is a truly beautiful thing

admiring the HOMES ...With serious Acreage...tucked away deep in the forest YET close enough to (CIVIL) a Zation

all charged...Mavic pro...Evo and 3 batteries...can it get better ?

NOPE

sleep soon then OFF...early...beat the traffic and TIME to spare

A BEAUTIFUL thing

Best wishes to ALL...have fun and Thanks to ALL

Reactions: Tufargon
Great article! Makes me very happy that I moved from that "cement jungle" (NYC & NJ) about 60 years ago. Too many rules, regulations & people who want to tell you what you can or can't do even if they don't know the laws/rules... IMHO.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ