Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Now that DJI's Mini 3 Pro is out, where are we with the Nano+?

I really think that the dji mini 3 killed the nano+ and Autel wan't update and spend money for the nano+ (to developp the tracking)

I one year Autel update his nano+ with nano 2 pro certainly....
are you talking about the mini 3 pro that overheats, the camera fogs up, the range cuts out prematurely at 500m, and various compass problems? i think they are already one their 3rd sw update.

if i were autel, i wouldn't base my future roadmap solely on the competitors products. lots of headfakes going on over there at dji. for the first couple months after launch, you couldn't even find the mini 3 pro for sale. you never know what might happen in the future; there could be an explosion in taiwan and the next thing you know, dji drones and their business in america.....somebody will have to swoop in. ;)

DJI has been furiously developing FW updates for add capabilities and address issues with the Mini 3... I wish Autel could do the same for the Nano+ at minimum it keeps people flying just to test out the new FW... no updates since May

We bought a few Nano + drones for our RE media company here. We also had the Mini 3 Pro. That is a very cool drone. Problem is the Mini 3 just doesn't work out for us here. Camera IQ on the Nano + we found to have more DR and looks better than the softer Mini 3. Honestly the Mini 2 we have is about as good as the 3 minus the ability to do Portrait modes. That's a quick edit anyhow in any video software kit.

The company owner found the Nano + camera to really nail a great image and video including when doing twilights at a property. We've had more agents order twilights now using that drone than we have others. I suppose the Lite + would be great too.
Autel having some pains like so many other companies. We sent a couple A7IV units to Sony and their backlog was 15 weeks. Same issues. Getting parts, techs being laid off, or not returning after Covid mess. There are dozens of companies with the same headaches. DJI included.

Reactions: enKoDed
DJI has been furiously developing FW updates for add capabilities and address issues with the Mini 3... I wish Autel could do the same for the Nano+ at minimum it keeps people flying just to test out the new FW... no updates since May
well, after all the issues with disconnects, camera IQ I would hope so. Nano + for us has had no issues at all other than being limited to certain wind conditions. Evo 2 is handling that just fine. Just like with the Mini and Mini 2 there are a lot of new not so experienced users crashing, losing their drone because they think they are made for higher winds. Don't buy into those wind resistance ratings too much. In our test the Mini 3 was more capable of the winds here around 10 mph, but gusts to 16 or more blew it all over the place. Normal for a light weight drone, but some want to compare these to MA2, or Evo2 which is ludicrous to start with.

Reactions: enKoDed
^exactly i think the mini was the primary reason dji came up with "flyaway insurance." if you took off and started downwind immediately, good chance that was the last you saw of it. couldn't wait of get rid of it and get the mini 2 but because the drones look alike, too afraid to fly when too windy even though i think the mini2 can handle it much better. i don't seem to have the same problems with the nano, it's a fighter.

^exactly i think the mini was the primary reason dji came up with "flyaway insurance." if you took off and started downwind immediately, good chance that was the last you saw of it. couldn't wait of get rid of it and get the mini 2 but because the drones look alike, too afraid to fly when too windy even though i think the mini2 can handle it much better. i don't seem to have the same problems with the nano, it's a fighter.
Yes, for our 249g drone test we did a RE job in a large screen enclosed area of a lanai, and pool having an area a good two stories and 120' wide. 100' depth. It was a nice property right off the river, and normally we use the E2P for that. We gave the Mini 3 and Nano + a shot. Winds were a good 10 mph gusting to 18 or 20. This place the winds were blowing across the enclosure.
Flight performance was ok with both of these. What really got us was the Mini 3 footage was jittery with those gusts here and there, and much of it was unusable. Flying the opposite direction was fine. The Nano+ at times looked like it was getting pushed around by the wind even on direct or straight passes. Wind was blowing in, but more across as well which was giving both of these sub 249 drones a hard time. When we viewed the Nano+ footage it was clean. We expected it to be worse than the Mini 3 given the early reports of gimbal issues though ours were not the older gimbal support bands.

We're going to hang on to both of these drones, but we chose to get a couple more of the Nano+ drones. The cameras are crazy good on them. We may even opt for a Lite + but that may defeat the purpose of the smaller drones when we have the E2P for most of our business.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials