Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

I am troubled and not happy today. Never planned on purchasing a SC, so congrats to all that do and I hope they work great...they sure look beautiful in pics! Thanks @advexure for posting pics!
I have always been a big supporter of Autel products and have both the Evo I and II pro.
Autel is now updating the NFZ database on your drone. Forced update...meaning you can't update the firmware and NOT have the NFZ update on the drone. IMO this is the first step to NFZ enforcement, just like DJI. If you have not heard the new CEO, (who worked for DJI), talk so "glowingly" about DJI and how great they are....you should give it a listen.
I have no problem with NFZ on drones, in fact I welcome it....as long as the final decision on the piloting of the drone is up to the pilot, and not the manufacturer.

If I were looking for a high end drone and/or when I get asked what drone I would recommend.....it pains me to say this, but I wouldn't purchase or recommend an Autel drone right now. Believe me...I get asked all the time what to buy. Lot of experience with firmware and drone apps....digging into how they work. I will fully admit I have NOT looked at the latest firmware yet to see if this update can be taken care of or not. NFZ enforcement is just a couple of bits away from being turned on. Not happy.
In some of the interviews with Randall Warnas (new Autel CEO), I've heard him talk about how Autel needs to do things DIFFERENTLY than DJI. I TRULY HOPE he lives up to those statements - especially regarding NFZ enforcement. If he and Autel do not - than I see no real difference between an EVO II and a DJI Mavic Pro/Air 2. In fact when the Mavic Pro 3 comes out - it will likely be the king (for awhile). My likely path in this scenario would be to sell my Autel gear and go with DJI - at least they have good schedules for product and firmware releases. Autel's decisions, communications, and business strategies are giving me a GIANT HEADACHE lately. I hope Randall can right the ship - I'm willing to give him the chance - but brand loyalty to Autel is about dead for me.

Reactions: G_G
Mine came too. Very impressive piece. Binding was a bit of an issue, only because the instructions weren't clear. The good folks at Advexture helped me thought it.

Question which is a bit off topic. There used to be...at least in the IOS app, a way to set the collision avoidance distance. I can't find it on the app in the SC....glad for your thoughts. Perhaps it was removed on a previous version and I didn't know...

Mine came too. Very impressive piece. Binding was a bit of an issue, only because the instructions weren't clear. The good folks at Advexture helped me thought it.

Question which is a bit off topic. There used to be...at least in the IOS app, a way to set the collision avoidance distance. I can't find it on the app in the SC....glad for your thoughts. Perhaps it was removed on a previous version and I didn't know...
i did like the Note @advexure slipped in the box

Fantastic piece of equipment! It may appear heavy, but I’m really looking forward to not lugging the stock controller with Thor bracket and an iPad. Coupled with AlienTech booster, SmartConroller will be so much easier to carry.

Thanks for sharing, it is very bright!

What version of Autel Explorer is the SC running? Can you download / update to the latest by simply downloading the APK from Autel's web site?

Are the Google Play services installed?

Can you side load other apps?

I have so many questions ?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Had a short test flight...works well. Need to figure the collision avoidance settings as mentioned above.

However, being new to Android...have no idea how to install other apps...Arg.

Can't find Google Play services...

Last edited:
What version of Autel Explorer is the SC running? Can you download / update to the latest by simply downloading the APK from Autel's web site?

Are the Google Play services installed?

Can you side load other apps?

I have so many questions ?
looks like google services not installed but guessing we can sideload and install google play store havnt tried it. I dont really want to brick the tablet LOL

its running android 7.0

explorer App version is V1.0.34

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike
Had a short test flight...works well. Need to figure the collision avoidance settings as mentioned above.

However, being new to Android...have no idea how to install other apps...Arg.
i kinda do want to install other apps but dont really want to. I dont want to lock it up and brick it LOL

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Looks like I need to add my account to the SC...but "add account" doesn't do anything. This is going rapidly from an exciting day to a frustrating day....

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
^thank you guys for sorting in out for the rest of us on day one two and three. please don't take any unnecessary risks but we appreciate you providing the details and reporting back so we know what to do as well. understandably this is delicate equipment.

First mod im working is 3d printing a bracket for my OG Alientech booster so happy i dont have to take apart the remote to add boosters

Attachments

• 1624655932251.jpg
    1624655932251.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 1624655932256.jpg
    1624655932256.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
Does anyone know when the next batch will be released? Since only 500 are to be built and think i saw only about 100 were sent out this time my guess is it will be a slow rollout.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791