Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

First off, I think comparing Randall to Bernie Madoff is a little... well, premature AND unfair. People I trust know him personally and have vouched for his integrity.

My point was simply that there have been many smooth-talking salesmen who have conned people. I have no reason to believe that Randall is one of them but I do want to see some public/official proof of his support offer for people who bought products containing discontinued chips. Forum messages or individual emails from him don't cut it for me.

Are the original EVO batteries really discontinued? I haven't followed that (or the X-Star), but it appears that you can buy EVO I batteries from both Autel directly and also B&H and Amazon. They're even on sale at B&H for $90 each.

Thanks. I should have made it clear that I'm UK based and it's illegal for US companies to ship batteries to international consumers. I have previously been able to buy UK stock of 4K EVO batteries from Amazon and elsewhere but none have been available here for months.
Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 12.08.30.png

You need to install Google services apk pack. I'm not home it's easy. When I get home I will point you to some links
Thanks...did a search, but don't want to install the wrong thing.I look forward to your help.

My intent is to make money from my videos; so whether they do or not, I figure they all fall under my Part 107.
Part 107 trivializes Trust which is recreational only; you're able to do more than recreationally certified pilots (of course). I will seek my 107 when I'm not working full time++ leading an engineering team. BTW, the Trust material was very presented by The Pilot Institute well test was incredibly easy; as in I and most avid recreational pilots would likely would have gotten 100% without the prep easy. The spirit was to ensure familiarity with safety, rules & responsibility; useful as I'm sure there are careless folk out in the wild.

Part 107 trivializes Trust which is recreational only; you're able to do more than recreationally certified pilots (of course). I will seek my 107 when I'm not working full time++ leading an engineering team. BTW, the Trust material was very presented by The Pilot Institute well test was incredibly easy; as in I and most avid recreational pilots would likely would have gotten 100% without the prep easy. The spirit was to ensure familiarity with safety, rules & responsibility; useful as I'm sure there are careless folk out in the wild.

I did take the PI TRUST course and printed up the certificate to be unquestionably legal in all instances; but I eventually will be putting all of my better videos on an ad-monetized site: so by FAA's guidelines, they're all potentially compensated, and therefore commercial.

Greg at PI is a good guy. I took their Part 107 course and highly recommend it to anyone with or without an aviation background who needs some training and test prep.

I posted a thread on Reddit about TRUST and PI's course, with starkly different responses ranging from "This is great" to "This is the end of freedom, liberty, and human civilization as we know it." Some of the responses were so rebellious and borderline-anarchistic that I can only hope the posters get tired of aviation and find new hobbies.

As for me, I'm about as libertarian as it gets; and I welcome the approach FAA is taking, especially as it relates to young people. Mandatory free training in the bare basics of airspace and safety is a great alternative to making every 8-year-old who wants to fly a toy drone in his or her backyard take a test to become formally certificated. But the printed TRUST certificate "feels" enough like a license that I think it will be become kind of a status symbol for young kid drone pilots.

I think it's pretty ingenious, actually. There are plenty of adult morons doing stupid things with drones, and they may be beyond hope. But FAA can bring the young ones into the fold in a gentle, but educational way: and I think the way they're doing it is excellent.

Reactions: mshmovie
ok i located two apk files you need one is google services and the other is google playstore

Thanks for those. I've installed both Now the apps that didn't work correctly...don't open at all. Chrome doesn't even work anymore.

Upon reboot, tells me I need to "Update Google Play Services". Which, doesn't open...just sits with a blank screen.

If I "uninstall" both...things work again. (Android can't really be this bad, can it?)

I must be missing something really obvious here...

Last edited:
..and now....an endless loop of the start screens. I guess I need a hard reset...but have no idea...and no available tech support on a Saturday...to do this.

..and now....an endless loop of the start screens. I guess I need a hard reset...but have no idea...and no available tech support on a Saturday...to do this.
I am computer illiterate. So tell me. What you are trying to do is get the controller to work with the evo 2 or are you trying to add other apps to the controller. If so are these apps necessary? I've ordered a controller and you're scaring me LOL

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I did take the PI TRUST course and printed up the certificate to be unquestionably legal in all instances; but I eventually will be putting all of my better videos on an ad-monetized site: so by FAA's guidelines, they're all potentially compensated, and therefore commercial.

Greg at PI is a good guy. I took their Part 107 course and highly recommend it to anyone with or without an aviation background who needs some training and test prep.

I posted a thread on Reddit about TRUST and PI's course, with starkly different responses ranging from "This is great" to "This is the end of freedom, liberty, and human civilization as we know it." Some of the responses were so rebellious and borderline-anarchistic that I can only hope the posters get tired of aviation and find new hobbies.

As for me, I'm about as libertarian as it gets; and I welcome the approach FAA is taking, especially as it relates to young people. Mandatory free training in the bare basics of airspace and safety is a great alternative to making every 8-year-old who wants to fly a toy drone in his or her backyard take a test to become formally certificated. But the printed TRUST certificate "feels" enough like a license that I think it will be become kind of a status symbol for young kid drone pilots.

I think it's pretty ingenious, actually. There are plenty of adult morons doing stupid things with drones, and they may be beyond hope. But FAA can bring the young ones into the fold in a gentle, but educational way: and I think the way they're doing it is excellent.
100% agree. It's a pragmatic way to promote sane practices and we've seen a lot that's far from sane; a good incremental step, if not quite compete (iteration to come).

The SC works fine with the aircraft. I've been trying to install (as I'm supposed to be able to do) a few apps like UAV Forecast, etc. However, several don't work correctly without the apps installed that were mentioned by alsey7. I've installed those...and then couldn't get most apps to work.

Now...in an endless loop of start up screens.

I want this SC to work.I've looked forward to it for months. Either I have no clue about Android (likely) or this SC isn't as compatible with other apps as suggested. Still trying to work with it.

The SC works fine with the aircraft. I've been trying to install (as I'm supposed to be able to do) a few apps like UAV Forecast, etc. However, several don't work correctly without the apps installed that were mentioned by alsey7. I've installed those...and then couldn't get most apps to work.

Now...in an endless loop of start up screens.

I want this SC to work.I've looked forward to it for months. Either I have no clue about Android (likely) or this SC isn't as compatible with other apps as suggested. Still trying to work with it.
Thanks for the clarification. I had the damnest time getting my Crystal Sky to work with the EVO app. I followed all the online procedures and downloads but most wouldn't work. Finally after about 8 hours I got it to work But don't ask me how. Good luck. I'm sure someone on here will walk you through it.

working on how to get into doing a hard reset.. on android there is a recovery mode on startup. Autel should have proper instructions how to get into it. will keep you posted sorry about all this

Last edited:
This morning, Did a comparison with Stock SmartController and SmartController with AlienTech Pro booster. My experience today, didn’t see any difference both had same equally strong transmission signal. If someone else compares stock SmartController vs. SmartController with AlienTech booster, please share your results. Mine are equally the same, seen no difference.

Going forward, I probably won’t use the AlienTech booster again. No need, SmartController is pretty darn good with transmission signal. Will post a few pics, with and without booster.

A tip with using an AlienTech booster on the SmartController, after removing the antennas each connector has a locking nut, washer and locking washer you‘ll need to remove these from each controller connector. Very simple, this will allow the booster cables to screw in completely to both controller connectors. Otherwise, the attached cable connectors will have play at the connecting points on the controller thus resulting in poor connections.

Overall, Love the new SmartController. Sure, Have a lot to learn and controller has a few bugs to work out. Almost forgot, I’m using a Trackimo tracker which I always fly with on each flight. Especially now, with no map if my Evo 2 goes down need to recover it.

Happy flying everyone ?

2B58902D-B408-4AC5-99C7-69D32CBE2504.jpeg1E981333-5824-4775-9E5D-95A501172EEC.jpeg784903F4-16A5-41A1-A42E-8BB6A3DAB0C8.jpeg15AB1E6D-C07A-4BCF-85DC-27755D63BD3A.jpeg it.

This morning, Did a comparison with Stock SmartController and SmartController with AlienTech Pro booster. My experience today, didn’t see any difference both had same equally strong transmission signal. If someone else compares stock SmartController vs. SmartController with AlienTech booster, please share your results. Mine are equally the same, seen no difference.

Going forward, I probably won’t use the AlienTech booster again. No need, SmartController is pretty darn good with transmission signal. Will post a few pics, with and without booster.

A tip with using an AlienTech booster on the SmartController, after removing the antennas each connector has a locking nut, washer and locking washer you‘ll need to remove these from each controller connector. Very simple, this will allow the booster cables to screw in completely to both controller connectors. Otherwise, the attached cable connectors will have play at the connecting points on the controller thus resulting in poor connections.

Overall, Love the new SmartController. Sure, Have a lot to learn and controller has a few bugs to work out. Almost forgot, I’m using a Trackimo tracker which I always fly with on each flight. Especially now, with no map if my Evo 2 goes down need to recover it.

Happy flying everyone ?

View attachment 10762doView attachment 10763View attachment 10764View attachment 10765
doing a range take in a bit i have original alientech boosted antenna will report back on what i get. also i didnt remove the washer what i did grinded off a little bit LOL the connector. this was only test grind LOL taking off a little helped tightend it down. looking for other low profile cables

Attachments

• range.jpg
    range.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 1624748265942.jpg
    1624748265942.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
doing a range take in a bit i have original alientech boosted antenna will report back on what i get. also i didnt remove the washer what i did grinded off a little bit LOL the connector. this was only test grind LOL taking off a little helped tightend it down. looking for other low profile cables
Looking forward to your review, Mine wasn’t all that different.

i see you ground down the connectors, yes that will work allowing no play at the connections. I removed the locking nut, washer and locking washer instead.

Looking forward to your comparison ?

Looking forward to your review, Mine wasn’t all that different.

i see you ground down the connectors, yes that will work allowing no play at the connections. I removed the locking nut, washer and locking washer instead.

Looking forward to your comparison ?
going to do it tonight. will post results also late tonight

No big hurry alsey, main thing is take your time with stress free comparison. We can wait, good luck!
So just did range test and this time with Alientech booster in urban city it went around 10,300 ft distant. there was no breakup decided to Return home

Attachments

• alien.jpg
    alien.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member