Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

Hopefully, the wait won’t be too long and enough are in first batch to cover your order.

Keep us posted, hopefully the wait isn’t too long.
I’m following every post in this thread! So, I will post as soon as I get mine.(actually depends on @advexure )Lol ??take care guys and flight safe! ?

Well guys...I still can't get this darned SC connected to my Google account in order to get some apps needed.

I know I'm not versed in Android...but this is ridiculous. Contacted Advexure and am awaiting their response. If I can't get these other apps I need in the SC...it's going back. I'll still with ios.

You shouldn't need a google account....look up how to sideload android apps....dead simple. I highly doubt that Autel would lock down the SC, unlike DJI.

Reactions: PingSpike
You shouldn't need a google account....look up how to sideload android apps....dead simple. I highly doubt that Autel would lock down the SC, unlike DJI.
Are these the CDK(?) files I see on-line?

Thanks guys...will try that out! Trying to avoid the frustration...I wasn't sure if that was a safe way to get the apps. CDK, APK...whatever it takes!

I've downloaded a couple of the apps, and at least one will not work without Google Play Services which are not supported on your device...is there a work-around?

Last edited:
Thanks guys...will try that out! Trying to avoid the frustration...I wasn't sure if that was a safe way to get the apps. CDK, APK...whatever it takes!

I've downloaded a couple of the apps, and at least one will not work without Google Play Services which are not supported on your device...is there a work-around?
You need to install Google services apk pack. I'm not home it's easy. When I get home I will point you to some links

That's not the only problem.

First of all, even giving Randall the benefit of the doubt as the "new guy" at Autel Robotics, his company's reputation for long-term product support is less-than-wonderful. Read through the fora for X-Star Premium and EVO I if you don't know what I mean.

We're talking about devices that cost more than twice what I paid for some cars I've owned. Yet in the case of X-Star Premium (with EVO I close behind), they've become expensive paperweights due to AR's refusal to provide ongoing support.

AR's refusal to provide batteries is particularly offensive both because it's the only part whose lifetime is known to be limited under normal use, and because there exists a relatively easy solution: Either license the logic tech to Some Other Company so they can make aftermarket battery clones, or just open-source it altogether and let anyone make them.

AR's refusal to use either option to support their product and customers is reprehensible. In view of a history of that sort of recent-past product non-support, how much credibility should I, as an EVO II owner, give to Randall's vague assurances regarding EVO II?

I can't even rightly call his assurances "promises" because Randall has a gift for using many words to say nothing. My impression thus far is that he's more suited for a career in politics than as CEO of a tech company, where specificity is everything.

Randall could, of course, change my mind. All he has to do is start manufacturing batteries for past AR drone models (or enable other companies to manufacture aftermarket ones). If he refuses to do so, or if he lacks the authority to do so, then please explain why I should view his vague assurances regarding EVO II as having any credibility whatsoever?

The other problem has to do with reasonable expectations: and this may be where Autel Robotics suffers more than damage to their reputation.

People who purchased the EVO II with the assumption, based on the company's own marketing materials, that the Smart Controller was "coming soon," had a reasonable expectation that the product would actually exist in sufficient quantities for anyone who wanted one to obtain one. If that turns out to be false, it constitutes a material misrepresentation in AR's marketing.

One might excuse that as unintentional were it not for the fact that AR's official site is still marketing both the EVO II and the SC, with no mention of the future incompatibilities, nor any mention that the SC is basically vaporware as far as new EVO II buyers are concerned, and with the promise that future aircraft will also be supported by the SC.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think a class-action suit is inevitable. The company is still materially misrepresenting its products and making promises that even Randall admits they can't keep. Customers who buy an EVO II today based on information on AR's own Web site are being defrauded, plain and simple.

Randall may not be authorized to start building batteries for older drones, but one would think he can authorize a change of wording on a Web site to remove a material misrepresentation.

So please forgive me if I hesitate to place my faith in Randal's many words and scant substance. I do hope he proves my hesitancy to be unwarranted, but that hope is waning.
Very thoughtful points.

Many bought the Evo II knowing the Smart Controller would be available for it and other product to come with zero insight into the chip challenge precipitating a V1/V2 issue and the non-trivial compatibility issues it causes.

Perhaps Randal is a smooth talker, but he seems sincere. If the company does not take care of the customers as he's promised to do, they'll simply have an issue in the market and they will lose market share.

We're at the point where we have to make our choices based on what we've heard & read. I hope Autel Robotics succeeds in taking care of all involved.

Will they? We'll see. I hope no one get's hurt financially; I do this for pleasure, others are in this for business and have a deep bench of V1 hardware and expectations as to what it will do for their business and how long it will provide revenue - that's a very big deal.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
Strong words but since my 4K EVO 1 is now doomed, less than two years after I bought it, with no replacement batteries (and doubtless many other parts) available, I tend to agree. All the reputable companies I know would continue to produce the batteries and other parts for many years after discontinuing an expensive product - so I fear there is more to this saga than meets the eye. The most likely explanation imho is that Autel Robotics are out of cash and almost bust - but they can dispel that notion easily by producing the spare parts I'm going to need.

And I can't get my head around this chip thing. Too many folk here seem too happy to be receiving their new smart controllers when they know they have bought a pup and have nothing much more than a verbal assurance on an internet forum that all will be well in the future.

The only way that all will be well going forward is if those buying drones or controllers today have a formal guarantee that that they will be able to get support, repair and parts going forward - or that if an upgrade is forced upon them, they will not have to pay any extra for it.

The fact that Autel's website is pretending this issue doesn't exist is worrying. And the fact that they have only announced it to resellers without notifying the press is also worrying.

The new CEO talks well and sounds persuasive. But that's not enough. Bernie Madoff had the same qualities.

I think that at least one reseller has vowed in this thread to come clean with new customers about the chip issue before taking their cash - but that too only holds water if it's on their website in black and white for all to see.
Some valid points, but you can get Evo I Batteries from B&H here: Autel Robotics 4300mAh Intelligent LiPo Battery for EVO Drones

We'll see how well we're taken care of when we want to go to the next airframe and have a V1 Smart Controller (B&H has not shipped mine yet).

This is still unfolding.

In some of the interviews with Randall Warnas (new Autel CEO), I've heard him talk about how Autel needs to do things DIFFERENTLY than DJI. I TRULY HOPE he lives up to those statements - especially regarding NFZ enforcement. If he and Autel do not - than I see no real difference between an EVO II and a DJI Mavic Pro/Air 2. In fact when the Mavic Pro 3 comes out - it will likely be the king (for awhile). My likely path in this scenario would be to sell my Autel gear and go with DJI - at least they have good schedules for product and firmware releases. Autel's decisions, communications, and business strategies are giving me a GIANT HEADACHE lately. I hope Randall can right the ship - I'm willing to give him the chance - but brand loyalty to Autel is about dead for me.
Add that we now have to comply with FAA Trust and demonstrate compliance with a Community Based Organization when we fly, despite none being acknowledged and accepted by the FAA, the lack of enforcing a no fly zone could be just the tool an idle law enforcement officer uses to make the cost of flight massively expensive; DJI may become more attractive as this climate continues to change - TBD. DJI has the ability to fire back with a nicer smart controller; expect it.

Add that we now have to comply with FAA Trust and demonstrate compliance with a Community Based Organization when we fly, despite none being acknowledged and accepted by the FAA, the lack of enforcing a no fly zone could be just the tool an idle law enforcement officer uses to make the cost of flight massively expensive; DJI may become more attractive as this climate continues to change - TBD. DJI has the ability to fire back with a nicer smart controller; expect it.
My intent is to make money from my videos; so whether they do or not, I figure they all fall under my Part 107.

The big thing I’m waiting for is range testing compared to standard and thoughts on the controls. Hopefully someone will do some flight testing soon
just did a range test where i live in Escondido Ca which has alot of wifi signals and i was shocked on stock autel remote i would get 4000 ft distant on the SC i got 7,000 ft distant... this is plenty for any user

Hi APs, I am posting as I wanted to know about the forums members experience with the online shop "Autel Pilot .com". I placed an order for spare props and car charger, have not received and local post delivery service said to contact sender. I have emailed the sales email address, texted Eric (from sites contact page ) and reached out via WhatsApp. No response from any one. Very disappointed and looks like I can kiss my 300 odd $ goodbye. Would not recommend using them. Of more concern is the fact I put in and paid for a smart controller and requested it cancelled and a refund once I saw the posts re non compatibility issues. Appreciate any suggestions on how to contact them or if this is others experience also.
cheers Chris.
I ordered the SC from them and paid in full upfront. Not received anything from them in responce to emails or WhatsApp. Getting very worried.

just did a range test where i live in Escondido Ca which has alot of wifi signals and i was shocked on stock autel remote i would get 4000 ft distant on the SC i got 7,000 ft distant... this is plenty for any user
awesome, thanks for the report. others will chime in with the stock+alientech distances which will help determine if I sell or keep my "backup" rig. wow, and then you have to wonder how much further distance the v2 sc will make.

Reactions: edgardcafe
awesome, thanks for the report. others will chime in with the stock+alientech distances which will help determine if I sell or keep my "backup" rig. wow, and then you have to wonder how much further distance the v2 sc will make.
i own alientech antenna will be installing it soon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman