Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

Yes, I already read that. What worries me is that we know about this but it's not on Autel's website and it's possible it isn't being flagged up to new buyers. It needs to be a formal statement on the Autel website and on resellers' web sites. And the support offer needs to be precise. If they "offer V2 products to replace V1 products" will that be at no cost to the customer - and will it still apply after the warranty expires?
Autel for the most part does not sell direct to consumers. They have a network of dealers (my company included) and distributors. It’s our job to inform and educate our customers of any issues with the products we sell. Most resellers/dealers do not perform any repairs. For that you will be directed to the manufacturer. I believe @advexure is a different animal though and they offer services that most dealers do not.
-Billy

in the usa, we have a much harder time dealing with these types of regulations because they are politicized as you have done in your paragraph. especially when it comes to government telling private business what they can and cannot do and basing it on "the good of the country." the only repair protections that I am aware of that has such legal standing in america is with cars.
Don’t even get me started on “the good of the country.” Sheesh!

Autel for the most part does not sell direct to consumers. They have a network of dealers (my company included) and distributors. It’s our job to inform and educate our customers of any issues with the products we sell. Most resellers/dealers do not perform any repairs. For that you will be directed to the manufacturer. I believe @advexure is a different animal though and they offer services that most dealers do not.
-Billy
Thanks for the shout, @Lexicon. For most manufacturers we are able to handle L1 and L2 service and repairs in our Advexure service center, except with Autel we really stick to L1 only as their service center up Bothell, WA at their HQ typically has been very strong in QC&A and efficient over the years.

You are exactly right that it is our job as dealers and distributors to inform and educate customers and potential customers. Advexure is working on getting some additional content released pertaining to the V1 and V2 change and have also advised Autel that their needs to be more information and notices available so folks know about the version change.

There will be no interruptions to support, repair or warranty pertaining to V1 or V2 systems.

I placed my pre-order with them, without payment. Perhaps that why in the email sent, they suggested shopping on the 24th or 25th....

Hmm...what was the better news today? Upcoming jury duty...or the Smart Controller?

Reactions: JTech777
I placed my pre-order with them, without payment. Perhaps that why in the email sent, they suggested shopping on the 24th or 25th....

Hmm...what was the better news today? Upcoming jury duty...or the Smart Controller?
Thats a tuff choice?

paid.

my autel evo 2 is officially grounded until I receive the sc. don't want to risk a crash before I get a chance to use it.

I can wait but it's nice to see units are shipping already.

Reactions: edgardcafe
just talked with advexure mine will be shipped thursday
nice. they must have receive a lot of units to be able to ship as fast as they can all the way thru the week. that must be a hundred but I dunno I'm not in the business. I hope it's safe to say anyone who pre-ordered from @advexure and pay up should get one, no?

so exciting; I haven't been this excited about a product in a long time. :)

i paid full for my order on 4/29 looks like they did get alot of SC. also paided next day delivery
not sure why I said 5/20 since I think we were discussing the sc issue by then.

I ordered on 4/20, I confused the month. don't know why, I had an ex-gf who use to love that day for some reason. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE