Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No camera view on vr mode

Evoman

Reaction score
Just other day tried vr mode on the evo. An to my surprise I had no picture ,just the red graphics. I am using Samsung galaxy s8. I all so tried my wife's an sons phone. Called laurel sent pitcher's to them as requested. Been a weak no response. Like to know if any one has had same problem. Thanks evoman.

I have had an Evo with a Samsung G8 phone and also a Samsung 7" tablet since Dec 2018. VR mode was working correctly with both devices until I recently updated the AE app on my phone only. Now the VR mode gives me a blank screen with the green telemetry data and grid lines. Even when I go back to regular camera mode, the camera view does not return until I restart the app, then it's fine. The tablet, whose AE app I did NOT update, still operates correctly in VR mode. One note- even on my phone, though the VR screen is blank, the camera gimbal still pans down correctly in response to the phone's motion whenever I tilt it.

Another note- I have not updated the firmware in my Evo in the past 6 months. It flies fine so I'm not inclined to update it unless there is a prevailing reason to. Not opposed to it, nor wanting to start a drama, just have had too many Samsung phones that worked great until I allowed their system updates to run.

I'm looking into how I can roll back the app version on my phone to the previous working version. I have no need for the mission planning and other features.
Hope this helps!

I have had an Evo with a Samsung G8 phone and also a Samsung 7" tablet since Dec 2018. VR mode was working correctly with both devices until I recently updated the AE app on my phone only. Now the VR mode gives me a blank screen with the green telemetry data and grid lines. Even when I go back to regular camera mode, the camera view does not return until I restart the app, then it's fine. The tablet, whose AE app I did NOT update, still operates correctly in VR mode. One note- even on my phone, though the VR screen is blank, the camera gimbal still pans down correctly in response to the phone's motion whenever I tilt it.

Another note- I have not updated the firmware in my Evo in the past 6 months. It flies fine so I'm not inclined to update it unless there is a prevailing reason to. Not opposed to it, nor wanting to start a drama, just have had too many Samsung phones that worked great until I allowed their system updates to run.

I'm looking into how I can roll back the app version on my phone to the previous working version. I have no need for the mission planning and other features.
Hope this helps!
You can subscribe to the beta app in the Google Play Store and see if that corrects your problem.

and here are older versions of the Explorer app which you can download and side-load.

Thanks Ansia, I've removed the AE ***.33 version and installed the AE***.08 version via APK Pure utility you recommended. I'm at work presently but I will check out with my Evo when I get home and will report back. Probably will be tomorrow. V/R

Reactions: Ansia
Ok, yesterday I deleted the latest Autel Explorer app (V.1.0.33) from my Samsung Galaxy 8 phone and reinstalled V1.0.1.8 (this is the same version that is on my tablet) using the APKPure app Ansia informed me about. (Thanks so much Ansia!!) Now the VR mode is working correctly again. Typically I wouldn't use the VR mode because the goggles that hold my phone do prevent VLOS. In this case, I was trying to take some pictures of my roof from about 30' AGL and the sun was so bright I couldn't see anything just viewing my phone screen. I had a spotter beside me.

On a slightly separate note, I did the $5 registration with the US FAA several months ago. They mentioned needing to pass a basic knowledge test, but I haven't seen anything on the FAA drone website yet (as of a couple weeks ago). I'm assuming until the test is available, we're still legal to fly without passing it as long as we're adhering to all the other rules. Does anyone know when this test will be available?

Thanks, allen_non

Ok, yesterday I deleted the latest Autel Explorer app (V.1.0.33) from my Samsung Galaxy 8 phone and reinstalled V1.0.1.8 (this is the same version that is on my tablet) using the APKPure app Ansia informed me about. (Thanks so much Ansia!!) Now the VR mode is working correctly again. Typically I wouldn't use the VR mode because the goggles that hold my phone do prevent VLOS. In this case, I was trying to take some pictures of my roof from about 30' AGL and the sun was so bright I couldn't see anything just viewing my phone screen. I had a spotter beside me.

On a slightly separate note, I did the $5 registration with the US FAA several months ago. They mentioned needing to pass a basic knowledge test, but I haven't seen anything on the FAA drone website yet (as of a couple weeks ago). I'm assuming until the test is available, we're still legal to fly without passing it as long as we're adhering to all the other rules. Does anyone know when this test will be available?

Thanks, allen_non
From what my local FSDO told me, it should be available some 50 odd days from now. Could be sooner, but no later than that.

You can subscribe to the beta app in the Google Play Store and see if that corrects your problem.

and here are older versions of the Explorer app which you can download and side-load.

thanks Allen an A nsia for the response. Autel never got back to me with a reply. I was relieved to hear, that my evo wasn't defective. So I called Autel to tell them, that my fellow pilots found the problem an its in your new app. they working on the app to solve the problem.Again thanks Allen an Ansia.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert