Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW TABLET

Are the user operable on the standard 2 or just the Enterprise?
All the Mavic 2's have the white landing lights underneath: Zoom, Pro, Enterprise, and Enterprise Dual. The function is user programmable into the C1 or C2 button, to toggle between Auto (the default, which then only turns them on at night when landing), Off, and On. I'd prefer only On and Off, because I occasionally inadvertently turn the Auto function back on by mistake after having shut them off, which is then blinding during a hand catch after dark. However, the app briefly displays the current new status when you press the user assigned C button. It's easy to miss, though, while flying, if activated unintentionally. These landing lights are independent of the search light accessory that can be mounted on top of the Enterprise units.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightbat2
Update on Autocube X1 tablet. It handles the Evo app really well, though I haven’t yet used it with the special modes such as Waypoints, etc. I’m disappointed with the screen’s visibility outdoors—you really need to be in shade to see it. I’ve tried a couple of home-made visors (black cardboard) but haven’t got it right yet. Can’t find anything official, but one reviewer said it came with a “pre-installed screen protector”. Be damned if I can tell, though there does appear to be a small notch at the top lrfthand edge (when held in portrait mode) that could be where one could be lifted.

Update on Autocube X1 tablet. It handles the Evo app really well, though I haven’t yet used it with the special modes such as Waypoints, etc. I’m disappointed with the screen’s visibility outdoors—you really need to be in shade to see it. I’ve tried a couple of home-made visors (black cardboard) but haven’t got it right yet. Can’t find anything official, but one reviewer said it came with a “pre-installed screen protector”. Be damned if I can tell, though there does appear to be a small notch at the top lrfthand edge (when held in portrait mode) that could be where one could be lifted.
All tablets have low brightness. If you want clear visible under direct sunlight, then either get a crystal sky or a flagship android phone.

All tablets have low brightness. If you want clear visible under direct sunlight, then either get a crystal sky or a flagship android phone.
Thought about the Crystal Sky, but it’s a little bulky—and pricey. I’m soon going to need a new phone as my 5 year old Lumia isn’t supported buy Microsoft any more. Trouble with all the newer phones is that their displays are very “wide angle” but not very deep and not sure you’d see as much real estate for droning.

Bit the bullet after today’s flights, and ordered a Thor Liftor for the Evo. It’ll handle any tablet from around iPad Mini to iPad Pro 12.9, and will certainly put less strain on the Evo controller.

Bit the bullet after today’s flights, and ordered a Thor Liftor for the Evo. It’ll handle any tablet from around iPad Mini to iPad Pro 12.9, and will certainly put less strain on the Evo controller.
Agreed. However, unless you also buy the LifThor smaller phone holder, you won't ever be able to use your phone again, without uninstalling and reinstalling the original phone holder. Seems the LifThor ball size is extra large and proprietary, and won't fit other standard cell phone mounts. I believe the LifThor installation also may preclude installing the aftermarket DBS-02 antenna setup. Still checking on that. If anyone knows that both can be used together, please reply!

Agreed. However, unless you also buy the LifThor smaller phone holder, you won't ever be able to use your phone again, without uninstalling and reinstalling the original phone holder. Seems the LifThor ball size is extra large and proprietary, and won't fit other standard cell phone mounts. I believe the LifThor installation also may preclude installing the aftermarket DBS-02 antenna setup. Still checking on that. If anyone knows that both can be used together, please reply!
Don’t use my phone as it isn’t supported (Windows). The Liftor will hold my 8.4 inch Android tablet or my 12.9 iPad Pro. As and when I get a new phone I’ll worry about how to fit it. Sorry, have no idea about the antennae.

Last edited:
Don’t use my phone as it isn’t supported (Windows). The Liftor will hold my 8.4 inch Android tablet or my 12.9 iPad Pro. As and when I get a new phone I’ll worry about how to fit it. Sorry, have no idea about the antennae.
Now that I have finally managed to sync EVO flight logs from my Mini 4 by upgrading to iOS 12 (still requires some deft fingerwork on the sync screen, as the Cancel button still covers the Sync button!), I no longer have to use my smaller iPhone 8 Plus phone to use iOS Autel Explorer, and can abandon the dodgy Android tablets that won't work in the LifThor mount, so the LifThor mount should be more useful to me. Still hoping that the DBS-02 external antenna won't preclude using the superior LifThor mount.

Now that I have finally managed to sync EVO flight logs from my Mini 4 by upgrading to iOS 12 (still requires some deft fingerwork on the sync screen, as the Cancel button still covers the Sync button!), I no longer have to use my smaller iPhone 8 Plus phone to use iOS Autel Explorer, and can abandon the dodgy Android tablets that won't work in the LifThor mount, so the LifThor mount should be more useful to me. Still hoping that the DBS-02 external antenna won't preclude using the superior LifThor mount.
My only concern with the Lifhor is that unless I leave it set up, deployment will take extra time.

My only concern with the Lifhor is that unless I leave it set up, deployment will take extra time.
Exactly, which is why when I ran into what appeared to be antenna interference when using it, not being able to quickly switch from a questionable Android tablet where the power button fell exactly under the pressure point on one of the four LifThor bracket sides, back to my smaller iPhone made testing impossible, to see if it was the LifThor or the Android tablet that was dodgy. I had to uninstall the LifThor to use my reliable iPhone. Still waiting to test the LifThor mount with the Mini 4 now. Reinstalling the LifThor is a pain. Once on, it needs to stay on. I have also since found a very heavy metal phone mount that will fit on the LifThor ball for testing. LifThor certainly stabilizes the entire EVO RC, by adding structural support between the sketchy handles that were never intended to support a tablet weight, nor even a phone!

Exactly, which is why when I ran into what appeared to be antenna interference when using it, not being able to quickly switch from a questionable Android tablet where the power button fell exactly under the pressure point on one of the four LifThor bracket sides, back to my smaller iPhone made testing impossible, to see if it was the LifThor or the Android tablet that was dodgy. I had to uninstall the LifThor to use my reliable iPhone. Still waiting to test the LifThor mount with the Mini 4 now. Reinstalling the LifThor is a pain. Once on, it needs to stay on. I have also since found a very heavy metal phone mount that will fit on the LifThor ball for testing. LifThor certainly stabilizes the entire EVO RC, by adding structural support between the sketchy handles that were never intended to support a tablet weight, nor even a phone!
To paraphrase a line from Jaws:”I’m gonna need a bigger case”.

To paraphrase a line from Jaws:”I’m gonna need a bigger case”.
Yup! If you want to also retain portability and compactness for flexibility, a second stock EVO RC to use a phone is only $267 more from Autel. Pairing another RC is easy and takes just 30 seconds.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691