Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Robotics Controller is coming: Now is official :D

Whats new.Its Autel.
Agreed.. lol. But to be fair they did say end of May - beginning of June and (unless you purchased directly through Autel) that's when they'll ship to the distributors/dealers and then the dealers will have to ship them out to us. So early or mid June is right in-line with what they said when they announced the controller. I'm hoping they will be earlier since they should want to get rid of the view that they're terrible on keeping launch day promises that almost anyone in the Autel community has, most likely not but either way Fingers ?

Agreed.. lol. But to be fair they did say end of May - beginning of June and (unless you purchased directly through Autel) that's when they'll ship to the distributors/dealers and then the dealers will have to ship them out to us. So early or mid June is right in-line with what they said when they announced the controller. I'm hoping they will be earlier since they should want to get rid of the view that they're terrible on keeping launch day promises that almost anyone in the Autel community has, most likely not but either way Fingers ?
if they come close, I'm ok. I knew I wouldn't be flying over Memorial Day but I expect that have a full summer for smart controller flying and that means I have to start by Jun 20. ;)

what I am more worried about is underestimating the demand or some sort of chip or parts shortage, a yield problem, maybe those screens are flaking out...something beyond their control, maybe covid slow down, and either we get massive delays or autel only received 50 in their first batch which means only 2 per dealer (channel, whatever) and we don't know when that second batch will arrive.

if they come close, I'm ok. I knew I wouldn't be flying over Memorial Day but I expect that have a full summer for smart controller flying and that means I have to start by Jun 20. ;)

what I am more worried about is underestimating the demand or some sort of chip or parts shortage, a yield problem, maybe those screens are flaking out...something beyond their control, maybe covid slow down, and either we get massive delays or autel only received 50 in their first batch which means only 2 per dealer (channel, whatever) and we don't know when that second batch will arrive.
there shouldnt be a chip shortage on samsung SOC since its a old chip. I dont think Autel will have issue they are not Nvidia or AMD LOL. Its very early to tell if its been delayed lets just wait until official announcement. Autel knows that customer paid Full price ( yes i paid for one cost me $1,300 after taxes ) and this was not a deposit orders. again lets wait

I do not see any spot for the SD card ?
that's too bad since many people are used to having a microsd card slot on a smart controller. I guess if you can use the USB port with an adapter. will I be to wirelessly connect my smart controller to my computer and download those video files off the massive internal storage....or do I have to use a cable? can I upload those files from internal memory to the cloud using wifi?

the smart controller is not going to change what we always know which is the sc explorer app will end up behind in version control and people will want to sideload or use a beta version. I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes up.

I wonder how the preorders a going? Does anyone have slots left or are they all spoke for?
They were stating sold out weeks ago but then made available again around 3 weeks ago, I have ordered and it better be good at that price! The iPad Air have would be perfect but the nits brightness level is 10 times better, and you dont have to faff around with sun shaders, usb cables, etc

I do not see any spot for the SD card ?
There is 128gb internal storage as standard which for me is more than enough, there is a usb slot see the attached

Attachments

• 800F3426-7691-467D-9D51-304D1336CE7D.png
    800F3426-7691-467D-9D51-304D1336CE7D.png
    827.9 KB · Views: 19
  • C88286CA-AF14-4CF9-940E-89CB217C174F.png
    C88286CA-AF14-4CF9-940E-89CB217C174F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
I don't understand the "need" for a hard slot on the SC. The actual high quality video files won't be recorded there....just on the cards or memory in the A/C.

Why would you need more storage space than the 128gb internal?

I don't understand the "need" for a hard slot on the SC. The actual high quality video files won't be recorded there....just on the cards or memory in the A/C.

Why would you need more storage space than the 128gb internal?
While you of course are correct....but...but...Micro SD Card slot! We NEED one or its crap! Nevermind that we don't actually need one. (yep, you don't)

Easy tiger, it's only 2nd June ?

We've yet to see one of these in the wild, much less embargoed on a dealers shelf.

?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel