Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Robotics Controller is coming: Now is official :D

alientech have no plans to make an adapter for it, I asked them. I think they are waiting to see if the new range knocks their product out.
Thanks for checking and posting. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that both the range with this new one is better, as well as them doing an adapter so I can continue to use my current booster if needed/wanted.

With the removable antennas, it shouldn’t be difficult to get the existing booster attached. I have found I rarely use it these days, but I do use better antennas. If the new controller has the better range it seems to be touting, then the boosters wouldn’t be anygood due to the aircrafts endurance

Reactions: PingSpike
With the removable antennas, it shouldn’t be difficult to get the existing booster attached. I have found I rarely use it these days, but I do use better antennas. If the new controller has the better range it seems to be touting, then the boosters wouldn’t be anygood due to the aircrafts endurance
They're still useful when you're having to cut through areas with lots of WiFi. The 2.4Ghz spectrum is pretty crowded around me.

true enough. I think the existing setup will be workable. Once i get my smart controller ill see what i can put together on the printer.

Reactions: aebiv
Ive been using this setup when i need boosters. 3m cables so i can mount anywhere and they plug directly into the controller. I dont have to worry about them being as directional dependant like the alientech.
Having said that, the alien tech still has its place in my kit.

IMG_2754.jpg

Reactions: aebiv
Im already working on a Adapter so i can use my Alientech booster should be very easy to 3d print out one
I hope we don’t need a booster for the new Autel Smart controller, 13km image transmission may be enough. Hopefully, the increased signal strength from new Smart Controller solves the need to add a booster.

I’m not getting any younger, Controller weight starting to take its toll on me.
Especially with the extra weight from booster, I’d rather keep Smart controller light as possible. I do have an AlienTech Pro Autel booster, Hate to add on this additional weight.

Looking forward to reading your reviews if you do add on the AlienTech booster, I’ll wait and see Before adding on my AlienTech. I have faith Autel got it right with this Smart Controller, 13km should be plenty transmission strength to punch through obstacles or interference.
PAUL

I hope we don’t need a booster for the new Autel Smart controller, 13km image transmission may be enough. Hopefully, the increased signal strength from new Smart Controller solves the need to add a booster.

I’m not getting any younger, Controller weight starting to take its toll on me.
Especially with the extra weight from booster, I’d rather keep Smart controller light as possible. I do have an AlienTech Pro Autel booster, Hate to add on this additional weight.

Looking forward to reading your reviews if you do add on the AlienTech booster, I’ll wait and see Before adding on my AlienTech. I have faith Autel got it right with this Smart Controller, 13km should be plenty transmission strength to punch through obstacles or interference.
PAUL
One thing that surprises me is the size of this thing, its huge -

303×190×87mm (with antenna folded) 303×273×87mm (with antenna unfolded)

don't know what's going on with that width let alone the length of it!

Anyhow, I spoke to Alientech again today and they state "we are designing connection methods and accessories for external devices for it. I believe we will launch products suitable for it in the near 1-2 months."

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
i imagine the width of 87mm is including the "rest bar" on the back of the unit.
Its going to be about the dimensions of an Ipad Pro (12") (roughly). Im really looking forward to putting this baby to use.

One thing that surprises me is the size of this thing, its huge -

303×190×87mm (with antenna folded) 303×273×87mm (with antenna unfolded)

don't know what's going on with that width let alone the length of it!

Anyhow, I spoke to Alientech again today and they state "we are designing connection methods and accessories for external devices for it. I believe we will launch products suitable for it in the near 1-2 months."
uh, yeah that's pretty big. :eek:

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Reactions: steve2497
I wonder how the preorders a going? Does anyone have slots left or are they all spoke for?

I wonder how the preorders a going? Does anyone have slots left or are they all spoke for?
They are still taking pre-orders on Advexure. Not sure if it'll get out on the first run or second but they are quicker than anyone else I've bought from and are always quick to answer any questions no matter how repetitive or unnecessary they are..lol?.. speaking for myself of course.¹

Looking forward to some hands on reviews, or better yet hands on. Not sure how quick I’ll get mine in Australia, but I’m first on the list at my supplier

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain