Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Evo II Entreprise - V2 Firmware V2.1.77 w/ Smart RC

I'm in the group now. And it looks like Ken agrees that this does not affect the FW when using a SC so you should be okay. Worst case is you would need to roll back, but I doubt that would be the case. If it is, rooling back is the same process with the SD card and is easy to do if needed.

Here is a link to the FW you are currently on just in case you need it. I don't think you will though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d70s6pgbsbe0bo/Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_V2.1.67.zip
Just finished the update!
Everything was so smoothly. After the update, I calibrated the gimbal and the IMU. I’ll flight next Sunday.
On the SC, if I click the update firmware, it still show to “download the 2.1.77” I guess I just need to ignore it.

Attachments

• 5DF1ADE0-0A12-44E8-A2D2-C38C2EB39DBF.jpeg
    5DF1ADE0-0A12-44E8-A2D2-C38C2EB39DBF.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just finished the update!
Everything was so smoothly. After the update, I calibrated the gimbal and the IMU. I’ll flight next Sunday.
On the SC, if I click the update firmware, it still show to “download the 2.1.77” I guess I just need to ignore it.

You can go here and select "version table" and check to make sure all of your modules are updated. Make sure all of your batteries are on v.0.0.16.0

Verify that your SC is on the latest version app. (1.0.67)

Capture.JPG

Reactions: edgardcafe
You can go here and select "version table" and check to make sure all of your modules are updated. Make sure all of your batteries are on v.0.0.16.0

Verify that your SC is on the latest version app. (1.0.67)

View attachment 12611
Just verified and all the modules are updated as well all my batteries are the latest version (v.0.0.16.0). I also can use my batteries with my Evo 2 Pro V1 without issues right ?
Thank you so much for your help!!😊

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Hello, I leave this message here too, I have the enterprise too, I could update the smarcontroller with the SD because via OTA we already know that it fails, but I had to do some tests with a standard remote, so I had to update it to the latest version When I got ready to do it, they had removed the firmware from the download section, I don't know if it has to see the complaints of some users who had bricked their remote, I contacted autel china directly and they gave me the firmware with some instructions installation, in these instructions it clearly says DO NOT UNCOMPRESS THE ZIP FILE, it is just the opposite of what Ken says in the facebook pdf, I don't know if he will have to see it or not, but two people who have bricked his remote, unzipped the zip and they put the loose files in the sd.

Hello, I leave this message here too, I have the enterprise too, I could update the smarcontroller with the SD because via OTA we already know that it fails, but I had to do some tests with a standard remote, so I had to update it to the latest version When I got ready to do it, they had removed the firmware from the download section, I don't know if it has to see the complaints of some users who had bricked their remote, I contacted autel china directly and they gave me the firmware with some instructions installation, in these instructions it clearly says DO NOT UNCOMPRESS THE ZIP FILE, it is just the opposite of what Ken says in the facebook pdf, I don't know if he will have to see it or not, but two people who have bricked his remote, unzipped the zip and they put the loose files in the sd.
Unzipping does nothing that would brick the RC. If you look at the process of what the OTA does it extracts before it sends to the RC anyways. So it’s the same process!

The reason why we tell people to unzip is that some craft versions have issues with unzipping. It just eliminates a possible issue that someone might have.

The reason for the bricks is actually a bad boot loader version .

So in the future why don’t you leave the technical stuff that you clearly don’t understand to others and not create a post that accuses me or others of bricking peoples hardware.

no please Ken, do not take this as an accusation, I make it clear that I do not know if that is the reason, I know you have knowledge of what you are talking about, I only let others know what autel china told me, on Friday the firmware 2,1.77 for the standard remote disappeared, today they re-uploaded it, a colleague thinking that they would have already solved the problem has installed the firmware this morning and the remote has been briked. So I have more confused colleagues and they don't know what to do. They need to upgrade because they have to use the added features for rtk but they don't want to run out of equipment for a few weeks while they repair their remotes.

no please Ken, do not take this as an accusation, I make it clear that I do not know if that is the reason, I know you have knowledge of what you are talking about, I only let others know what autel china told me, on Friday the firmware 2,1.77 for the standard remote disappeared, today they re-uploaded it, a colleague thinking that they would have already solved the problem has installed the firmware this morning and the remote has been briked. So I have more confused colleagues and they don't know what to do. They need to upgrade because they have to use the added features for rtk but they don't want to run out of equipment for a few weeks while they repair their remotes.
I already explained this to you that this was not the cause of the bricks that we have been seeing. But now 5 days later you are still trying post this.

What your post does now, create a hyperbole issue that doesn’t exist. What is causing the bricks is an older boot loader version. Unfortunately there’s no way for end users to know this until you try to load the firmware. We have internal tools to read versions but at that point RC would have to be sent in anyways.

So let’s keep any post related to bricks as facts only. If you don’t understand how the firmware process happens in the background then I probably wouldn’t be making post like the above. It only makes a bad problem worse!

I already explained this to you that this was not the cause of the bricks that we have been seeing. But now 5 days later you are still trying post this.

What your post does now, create a hyperbole issue that doesn’t exist. What is causing the bricks is an older boot loader version. Unfortunately there’s no way for end users to know this until you try to load the firmware. We have internal tools to read versions but at that point RC would have to be sent in anyways.

So let’s keep any post related to bricks as facts only. If you don’t understand how the firmware process happens in the background then I probably wouldn’t be making post like the above. It only makes a bad problem worse!
ok so can we upgrade to firmware 2.1.77 without problems?

ok so can we upgrade to firmware 2.1.77 without problems?
As I just tried to explain, very small user base will see bricks. They will see bricks no matter what newer version is updated. If the brick happens they will have to send RC in, it will be covered under warranty. Unfortunately there no way around this.

My standard RC updated just fine, the only problem I saw was the hang at the Autel screen. if this happens let the RC sit at the autel loading screen for 5mins and then reboot the RC. If the RC fails to reboot its bricked and will Need to be sent in for repair.

what happened to you, is exactly what happened to me, it reached 99%, it restarted and stayed on the autel screen waiting with the power led flashing, I left it like that for 5 minutes and after seeing that there was no changes, I rebooted remote and aircraft and everything worked correctly, I recorded it with my phone just in case. In the case of my friend's bricked rtk v2 remote, it stays on the autel home screen, but the power button led does not blink, I say this in case it helps you, I also have it on video. I hope the next ones already work via ota
As I just tried to explain, very small user base will see bricks. They will see bricks no matter what newer version is updated. If the brick happens they will have to send RC in, it will be covered under warranty. Unfortunately there no way around this.

My standard RC updated just fine, the only problem I saw was the hang at the Autel screen. if this happens let the RC sit at the autel loading screen for 5mins and then reboot the RC. If the RC fails to reboot its bricked and will Need to be sent in for repair.

what happened to you, is exactly what happened to me, it reached 99%, it restarted and stayed on the autel screen waiting with the power led flashing, I left it like that for 5 minutes and after seeing that there was no changes, I rebooted remote and aircraft and everything worked correctly, I recorded it with my phone just in case. In the case of my friend's bricked rtk v2 remote, it stays on the autel home screen, but the power button led does not blink, I say this in case it helps you, I also have it on video. I hope the next ones already work via ota
Unfortunately he will need to send in the RC for repair. I’ve seen this happen to 6 units now. When I spoke to QA they told me about the bootloader issue

Unfortunately he will need to send in the RC for repair. I’ve seen this happen to 6 units now. When I spoke to QA they told me about the bootloader issue
ok tomorrow I will tell you if there is another unit more ... another friend will update shortly. I will cross my fingers.

I edit the post, remote v2 updated to v 2.1.77 without problems.

Last edited:
Ken. For those with both controllers, Is the protocol to install the new FW using the Smart Controller specific update using the SC and when completed, then reboot, then install the standard controller specific version with the standard controller? Also, there is no specific FW for standard controller on the Enterprise page. Is the firmware now unified?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ken. For those with both controllers, Is the protocol to install the new FW using the Smart Controller specific update using the SC and when completed, then reboot, then install the standard controller specific version with the standard controller? Also, there is no specific FW for standard controller on the Enterprise page. Is the firmware now unified?

Thanks!
Hey Dave -

I have been updating with the SC first. Once that's complete, I bind the standard RC and then use the standard v2 rc firmware to load that.

Thats correct, the v2 firmware AIRCRAFT fw is now merged. Please note that the RC firmware will always be different. This very important for everyone to know and fallow this.
Standard RC naming convention: Model-C_WiMax8020_FW_Vx.x.xx.zip
Samrt RC naming convention: Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_Vx.x.xx.zip

Screenshot 2021-12-23 054720.png

I was checking the firmware of my Enterprise and it is the most recent (2.1.77)
but the Smart Controller is V.1.0.65, so how can I update just the Smart Controller to 1.0.67 ? I tried to download it from the SmartController with no successful

I was checking the firmware of my Enterprise and it is the most recent (2.1.77)
but the Smart Controller is V.1.0.65, so how can I update just the Smart Controller to 1.0.67 ? I tried to download it from the SmartController with no successful
You need to download the explorer app not the firmware. Firmware is updated when the craft is updated.

You need to download the explorer app not the firmware. Firmware is updated when the craft is updated.
Yes, I download it on my computer, but I can’t download it into the Smart Controller. On the SC I opened Chrome and then tried to download the 1.0.67 V2 Smart Controller Only (12/17/2021) but it won’t let me

Yes, I download it on my computer, but I can’t download it into the Smart Controller. On the SC I opened Chrome and then tried to download the 1.0.67 V2 Smart Controller Only (12/17/2021) but it won’t let me
Take a usb drive and copy the file on over to it. Then use it on the tablet and use the file explorer to navigate it external drive. Now click on the file and it should install.

Reactions: edgardcafe

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller