Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New 3RD Party EVO Charger In The Making

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Only info I have is from what he posted on facebook. He said he will keep everyone informed on the progress.

A fellow by the name Tong Tang Fai posted a 3rD party charger they are working on in the Autels Facebook Page. It is a charger with QC3.0 for charging remote , mobile phone and fully charging 4 batteries simultaneously in 40 minutes, besides, the top module is exchangerable for Mavic 2 battery as well.
Preproduction preparation is undergoing.

It is a 300watts charger, power > 4 evo chargers, the charging module for EVO, each drone batt. output is 13.05V 3.85A
Mavic 2 module has each batt. output in 17.6V, 3.85A, both modules comply the spec of the origin batts.

His academic is Msc in manufacturing, but he is not the designer, his partner team has 3 electronic engineers, they are BA degree in electronics and microcomputer, they have over 21 years working experience in PSU.
This charger is not charging the battery in fast mode, each deliver almost the same output as the origin charger. They bought 9 evo batts, the average power when they came in freshly were average 40%, so the charging time was pretty close to the calculation.
4300mAh*(1-0.4)/3850mA*60min = 40.2min
Of course, if the battery is drained lower than 40%, the charging time will be longer.
In the time being, all the figures base on testing and calculation, but are pretty close to each other, the finally spec will be fixed, once the 200 units pilot run is completed.

The design of the charging module is different from Autels, they have the charging display, the body has slanted sides and for safety reasons, they put a connector cover to protect the module from shot circuit.

Could I say, "NICE".......of course when I replied with "NICE" there were a very little information about the Charger. After learning more about it and researching the charger in more depth, I have to say it's a SURE winner. It's no surprise to me being an 2nd careered electronic engineer, 1st in Law Enforcement. That being said, using the Mavic 2 in my 1st career and trying to incorporate the Autel EVO 1 and 2 into the LE field this charger would be a definite addition and would be 100% functional 100% welcomed.....Thanks for introducing this charger.

Last edited:
I am happy to announce that the 3rd party charger is now a finished product and in production. They have reached out to me to let me know of their progress. Where they stand right now is looking for North American dealers to sell their product as sales from over seas would increase the cost. Still in the very early stage of getting these things to market with just a temporary web page. I will update with further details when I have them. Here is their temp web site.

Ucb9c2125716143bbb9b913446c9bd4deb.jpg

Box.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulf10

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesBird