Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just received my 3rd Party 6 in 1 Charging Platform and it's amazing

Ansia

Reaction score
Just received in the mail my multi-charger hub, made by Hillel-Lemuel Inventions. I had considered buying Autel's version, but the charging 1 battery at a time steered me off. I also considered doing the modifications to a Mavic Charger, but I am lazy and clumsy. Bad combination for modifying parts. @Hillel-Lemuel was kind enough to send me one, so I could test it out.

So, here it is!
IMG_20200313_100505.jpgIMG_20200313_104550.jpgIMG_20200313_104554.jpg

As you can see, there are 2 versions. You can either get it for the Autel Evo or DJI Mavic 2. I received the Evo version, but @Hillel-Lemuel was kind enough to send me the Mavic hub as well.
IMG_20200313_100608.jpg

When you open it, you will get an instruction manual, the base to the right, and the hub and cable to the left.

IMG_20200313_100535.jpg

To assemble it, it's quite easy. Just place the hub on top of the plastic base and use the screw at the bottom to screw it into place. Do not over tighten it, since it's the plastic doesn't feel tough enough and might crack. Then, simply connect the power cord and you are done.
IMG_20200313_100901.jpg
As soon as you plug it into the wall, you will get an LCD on the top of the hub displaying all for corners where you can plug a battery. Once you plug the batteries, it will give you the volt of each battery, while charging. A very useful system if you understand what all that mumbo jumbo means. I don't ?. It also has 2 USB ports, which will allow you to charge your controller and a cellphone, before flying.

My experience while charging was great. It took actually less time to charge all 3 batteries and the controller on the hub, that it does 1 battery and the controller with the original charger. 2 of my 3 batteries were at 75% and the controller was at 80% when I started charging. It took the hub 25 minutes to charge all 3 devices. While using the original charger, I would have to wait up to 40 minutes.

IMG_20200313_100716.jpgIMG_20200313_100722.jpgIMG_20200313_100729.jpgIMG_20200313_104326.jpg

Upon inspecting the charger, you will notice that the base has a huge fan with the exhaust in the back and vents on either side for air intake. You will need this, since it has a 340 watts power supply.

Pros: Charges batteries faster than OEM charger, Contains 2 USB to charge your controller and any other usb device, The integrated fan helps keep the system cooled, The colorful LED Display will help you know how much charge the battery has (unlike the small led lights, which give you an aproximation).

Cons: The plastic feels fragile. When you place the battery, you don't get a feeling that it's well placed.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with the Charging Platform and I highly recommend it.

The 6 in 1 charging platform retails for $120 at Alibaba and I also found the Mavic 2 version over at Drone Nerds. Yes, it's $30 more expensive than the official Autel Charging Hub, but I will tell you, for the ability to charge everything for the fraction of what it would take to charge 1 by 1, it's well worth it.

Now all I need is a friend with a Mavic 2, so I can test that side of the Platform.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, either here or via Private Message.

Last edited:
Just received in the mail my multi-charger hub, made by Hillel-Lemuel Inventions. I had considered buying Autel's version, but the charging 1 battery at a time steered me off. I also considered doing the modifications to a Mavic Charger, but I am lazy and clumsy. Bad combination for modifying parts. @Hillel-Lemuel was kind enough to send me one, so I could test it out.

So, here it is!
View attachment 6465View attachment 6466View attachment 6467

As you can see, there are 2 versions. You can either get it for the Autel Evo or DJI Mavic 2. I received the Evo version, but @Hillel-Lemuel was kind enough to send me the Mavic hub as well.
View attachment 6468

When you open it, you will get an instruction manual, the base to the right, and the hub and cable to the left.

View attachment 6475

To assemble it, it's quite easy. Just place the hub on top of the plastic base and use the screw at the bottom to screw it into place. Do not over tighten it, since it's the plastic doesn't feel tough enough and might crack. Then, simply connect the power cord and you are done.
View attachment 6474
As soon as you plug it into the wall, you will get an LCD on the top of the hub displaying all for corners where you can plug a battery. Once you plug the batteries, it will give you the volt of each battery, while charging. A very useful system if you understand what all that mumbo jumbo means. I don't ?. It also has 2 USB ports, which will allow you to charge your controller and a cellphone, before flying.

My experience while charging was great. It took actually less time to charge all 3 batteries and the controller on the hub, that it does 1 battery and the controller with the original charger. 2 of my 3 batteries were at 75% and the controller was at 80% when I started charging. It took the hub 25 minutes to charge all 3 devices. While using the original charger, I would have to wait up to 40 minutes.

View attachment 6469View attachment 6470View attachment 6471View attachment 6477

Upon inspecting the charger, you will notice that the base has a huge fan with the exhaust in the back and vents on either side for air intake. You will need this, since it has a 340 watts power supply.

Pros: Charges batteries faster than OEM charger, Contains 2 USB to charge your controller and any other usb device, The integrated fan helps keep the system cooled, The colorful LED Display will help you know how much charge the battery has (unlike the small led lights, which give you an aproximation).

Cons: The plastic feels fragile. When you place the battery, you don't get a feeling that it's well placed.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with the Charging Platform and I highly recommend it.

The 6 in 1 charging platform retails for $120 at Alibaba and I also found the Mavic 2 version over at Drone Nerds. Yes, it's $30 more expensive than the official Autel Charging Hub, but I will tell you, for the ability to charge everything for the fraction of what it would take to charge 1 by 1, it's well worth it.

Now all I need is a friend with a Mavic 2, so I can test that side of the Platform.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, either here or via Private Message.

Does it offer charging to storage level?
Does it offer discharging?

Does it offer charging to storage level?
Does it offer discharging?
1. If you know the voltage for storage level, then you can do it, but it does not do it by itself.

2. It does not offer discharging.

What I usually do, is fly my batteries down to 40-45%, before exchanging batteries. That way, if I don't use my Evo for a long period of time, it's already in storage charge.

Get 12 people in your area and do a group buy. $70 each. Problem would be getting 12 people together.

1. If you know the voltage for storage level, then you can do it, but it does not do it by itself.

What I usually do, is fly my batteries down to 40-45%, before exchanging batteries. That way, if I don't use my Evo for a long period of time, it's already in storage charge.

Well hopefully, one with those features will be produced. It has taken a year and half to get one for the M2s

Thanks for your introduction and review!

The modules can support turning the battery as a power bank to charge devices through the QC3.0 USB on the power supply body, you just need to turn on 1 or up to 4 batteries attached on the module. For Mavic 2, by checking the display when the voltage down to 16.2V it is around 40-60% power left; while module for Autel EVO, the voltage should be 12.1V to reach 40-60% power left.
I will check the market feedback to see if we need to equip the auto-discharge on our next products, since we need a more ROM MCU need for program to control the discharging, hence, high cost.

BTW, we are working on charging module for EVO II now, hope that to get a functioning prototype by mid of June this year.

Have a nice weekend!

Reactions: Ansia

The modules can support turning the battery as a power bank to charge devices through the QC3.0 USB on the power supply body, you just need to turn on 1 or up to 4 batteries attached on the module. For Mavic 2, by checking the display when the voltage down to 16.2V it is around 40-60% power left; while module for Autel EVO, the voltage should be 12.1V to reach 40-60% power left.
I will check the market feedback to see if we need to equip the auto-discharge on our next products, since we need a more ROM MCU need for program to control the discharging, hence, high cost.

BTW, we are working on charging module for EVO II now, hope that to get a functioning prototype by mid of June this year.

Have a nice weekend!
Thank you for the information. It is really helpful. Glad the module can be used as a battery. This way I can cycle my batteries, without spending hours for the drone to deplete them.

Have a nice weekend!
I’m loving this charger! The ability to charge all three batteries in under an hour and get back out to the Spring flight weather has been wonderful. The transaction was super easy, received it in 4 days. Well done Hillel!
3D081C8F-F9C7-4059-B6E7-F90CF2CDBF42.jpeg

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller