Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ND Freewell vs PolarPro

RobyRoad

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on the PolarPro vs Freewell nd filters? Anyone tried both? I seem to have trouble finding anyone online that directly compared quality and function, just price.

I have a PolarPro set on my 3DR Solo and they've done a great job. Just wondering if the Freewells are a better quality or if I should stick with PolarPro.

I also looked into this and found on this forum that the gimbal cover doesn't quite fit over the Freewells (you have to cut a small opening on the gimbal cover) but the PolarPro ones do fit.

I also looked into this and found on this forum that the gimbal cover doesn't quite fit over the Freewells (you have to cut a small opening on the gimbal cover) but the PolarPro ones do fit.
Thanks. I seem to have found conflicting info online for this. Some said Freewell non polarized nd's fit fine but other said the opposite. I ordered the standard day Freewell set. If they don't fit under, I may send back and order PolarPro.

Thanks. I seem to have found conflicting info online for this. Some said Freewell non polarized nd's fit fine but other said the opposite. I ordered the standard day Freewell set. If they don't fit under, I may send back and order PolarPro.
I purchased the Freewell All Day 8 pack for my EVO and I can confirm the lens cover protector will not fit over the ND filters with the adjustable polarizer without some modification. The protector works with the standard ND filters. I use the ND16 filter 80 percent of the time so I just keep that on the drone. I did use Polar Pro ND filters on my X-Stars and I find the quality about the same between Freewell Polar Pro.

Reactions: DadCorso80
I used my new Polar Pros today for some video footage and don't know why I waited so long to get filters. The fit and quality are nice and as mentioned already, leaving them on with the gimbal protector is a big plus for me.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials