Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My Adobe Raw Lens Correction Profile for EVO II 6K Pro

xecode

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was tired of the fact that there was no Lens correction profile in Adobe Raw for the Evo II Pro's camera. So I used the Adobe Lens Profile Creator tool to make one. I want to provide that here for anyone else who might want it. I prefer to shoot in raw, and the JPEG's taken in camera on the drone already apply some sort of geometric/optical correction, but I prefer to do all my post-production via RAW processing.

If you drop this in the right folder it will show up in the list of cameras for lens profile corrections when processing raw DNG files in either Lightroom or Photoshop.

I can't speak to Windows, but on MAC the folder you would put this in if you have Lightroom or Photoshop is:

/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/

Then you will be able to select Autel Robotics from the Drop down list when in cameraRaw or lightroom as shown in the attached screenshots.

You can see the effect of the correction on the raw photo. There are 2 screenshots from Photoshop, one where correction is disabled, note the curvature of the black stripe at the bottom of the photo (my home theater projector screen), then in the photoshop screen shot with correction turned on using the profile I created, you can see the curvature is corrected and it is straight as it should be.

Attachments

• Evo II Pro 6K.lcp.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 303
  • lightroom.png
    lightroom.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 143
  • Photoshop_no_correction.png
    Photoshop_no_correction.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 141
  • Photoshop_with_correction.png
    Photoshop_with_correction.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 137
I use since i own the drone, the inspire x7 profile and works great.

Wow! Crazy timing on my seeing this; I just installed lightroom earlier today and went out this evening and shot some RAW images with my E2P. Can't wait to get home and try this, thanks much!!

As i wrote, use the profile of the inspire and it works with accuracy of 90%..

Not sure what you mean by that? Darktable doesn't recognize the lens, do I have to manually apply a lens correction.

ah i miss what you wrote. Darktable has not the profile. Use camera raw ?

Hi all,

I was tired of the fact that there was no Lens correction profile in Adobe Raw for the Evo II Pro's camera. So I used the Adobe Lens Profile Creator tool to make one. I want to provide that here for anyone else who might want it. I prefer to shoot in raw, and the JPEG's taken in camera on the drone already apply some sort of geometric/optical correction, but I prefer to do all my post-production via RAW processing.

If you drop this in the right folder it will show up in the list of cameras for lens profile corrections when processing raw DNG files in either Lightroom or Photoshop.

I can't speak to Windows, but on MAC the folder you would put this in if you have Lightroom or Photoshop is:

/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/

Then you will be able to select Autel Robotics from the Drop down list when in cameraRaw or lightroom as shown in the attached screenshots.

You can see the effect of the correction on the raw photo. There are 2 screenshots from Photoshop, one where correction is disabled, note the curvature of the black stripe at the bottom of the photo (my home theater projector screen), then in the photoshop screen shot with correction turned on using the profile I created, you can see the curvature is corrected and it is straight as it should be.
Thanks for posting and for your time to do this.
I was looking for the profile creator, but came up empty.

Where did you get it? I have a tilt/shift lens that I'd like to profile.

Thanks for posting and for your time to do this.
I was looking for the profile creator, but came up empty.

Where did you get it? I have a tilt/shift lens that I'd like to profile.

You do not need to use a lens profile to perform geometric corrections to unsupported lenses all you need to do is use the manual lens correction tools in Lightroom then save them as a preset. I typically create my own lens presets for drone cameras because I have noticed that Adobe's lens profiles typically don't fully fix the barrel distortion that is caused by the drone's wide angle lenses especially if you tilt the camera downwards.

You can read more about how to do this in Lightroom here: How to retouch photos in Lightroom Classic

Hi all,

Thanks for the effort, I use Darktable which is a free sourced program. I have the same issue with my Evo 2 Pro with a lens correction, I use a generic lens correction, but it is far from perfect. Darktable doesn't use the .lcp extension for its lens correction files. If you know of any Darktable users that have done the same as you have, please pass it along. Thanks.

Thanks for the effort, I use Darktable which is a free sourced program. I have the same issue with my Evo 2 Pro with a lens correction, I use a generic lens correction, but it is far from perfect. Darktable doesn't use the .lcp extension for its lens correction files. If you know of any Darktable users that have done the same as you have, please pass it along. Thanks.
I think you can download adobe bridge and use the camera raw plugin with it. adobe bridge

Reactions: MikeReidPhotography
Worked like a charm in Windows 10. The full path to insert the EVO profile folder is below.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles

Last edited:
Salut tout le monde,

J'étais fatigué du fait qu'il n'y avait pas de profil de correction d'objectif dans Adobe Raw pour l'appareil photo de l'Evo II Pro. J'ai donc utilisé l'outil Adobe Lens Profile Creator pour en créer un. Je veux le fournir ici à quiconque le souhaiterait. Je préfère filmer en brut, et les JPEG pris à huis clos sur le drone appliquent déjà une sorte de correction géométrique / optique, mais je préfère faire toute ma post-production via le traitement RAW.

Si vous le déposez dans le bon dossier, il apparaîtra dans la liste des caméras pour les corrections de profil d'objectif lors du traitement de fichiers DNG bruts dans Lightroom ou Photoshop.

Je ne peux pas parler à Windows, mais sur MAC, le dossier dans lequel vous mettriez ceci si vous avez Lightroom ou Photoshop est:

/ Users / YOUR_USER_NAME / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles / 1.0 /

Ensuite, vous pourrez sélectionner Autel Robotics dans la liste déroulante lorsque vous êtes dans cameraRaw ou Lightroom, comme indiqué dans les captures d'écran ci-jointes.

Vous pouvez voir l'effet de la correction sur la photo brute. Il y a 2 captures d'écran de Photoshop, une où la correction est désactivée, notez la courbure de la bande noire en bas de la photo (mon écran de projecteur home cinéma), puis dans la capture d'écran Photoshop avec correction activée à l'aide du profil que j'ai créé, vous pouvez voir que la courbure est corrigée et qu'elle est droite comme il se doit.
Good evening and thank you can you tell me in which path on windows 10 pro to install your file? Thank you for your help

Am I the only one who can not get this to show up in Lightroom? Running in Windows 10, but I have put it in the corresponding folder, either directly or in an Autel folder. Never shows up. However, one thing I don't understand though. All the built-in profiles are listed in the index.dat database. I assume if this profile isn't there, it will never show. So how do I update the index file? Don't really want to edit it manually and wreck something or lose it every update...

Am I the only one who can not get this to show up in Lightroom? Running in Windows 10, but I have put it in the corresponding folder, either directly or in an Autel folder. Never shows up. However, one thing I don't understand though. All the built-in profiles are listed in the index.dat database. I assume if this profile isn't there, it will never show. So how do I update the index file? Don't really want to edit it manually and wreck something or lose it every update...
I had issues in the beginning, here is the full path for my system. Make sure you're using RAW files

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 40
Worked like a charm in Windows 10. The full path to insert the EVO profile folder is below.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles
Wow, thanks for the file location. It's weird that there are profiles for nearly every prosumer drone manufacturer (even Yuneec) except Autel. But Why?

Last edited:
Reactions: AnCoats
Hi all,

Cool! Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm