Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission - how to recording smoothly in each waypoint

JANGER

Reaction score
Hi,

Why the drone slow down its flying noticable, in every Mission waypoint?
Both in timelapse recording and video, with only one POI set and directed from all waypoints.

How to delete such slowing ? And record an entire video of mission more smoothly.

We can't, it's specific to this flight platform which depends on the PX4 module. (moreover like the Yunnec H520 which also shares this). No gradual ascent or descent, and slowing down at each waypoint to prepare for the transition to the next.

• Angry
Reactions: JANGER
That's true pity.

We can't, it's specific to this flight platform which depends on the PX4 module. (moreover like the Yunnec H520 which also shares this). No gradual ascent or descent, and slowing down at each waypoint to prepare for the transition to the next.

Yes I am screwed with the Evo 1 which does the same thing. Disappointment on this point for the missions.
For five years, I had done the funniest flight missions with an Inspire 1, I was hoping it was going to be the same with the Evo 1. Well no.
Reading the posts on the Evo 2, I quickly realized that the latter was doing exactly the same thing as his little brother. Stop at each point for change of direction or altitude so no smooth transition and tracking during the ride.
It is for this, that in the month of May instead of launching myself on the purchase of an Evo 2, I opted for the purchase of a safer value, a Mavic 2 pro, seasoned and to even do the same fun missions as the Inspire and what he's been doing ever since.

Reactions: Orv
If you can return the EVO and don't wait for a firmware update to add that feature because it won't happen. I have the EVO 1 and it's a very poor cinematic bird. I"d look at the M2A which constantly gets practical firmware updates unlike EVO.

Reactions: Orv and parkgt
Is there a 3-d party software for smooth waypoints? I've heard even Mavic Min can be, or will be in the nearest feature, flown through waypoints. I'm interested because connection sometimes is not that good, and EVO II doesn't stop when connection is lost(?)

Learn how to fly is the best way to great footage

I'm actively flying FPV in the woods with smaller quads. So, flying skills in general aren't a problem.

Need to spend more time with EVO. The problem here is the "unusual" behavior and response lag. Mavic Mini is much easier to fly because it's responsive and predictable. EVO takes some time to think after stick input, then it moves depending on its own ideas and interests. Probably OA plays a role here. BTW, OA is impressively good sometimes ;).

What's OA?

I'm actively flying FPV in the woods with smaller quads. So, flying skills in general aren't a problem.

Need to spend more time with EVO. The problem here is the "unusual" behavior and response lag. Mavic Mini is much easier to fly because it's responsive and predictable. EVO takes some time to think after stick input, then it moves depending on its own ideas and interests. Probably OA plays a role here. BTW, OA is impressively good sometimes ;).

I do not think that OA (whatever) adds something to unstable flight by points. This is software bug. Mostly I fly with OA turned off. Why should I turn it off every battery changed?

I do not think that OA (whatever) adds something to unstable flight by points. This is software bug. Mostly I fly with OA turned off. Why should I turn it off every battery changed?
Hmm... my guess because it's not saved. Did this help? ;)

It's not a bug, it's just safe mode by default. Every time you turn it off you are supposed to have a good reason and understand the consequences.

I do not understand. Why does this drone can not fly smoothly gently in one continuous speed, by all waypoints?
It is not a matter of safe. It is a matter of software algorithm.

Someone said because he need some time to calculate next part of path.
Nonsense. A whole path is calculated at the beginning when all waypoints were uploaded to the drone.

For me, it is software bug.

Hmm... my guess because it's not saved. Did this help? ;)

It's not a bug, it's just safe mode by default. Every time you turn it off you are supposed to have a good reason and understand the consequences.

It is absolutely not a software bug. This is the normal process for this type of PX4 ECU based platform. And that's not the only downside to theft, there are others that are less subtle.The Yuneec H520 and later have the same symptom to the despair of pilots who had the H before.
Autel couldn't copy Dji's drones and at the same time their flight system, anyway! ...:oops:

As claudius62 stated this is common with other manufactures. Another one that does this is the Parrot Anafi. For some reason the Parrot Bebop does not. It is very smooth between waypoints. I'm guessing they used a different flight control board in the newer Anafi but it lost a very important function in the flight plan missions.

As claudius62 stated this is common with other manufactures. Another one that does this is the Parrot Anafi. For some reason the Parrot Bebop does not. It is very smooth between waypoints. I'm guessing they used a different flight control board in the newer Anafi but it lost a very important function in the flight plan missions.

Is EVO controllable through their SDK? If yes, then a lot of things become possible. Is SDK available, did anyone look at it?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo