Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint mission "pause" at each point

webvince

Reaction score
Hi all, I tried several waypoints missions with my EVOIIPRO6K. Each time, the drone stopped at each waypoint to turn to the next direction before continuing the mission !
Is there no way to tell the drone turning to the next waypoint as it's flying allways at the same speed ???

Is there no way to tell the drone turning to the next waypoint as it's flying allways at the same speed ???
not while missions are in progress. sucks but that's the way it is. i have found the length of each pause varies and there are methods you can use to minimize but you cannot eliminate it while running a mission afaik.

Autel is aware of the problem. No timeline for when (or if) it will be addressed....unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: gschulzuio
not while missions are in progress. sucks but that's the way it is. i have found the length of each pause varies and there are methods you can use to minimize but you cannot eliminate it while running a mission afaik.

This is an insane quirk that has driven me mad for a year and half. I use my EVO 2 Pro for mapping and I figure I lose about 5+ minutes of flight time for each flight as the drone twirls in place at the end of each flight line. I have given up that Autel will ever address this issue.

Reactions: gaw5050
He can't do anything. This is due to its flight platform and its PX4 flight module.
The only way to change this is to change the Flight module with the DJI module, but that's not for tomorrow ............

No turning roads between points like the Dji modules. Neither Evo 1 nor Evo 2 will be able to do this. impossible to program like Litchi does on DJI drones.

Its flight functions and flight behavior typical of Pixhawk modules.
Another identical case is the H520 which has exactly the same flight mode as the Evos.

Hi all, I tried several waypoints missions with my EVOIIPRO6K. Each time, the drone stopped at each waypoint to turn to the next direction before continuing the mission !
On your waypoints are you using fly over or hover? Also are you doing any waypoint actions? Compared to using litchi or dronedeploy the pauses can be annoying. However for me whats more annoying is keeping in perspective with Autel vs. say litchi is for example will aircraft change alt at waypoint, or before/after, similar with changing poi. Whats also ironic is for waypoint action, there is no pause, stay for x seconds like with litchi (e.g. you want aircraft/camera to just stay there for a couple of seconds) before moving to next waypoint, meanwhile the aircraft has a variable pause at each waypoint. For mapping, have found the short pause at end/begin of each line to add a few seconds per line vs say DD, however also able to complete a mission on one battery with autel vs DD and say DJI P4P with similar cameras.

This glitch is what's held me back from buying an EVO II. I use waypoints often and want a nice, smooth, cinematic shot. Not a herky-jerky shot. If it weren't for this PROBLEM, I'd have one less DJI drone, and two more Autel drones. Alas, I have to keep a DJI in the stable for this issue.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58