Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission - how to recording smoothly in each waypoint

I do not understand. Why does this drone can not fly smoothly gently in one continuous speed, by all waypoints?
It is not a matter of safe. It is a matter of software algorithm.

Someone said because he need some time to calculate next part of path.
Nonsense. A whole path is calculated at the beginning when all waypoints were uploaded to the drone.

For me, it is software bug.

It's more like not implemented feature, not a bug really. Bug is something implemented and not working. Probably they use third-party software, and definitely they didn't invest much time. If they can fly it through the points with stop, it's possible to do it smoothly. Math is not that complex, and there is a very powerful computer onboard. I could probably do it if I can access sensors and controls. Hope they will make it before they launch the next model...

The SDK will not bring new functions to the drone, otherwise Autel would have already used it.
The SDK is used to interpret commands, not to bring new ones. The flight control card has what it has, no more.
A concrete example, Dji has in its flight controls the transitions between waypoints without stopping and turns between waypoints.
Litchi used it to do his flying missons using Dji's SDK. And since Dji uses the same flight controller on all of its models, it's easy to create the multi-purpose software for all Dji drones.
And existential question, why Litchi is not interested in doing something with the Autel SDK, the answer I received is that the model is too segmented and will not provide the expected functionality of what it can. do currently.

To answer the question: "is it controllable via its SDK".
Yes, for the functions it has in its controller, no more.

I've just looked into their SKD sample. There is a lot for status checks, messages like on_something_succeeded/failed. Didn't find anything for direct flight control like turn left/right, set direction/speed. However it's possible to create missions and waypoints with some cryptic parameters, and then fly them. Can be used to take pictures for mapping, but not for cinematic videos.

So the answer is it's impossible to fly missions smoothly using just Autel SDK. There is not enough functionality in there. As far as I can tell.

Here is a recent email that I submitted to Autel in an attempt to receive clarification of the Waypoint problems with EVO 1. Prior to this email I had made other attempts , including phone calls. to request a fix and it seems like myself as well as other have been just ignored. According to the reply, Autel is composing a list or sorts to see if it really requires their attention rather than addressing the problem. I am now seriously considering returning to DJI as they have much better customer service when it comes to updating firmware.

On Tue, 22 Sep at 5:41 PM , Orville Harris wrote:
I have received several conflicting reports regarding Firmware Updated pertaining to the EVO 1. There are several issues with the drone that requires fixing; one being the WAYPOINT MISSIONS which were changed after the new Explorer release. Waypoints can only be managed while the drone is in the air and this was not the way it was first when this great drone became available. Please advise when we can expect such hardware update that will once again return this feature back the way it used to be. The waypoint feature is so much better on the EVO 2 and there is no reason why it had to be reduced on the earlier model. I will not be upgrading and spending my hard earned money on the EVO 2 when I should be enjoying my EVO1.

Hello Orville

Thank you for contacting Autel Customer Support.

To ensure we are on the same page, you are saying you have to launch the drone prior to setting up waypoints in the intelligent flight mode correct? This is something that has been brought to our attention and I have sent the information off to the engineering department. Im happy to add your name to that list to hopefully have this resolved quickly. Thank you for bringing this to out attention.

Best,

Brady R. | Commercial Support Agent

And unfortunately, sorry to disappoint you, but your request will end there, Because for Evo 1, the updates are finished now, I am afraid. Now it's time for the Evo 2.
History repeats itself as the X-star Abandonment in favor of the Evo 1.
If you want to regain the functionality of the preparation of the mission on the ground without turning on the Evo1, you must return to the version of Explorer for the Evo 1 only V1.0.1.45 with Firmware 1.5.8. What I did and I can prepare the ground missions.

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials