Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mapping Speed Limits based on AGL

ZikChil

Reaction score
Hello All - new owner of an V3 RTK 640T with the "RCPAD" and pretty happy with it until I encountered an apparent speed (safety?) limitation trying to fly a polygon mission at 65' AGL and it will not let me set it faster than 2mph (speed slider will not set above 2). This tells me it's not an OA issue but a flight mode limitation. I've checked the usual novice related settings that default with newly unboxed UAS, don't see anything popping out at me. Anyone have any info on this and possibly a way to override it? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it makes arbitrary speed range selector limitations for missions based on altitude. I'm sure someone at Autel thought it was a good idea. You would need to fly slower at lower altitudes to prevent motion blur and such. But as usual with Autel, someone who doesn't use it wrote the program and had clue what they're doing. There is no way to bypass that stupid limit.

Yes, it makes arbitrary speed range selector limitations for missions based on altitude. I'm sure someone at Autel thought it was a good idea. You would need to fly slower at lower altitudes to prevent motion blur and such. But as usual with Autel, someone who doesn't use it wrote the program and had clue what they're doing. There is no way to bypass that stupid limit.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Back to my DJI equipment and Litchi. =/

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Back to my DJI equipment and Litchi. =/
May be based on the camera shutter for this drone. It is a rolling shutter rather than a global shutter. When taking a lot of pics in a short time period, high speed and low altitude will cause pic distortion. Be interesting to know if the same parameters are restricted for the 6k camera on the v3 PRO version. Have you tried a slightly higher altitude? I have a poly mission set at 112 ft and a speed of 15mph.

Reactions: Limewood

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34