Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Many Retailers no longer carrying V1 Remote Controls

Reaction score
It's come to my attention that many retailers no longer carry the V1 versions of the Autel EVO 2 V1 REMOTE. If they do, their stock is running out and Autel is unable to supply them with more V1 Remotes. This news come from a retailer selling EVO2 Remotes. Soon they will only be carrying V2 Remotes. SO, IF YOU ARE A V1 EVO2 OWNER, you should definitely think about finding and buying a V1 remote to have as a backup. In the future, you may not be able to find any new V1 remotes. It's best you get one ASAP if anything happens to your old one.

It's come to my attention that many retailers no longer carry the V1 versions of the Autel EVO 2 V1 REMOTE. If they do, their stock is running out and Autel is unable to supply them with more V1 Remotes. This news come from a retailer selling EVO2 Remotes. Soon they will only be carrying V2 Remotes. SO, IF YOU ARE A V1 EVO2 OWNER, you should definitely think about finding and buying a V1 remote to have as a backup. In the future, you may not be able to find any new V1 remotes. It's best you get one ASAP if anything happens to your old one.
Are you sure the V1 RC is not compatible with V2 EVO II?

Hi Interficiam, besides having a spare remote controller for the V1 EVO ll Pro, it makes sense to also consider getting the Live Deck for the V1. eBay occasionally has them for ~$330. While everyone that got the V1 smart controller is doing a happy dance, there is already a video suggesting that the stock controller has better connectivity than the Smart Controller, see:

Regards,
Richard

Assuming you are referring to V1 Standard Remote Controllers (not Smart Controllers) we would still have plenty of those. Feel free to email our office at [email protected] if you need to purchase one.
Funny, I just Bought a V1 remote from you guys, Advexure. Thanks for the great service. You're right. I only talked to a couple of smaller retailers that don't have any stock left.

From what I read in the "Announcement Mega Thread" Autel customer support stated the only V2 accessories that would not be compatible with v1 aircraft would be the live deck, and the smart controller.

The post I'm referring to was made back on June 9th.

I wouldn't expect a v1 standard remote to work with a V2 aircraft. But based on that post I would expect a V2 standard remote to work with a v1 aircraft.

If anyone else has reached out directly to Autel support and heard different, please point it out.

Hi Interficiam, besides having a spare remote controller for the V1 EVO ll Pro, it makes sense to also consider getting the Live Deck for the V1. eBay occasionally has them for ~$330. While everyone that got the V1 smart controller is doing a happy dance, there is already a video suggesting that the stock controller has better connectivity than the Smart Controller, see:

Regards,
Richard
Certainly not my experience. It just shows that every environment has different results

From what I read in the "Announcement Mega Thread" Autel customer support stated the only V2 accessories that would not be compatible with v1 aircraft would be the live deck, and the smart controller.

The post I'm referring to was made back on June 9th.

I wouldn't expect a v1 standard remote to work with a V2 aircraft. But based on that post I would expect a V2 standard remote to work with a v1 aircraft.

If anyone else has reached out directly to Autel support and heard different, please point it out.
Read the first paragraph near the end. A QUOTE FROM THE CEO OF AUTEL ROBOTICS ,"Because of different chipsets used in the V2, the Version 1 aircraft will not work with Version 2 controllers and vice versa."

I'd still consider that vague, as he's directly speaking towards smart controllers and live decks.

Screenshot_20210810-191109.png
Theres a screenshot of the post I'm referencing. Seems like we've got conflicting information.

I linked an article to your thread to help convince the doubters of your statements. See post #11 and Post 15. Post 15 really states the incompatibility of the v1 remote with a v2 aircraft.

Last edited:
I'd still consider that vague, as he's directly speaking towards smart controllers and live decks.

View attachment 11279
Theres a screenshot of the post I'm referencing. Seems like we've got conflicting information.
See this link. The retailers including advexure are warning buyers not to buy V1 remote to fly a V2 aircraft. They are saying they are not compatible. See this link. It's definitely clear.

"EVO II Remote Controller (EVO II V1 Only)​

This Remote Controller is NOT compatible with the EVO II V2 aircraft"

Last edited:
This addresses the forward compatibility of the V1 standard controller. Which I fully believe will not work with a V2 aircraft just like your stating.

But it does not speak to a v2 standard controller working with a v1 aircraft.

I'll be submitting a ticket with Autel today asking this direct question. I'll follow up when I receive a reply.

See this link. The retailers including advexure are warning buyers not to buy V2 remote to fly a V2 aircraft. They are saying they are not compatible. See this link. It's definitely clear.

"EVO II Remote Controller (EVO II V1 Only)​

This Remote Controller is NOT compatible with the EVO II V2 aircraft"
Thanks, Quinn

This addresses the forward compatibility of the V1 standard controller. Which I fully believe will not work with a V2 aircraft just like your stating.

I'll be submitting a ticket with Autel today asking this direct question. I'll follow up when I receive a reply.
Thanks. WE need to know this stuff.

I read a detailed article about these new chips. It convinced me there is no cross compatibility backwad or forward. The chips are from a completely new manufacturer and will not recocgize one another. The V2 chip will not recognize a V1 chip and vice verse and a V2 chip will not recognize a V1 chip. It not about new versions or old versions. It's a manufacturering issue. The article said the chips come paired. All V2s can only be paired with V2s, And All V1s can only be paired with V1s. It's like Apple and Android. But i'll wait until Autel chimes in.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo