Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Making the XSP travel friendly

VictorWins

Reaction score
I travel a lot, and recently found myself hating life lugging around the XSP's luggage style case along with all my other stuff.

Retractable landing gear and taking off the camera (and storing it safely) for travel purposes could make life easier for travel. I'd love to be able to slip the whole unit into a regular backpack with minimalist padding for those times I'm on the go.

I've seen DJI has aftermarket retractable landing gear for their drone's and wondering if anyone has tried installing it on the XSP? I realize Autel has a new drone coming out in the near future with retractable landing gear, but I'm looking for a solution on the one I currently own. My main concern is traveling light(er), without having to sport a huge backpack like a high school freshman with no locker.

Thoughts? Photos? Opinions? Bueller? Bueller?

-Vic

Perhaps you bought the wrong drone and should have looked at other drones more to you liking. I would not want to cross dress manufacturers components to achieve, "This might work" idea.

Perhaps you bought the wrong drone and should have looked at other drones more to you liking. I would not want to cross dress manufacturers components to achieve, "This might work" idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the XSP and what it offers, but looking more in terms of suggestions for lighter travel options. I'm not a fan of the cross dress, both in drone and in life, but would be open to hear about solutions to make the XSP a bit more travel friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bonsy
Just completed my trip to Kauai with my X-Star. EXCELLENT footage...Thanks Autel. I purchased this bag which fits everything really well. Vanguard Up-Rise II 48. It travels very well. It has a spot for my laptop, my iPad, external HD, extra lenses and all three batteries and other needed accessories. You can reconfigure the velcro inserts too. The pack wears well and is the size of a regular backpack and doesn't scream "DRONE!" Very happy with it even though its a little pricey..hope the helps.IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425.jpgIMG_0426.jpgIMG_0427.jpgIMG_0428.jpgIMG_0429.jpgIMG_0430.jpg

Reactions: VictorWins
Just completed my trip to Kauai with my X-Star. EXCELLENT footage...Thanks Autel. I purchased this bag which fits everything really well. Vanguard Up-Rise II 48. It travels very well. It has a spot for my laptop, my iPad, external HD, extra lenses and all three batteries and other needed accessories. You can reconfigure the velcro inserts too. The pack wears well and is the size of a regular backpack and doesn't scream "DRONE!" Very happy with it even though its a little pricey..hope the helps.View attachment 219View attachment 220View attachment 221View attachment 222View attachment 223View attachment 224View attachment 225

Nice bag, I may just have to look into this one. I'll be moving to Hawaii this year (Oahu for business) and wouldn't mind doing a few hikes around with this bad boy.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials