Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost video while flying

bjm-maxx

Reaction score
I was about 300m away about 30 m up in a heavily treed area. I got a brief weak video strength warning so I spun around and headed back. All of a sudden, the app image went to black and white and froze. The controller seemed happy however and I was able to initiate a return to home which worked fine. I decided to see if I could recover the video link so I unplugged my phone and tried to switch the view onto the controller. Nothing worked. I landed, rebooted the EVO and everything was fine again. I am glad it did not lose control link. Any body have this happen? Is there a recovery method?

The reason this happened is because there was an obstruction between you and the drone, which weakened the signal. It has happened to me. You need more bandwith for video signal, than input signal. That is why you were able to initiate RTH. You should have recovered as soon as the drone was within reach of the signal, but sometimes it doesn't. Others have said the same.

I feel better knowing it is a known issue and not unique to mine. I just reviewed the footage and it is not clear but it looks like it kept recording until the RTH happened but halted at that point.

What happens if you turn off the controller? Does that trigger a RTH?

I feel better knowing it is a known issue and not unique to mine. I just reviewed the footage and it is not clear but it looks like it kept recording until the RTH happened but halted at that point.

What happens if you turn off the controller? Does that trigger a RTH?
Yes.

With my XSP (i've done this many times) i'll turn off the RC and put it on the ground just to show people how it will RTH.

I had my app go white-screen while flying close, no loss of control. I paused flight, killed the app, and restarted it. Control resumed, everything performed normally.

When the magic hiccups, confidence falters just a bit.

The reason this happened is because there was an obstruction between you and the drone, which weakened the signal. It has happened to me. You need more bandwith for video signal, than input signal. That is why you were able to initiate RTH. You should have recovered as soon as the drone was within reach of the signal, but sometimes it doesn't. Others have said the same.
There is a serious FPV bug whenever signal is lost, after RTH is auto-initiated, once the drone is back under RC control, showing telemetry, FPV video is not restored until within 500m. On multiple occasions, I have mysteriously lost signal while returning from a 3 mile away flight, and RTH is initiated, restoring signal, allowing RTH cancellation, but FPV is not restored until within 500m! Also, the remaining battery percentage in the flight log will get stuck at the value when signal was lost, during playback of the flight log. Both have been reported to Autel, but they just call it a "glitch" and have offered no explanation as to why either should be occurring. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ