Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New drone

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9417

My Autel drone treed itself. Was outside overnight, well, several nights, and got wet. Autel repair says would cost more to fix than to replace. They offered 30% off a new V3 and said that they would send me a code for an authorized dealer. That was last week. They have so far ghosted me. Unreliable customer service from Autel is nothing new to this group I know, but just curious if anyone else has had a similar situation, with the 15% or 30% off code and if so, how it worked out for you.

"How did it do that?" Only God knows, and she is silent. I had already experienced a low battery situation. In that first instance, I was able to override the Go Home feature and make it land at my feet. However, the second time I had a low battery, the system would NOT allow me to override the Go Home feature. The drone decided to go home via a 65' tree. It had a mind, as it were, of its own. V2 with obstacle avoidance. Not an excellent pilot here, but not a newbie either. First time-and the last for that machine.

I learned a LONG time ago to never ignore the low battery warning on an Autel drone

I did not IGNORE it. Not that i tis any business of yours, but soon as low battery was indicated I tried to override it. No dice. The process had worked fine about an hour before.

I did not IGNORE it. Not that i tis any business of yours, but soon as low battery was indicated I tried to override it. No dice. The process had worked fine about an hour before.
Listen, you don’t need to get an attitude! You plainly stated “In that first instance, I was able to override the Go Home feature and make it land at my feet. However, the second time I had a low battery, the system would NOT allow me to override the Go Home feature”. Over riding is the same as ignoring the warning!

Yea, when the battery gets low it will land where it's at.

Reactions: GFields
Yea, when the battery gets low it will land where it's at.
Well, that was not the case. The drone tried to go back to the launch point. totally ignoring my attempt to override the go home feature. I say AGAIN, the FIRST time I got a low battery indication, I was able to land it at my feet. Second time, it went where it wanted-back to the launch point. But at this point, no mas importante what caused it to be treed. It is shot and I am out more than a grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo