Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Litchi

WildDoktor

Reaction score
For grins, I emailed Litchi support and asked if they are developing their app for Autel now that the SDK has been released. Answer: "Sorry all our efforts are on DJI drones right now."

Then I asked if their app works with DIY platforms that run on DJI NAZA V2 hardware (I really want to build a DIY octocopter one day). Answer: "No, this platform is not supported by the DJI SDK."

Oh well...

I'm the guy behind UAV Toolbox - which provides mapping, telemetry analysis, online sharing and synchronised video and telemetry playback for Yuneec drones (UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16).

I subscribed to the Autel SDK announcements as I'm interested in whether my tools could also work with Autel's machines. So far I've heard nothing from them regarding availability of the SDK. Perhaps they're not reaching out for third party tools of this type either.

Reactions: Mr $panky
Thanks Tuna; I really like your work! I was *that* close to buying a Typhoon H w/real sense, but the Autel price spoke to me (actually yelled at me!) and the "You pass, we pay" program did as well. The promises from their "We've been working on a few things" video also made me think I'd made the right decision as well. *sigh*

Hopefully Autel will reach out to you (and others) soon!

Thanks,

The challenge for third parties is that DJI are an 800lb gorilla that is hard to ignore. The other communities are much smaller, which makes it hard to justify the investment in tools for those platforms. When we've had some high profile exits from the industry in the last year, I can fully understand Litchi sticking to what they feel is safe.

Of course DJI don't have a monopoly on great tech and exciting developments, so I feel it's foolish to ignore the possibilities that their competitors open up!

Reactions: Squirrel!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58