Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Litchi on Crystal Sky for Evo

Bill Dunnuck

Reaction score
I am using my Crystal Sky with my Evo ( and my Mavic Pro 1.) Has anyone used Litchi on their Crystal Sky when operating their Evo? Do you get maps which I can’t get now on Explorer App for Evo when using Crystal Sky? I have not used Litchi with my Mavic Pro 1. It’s new to me.
Bill Dunnuck

Litchi does not work for Autel EVO's only DJI.
Correct, Autel has never open their development app to third parties like DJI did. I hope they do it in the future, because we will see third parties making apps compatible with the Evo.

Correct, Autel has never open their development app to third parties like DJI did. I hope they do it in the future, because we will see third parties making apps compatible with the Evo.
Got it. Thank you.
Bill

So, are they now working with Litchi? I would have to get Android Litchi from Amazon for Crystal Sky. Don’t want to buy it if it won’t work, yet.
Bill
It won't work yet. Autel recently released the SDK, but I have yet to read about any company adopting the SDK into their platform.

It is so recent no one has had the time to do anything with it, I contacted Litchi before the release and they seemed very disinterested in the EVO.

When I talked to Litchi they said they have no interest in Autel as it is to small of a company to spend any R&D on it. Said that Autels sales were no were near enough to even consider them. They need to make back and make a profit to make it worth their while.
I know smaller developers that feel the same way and are just watching where the market is going so they get the biggest bang for their time. (R&D)

Well when your 5th on a list of top manufactures I don't think there is much interest in investing money in Autel.

Top Drone companies to watch out for in 2019
  • 1DJI. Indeed, they are the leader in the drone industry. ...
  • 2Kespry. With headquarter in San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, West Coast, Kespry was founded in 2013. ...
  • 3Parrot. ...
  • 4Yuneec. ...
  • 5Autel Robotics. ...
  • 6Pix4D. ...
  • 7Insitu. ...
  • 8Lockheed Martin Corporation.

In my opinion, I believe that only an Evo owner will step up to the plate and do an app, like Volate!lo did for the Tello. Existing ones will try to focus on the changing markets.

The person who wrote UAV toolbox for the Yuneec Typhoon H and knows his stuff wrote me back when I suggested he look into these new SDK's from Autel and Parrot. And he is not alone in his thinking. :)

"Thanks for thinking of me. At the moment I'm letting the drone industry decide where it wants to go before offering support for other platforms."

Reactions: Ansia
The person who wrote UAV toolbox for the Yuneec Typhoon H and knows his stuff wrote me back when I suggested he look into these new SDK's from Autel and Parrot. And he is not alone in his thinking. :)

"Thanks for thinking of me. At the moment I'm letting the drone industry decide where it wants to go before offering support for other platforms."
What about Pix4d? I read somewhere they were interested in Autel’s SDK. I read somewhere else they are owned by ?? Don’t quote me on any of that.

What about Pix4d? I read somewhere they were interested in Autel’s SDK. I read somewhere else they are owned by ?? Don’t quote me on any of that.
I just quoted you. What ya gonna do?!?! ?

• Haha
Pix4d is indeed owned by Parrot and yes they add new platforms all the time. So hopefully you might see some action on this side. When is the question LOL

Well when your 5th on a list of top manufactures I don't think there is much interest in investing money in Autel.

Top Drone companies to watch out for in 2019
  • 1DJI. Indeed, they are the leader in the drone industry. ...
  • 2Kespry. With headquarter in San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, West Coast, Kespry was founded in 2013. ...
  • 3Parrot. ...
  • 4Yuneec. ...
  • 5Autel Robotics. ...
  • 6Pix4D. ...
  • 7Insitu. ...
  • 8Lockheed Martin Corporation.
Then consider Litchi doesn't bother with Parrot or Yuneec, why would they even consider Autel. Can't really blame them if they can't turn a profit.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN