Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Light spot in the photo

Kolubo

Reaction score
I have light spots in the photos. The stain is also on the video. Appears in a situation where the drone has the sun at its back. That's not okay. What is this error and how to get rid of it? The drone is new and the error was there from the beginning. I suspect that the sun shines on the chip from the other side of the gimbal (camera) through the plastic cover.MAX_0041 12Mpix.JPG

Last edited:
It's lens flare, every drone has them to some extent. There's nothing wrong with your camera. You will even see it in professional drone footage from time to time,

This is not lens flare. The sun is not shining on the lens. The sun is behind the drone. The position of the sun is revealed by the shadows of the trees.

Re: RSands1
In the link you added, it is written that they are created when there is fog or cloud below you. It is light scattered by drops of water. So it's colorful. That doesn't apply to me. I don't have a cloud under me and the bright spot is not colored. The sun cannot reflect back to itself from the mowed field. I believe that if I were in the place of the drone, I would not see the bright spot and it is caused by a design error of the drone's camera.
I will try to hold the drone 2m above the ground so that a spot of light is formed in the video, and at the same time I will record a video from the same position with another camera whose recording will not have a spot of light.

I agree that the example I sent wasn't similar to your issue. I will say that I've seen, from sitting in an airplane, what you're showing. A more proper term for this is retro reflectivity. In any case, I hope you'll share your results, and I hope you find a solution!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan