Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bright pink coat turned to yellow?

Ezzelin

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got my first drone, an Evo Nano+! The first picture I took though showed some very strange colors. A bright pink jacket turned to yellow as it became overexposed. I understand the camera uses a RYYB sensor and RAW development isn't great, but this was just a JPG with a little exposure compensation in Pro mode and no other adjustments. Is this anything others have seen? Should I expect off colors like this? What's going on? I've attached a crop from inside the photo.

PinkCoatLooksYellow.png

I have the Nano Plus and I noticed that the colors are awful in photos - especially RAW - the "50" mp .jpeg files look a little better but as a nature photographer I always shoot in RAW for maximum control. What's strange is that in video mode the colors are really good - my photos coming out of the Nano plus are almost always "throwaways"

Huh, that's weird. I took a video immediately after and saw the same issue. So for me it doesn't matter whether I'm taking photos or video. Here's a crop from the video file:
VideoPinkToOrange.png

Reactions: gophcc
Same here, sunrise in Baja turned in to garbage. Worst thing is that you don't see it when taking the pic. Strangely video footage is fine.
-1_2_0_2022_03_06_08_38_58_MAX_0036.JPG

Same here, sunrise in Baja turned in to garbage. Worst thing is that you don't see it when taking the pic. Strangely video footage is fine.
View attachment 13393
Please follow these instructions…

create a new txt file and name it tu_xiang_yi_jian_qu_wu.txt
Copy it to the sd card, power on the aircraft and wait about 1 min.
Reboot and camera issue will be fixed.

Thank you!
Will try that :)

Was this a raw or jpeg photo? Did the instructions from @Blade Strike do anything? I wonder what that's supposed to do?
It fixes the internal calibration of the camera. Some cameras had a bad calibration table.

The raw issue is really not an issue but a profile . Camera raw 14.2 opens them fine and all that is required is some hue adjustments to get them back in line.

Not perfect but hopefully we can work with adobe and get a built in profile for the new sensor types.

Reactions: Theborg
It fixes the internal calibration of the camera. Some cameras had a bad calibration table.

The raw issue is really not an issue but a profile . Camera raw 14.2 opens them fine and all that is required is some hue adjustments to get them back in line.

Not perfect but hopefully we can work with adobe and get a built in profile for the new sensor types.
Glad to hear you're working on a solution. I generally use either Darktable or Rawtherapee though, so something that works with that would be great. I don't like giving money to Adobe.

Got any idea of when there will be a new firmware update roughly?

Ich hatte auch den Punkt auf dem Bild. Immer an der gleichen Stelle. Mal war er auf den Bildern, mal nicht.

Ich habe letzte Woche die Kameraeinstellungen getestet und seitdem ist der Punkt weg. Ich habe auch die Datei tu_xiang_yi_jian_qu_wu.tx auf die SD-Karte kopiert. Ich habe keine Veränderungen bemerkt, da der violette Punkt vorher schon weg war.

Der Autel EU Support meldet sich gar nicht mehr! 😔

Attachments

• -1_2_0_2022_03_06_13_30_24_MAX_0006.JPG
    -1_2_0_2022_03_06_13_30_24_MAX_0006.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Does it hurt to do this on a relatively fresh nano+ that doesn't have the issue? I haven't taken too many photos yet, so maybe I haven't noticed the behaviour.

Guys, just do that TXT from Blade Strike.. IT IS WORKING.
I had same issues, all solved with reset of the calibration table.
It is working for JPEG ! On Raw you need a different approach.

Reactions: lifeisfun
Got 2 of them, both have this problem . Also, I doubt it would do any damage if there are units without this problem :)

Got 2 of them, both have this problem . Also, I doubt it would do any damage if there are units without this problem :)
As needs to reset that color table, I think is not a good way to do it at FW upgrade...would add a risk...

As needs to reset that color table, I think is not a good way to do it at FW upgrade...would add a risk...
Well, OK but why they did not offer this fix then? Not everyone is participating reading forums.
Didn't see word about it anywhere else.

GET YOUR S.... TOGETHER AUTEL! Great new drones but you need to better communicate with the public.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34