Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is it time to switch to DJI because of a lack of support?

This is some scary stuff to read.

I bought an Air 2s as my primary drone but I am also heavily considering the Lite+ and/or the Evo II Pro 6K. I'm likely still going to acquire it but I will definitely use BBB if Autel doesn't respond to my inquiries.

Autel Robotics should take these complaints seriously unless they plan to shut down and declare Chapter 11 soon. As a former business owner and director of operations, I know for a fact it does play a factor.

Sadly Autel is playing with fire and the fire spreading like wildfire !
I tried to help them pick up the pieces and wake them up.

All they did was issue a Ticket # like sleeping pills to put me back to bed.

**--** I would repeat my words " Any one Buying their overly priced Rip off Dumb Smart controller for $1200 to 1600 is out of their mind and are throwing gasoline on Autel which is already on fire ! !
**--** I still feel the Autel EVO2 Pro is a Flagship Drone with beautiful colors and sharp video and pictures that once you get used to that you will never touch DJI drones that lack that.
* * If only they listen:

DJI video lacks the wow factor and colors.

**--** Years back when Nikon and Canon were considered the very Best, Fuji came out with S2 Pro this camera was Nikon's 80 model on steroids and CCD sensor. The skin tones were out of this world, we all loved this camera.
Then Nikon put this CCD sensor in Nikon D200 and we all true Photographers loved that camera too.
Autel EVO2 Pro is like the Fuji if only they listen and one by one tackle the issues mentioned in my messages !

The question now is how do I get my money back for two EVO2 Pro just like new but Dead !

Look, They have jacked up the EVO2 Pro bundle price from $2095 to $2500

Greetings

StrikesuitCeroRonin When Fuji came out with S 3 Pro body it was $2899 and Fuji gave us a Prof Nikon flash as a surprise gift and it came in the mail for Free, it was a $550 flash.​

Why Autel failed, did not send us all a Autel EVO2 Pro owners a surprise gift of additional battery for short changing and lying to us about 40 minutes when it really is 31 to 32 minutes

**--** Maybe there is still hope that if they listen to us and we can turn around this Wildfire of Autel, I'm not a looser and am kicking their butt to wake them up to rise and save this Autel EVO2 Pro Flagship drone !
I'm retired and barely pay my bills but have over $4000 invested in Autel and $2000 in Typhoon H. If they don't help us then we all should Sue them for our being the Field Lab and investing into their company !
$4000 for the two drones plus $6000 to 8000 for harassment and aggravation = $10.000 to $12.000

**--** The Lawyer wants 1/3 as fee so we need to sue for at least $ 18000 to 20000 each to get $10.000 to $12.000
In order to get compensated for our damages we Must be united, don’t let one of their payed member here Cover up for Autel !

* * * One Lawyer to represent us all for our claims.
Such is life !

Attachments

• DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The Fuji is a good comparison.

I still feel like their cameras are underrated by professionals -- "only for portrait/street photography". Fuji's colors are still more impressive.

The BBB doesn’t force any company behavior or response, it’s primarily a data collection of complaints or various action filings. They do have some latitude on legal practices, but that doesn’t apply to Autel.

In the situation of Autel, I don’t see any business practice that would merit an action against them. They have poor management, severe growing pains in distribution, relatively poor advertising and support communications.

Their Development has had some great achievements, but distribution has always been lacking, market timing to release consistently poor and appears recently support has declined as well.

Some of these recent changes have been due to Management and various staff changes. They do need to address their shortfalls to remain a competitive company. Although they’re a long way from DJI in market share, and pure size of company and available resources.

Reguarding filing a Suit… anyone can file a suit, but that doesn’t equate to a justified claim or successful action. The stipulated claims would have no merit, suit dismissed and money in Attorneys pockets.

Strongest action, don’t support the company… buy something else and state your dissatisfaction. Word of Mouth has more impact than most realize. Especially for a smaller Company trying to compete with bigger player.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Photo
I understand your frustration trying to use your phone. The DJI software is much more advanced than the Autel. I do use my phone when flying one of my Evo 1 but I fly all 6 of my DJI drones using a 10" Lenovo tablet, Have no issues at all on both DJI Go ( Inspires ) and DJI Go 4 ( P4P ). I have had numerous issues over a couple years trying to get anywhere with Autel Customer Service and that made me uneasy enough to go to DJI. DJI is fast, courteous and extremely reasonable with every issue. Plus, we have a local pro that repairs DJI for our over 5,000 members at Georgia Drone Pilots. He will not repair Autel drones because he can't get parts reliably. As much as I loved my Evo 1 I am not going to invest money or my business in Autel. It is too bad because I really did want an EVO II Pro but Customer Service has been a daily problem with Autel for YEARS.
wow i couldnt have said it better and more to the point myself. Its a shame because i really did want to buy another autel evo

Reactions: Probass
Sadly I'm stuck with two Autel EVO2 Pro that died after firmware update, the remote battery and the drone battery going bad from no use !
All I need is a " Patch " to over ride the last firmware and delete it and to re-install firmware 2.7.25 for standard remote.

Autel does not have the curtsy to respond with a " Patch "
Being retired I can't afford to loose $4000 with Autel EVO2 Pro.

**--** Yet another Kid On The Block Skydio2 Plus with 4K 60 frames per second. The only thing that bothers me is its only 12 MP camera. When Skydio first announced its Skydio 2 I Pre-ordered and gave them the $100 required to pre order but then they kept delaying it so I cancelled my order :

The DJI Flagship is indeed Air 2 S with 1 inch sensor:
I’ve found the best $1000 camera ever

**--** Another DJI drone for $500 soon in April to be released, be on the look out with far better battery life and 4K camera !

Last edited:
All I need is a " Patch " to over ride the last firmware and delete it and to re-install firmware 2.7.25 for standard remote.
There is a thread on the forum that provides a file you put on the card along with your chosen firmware version and you roll it back. I had done it several times with my old E2P. There’s another thread that also has all of the links to each firmware version as well.

https://drone-hacks.com/release/autel/downgrade.zip

The file is titled "force_upgrade," however it will not allow the downgrade unless you change the file name to qiangzi_shengji.

Use the renamed downgrade file along with the firmware version to which you want to downgrade. Choose the firmware version from link below.
Dank Drone Downloader - Web App

There you go. Spoon fed so it tastes better!

Last edited:
Hey…but at least the burden is on him since he’s been given the information. I know the downgrade still works because I tried to reinstall the latest firmware on my Lite+ and it worked with the latest Lite+ firmware bin file in an attempt to see if it corrected my gimbal rotation.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Greetings Cicero24, I appreciate your help and saw your message around midnight and tried it 3 to 4 times on each EVO2 Pro.
Have been trying it since this morning too but still stuck.

When I kept having issues with display freezing and being forced to abandon my mission time after time I was very upset and disturbed and decided to up date firmware and by mistake I might have clicked the next one in the same line for Smart controller firmware.
The unpacking process went without any issues and as usual it asked me to re-boot !
That is when the remote would not power up for days but the drone powered up just fine.

Then I was worried about the remote battery and kept charging the remote but then the remote would not shut down.

I do appreciate your help.
Being retired it kept me busy and creative.
I will keep trying and any further help will be greatly welcome, Thanks a million.

Best regards,
Ajay

Reactions: Cicero24
When I kept having issues with display freezing and being forced to abandon my mission time after time I was very upset and disturbed and decided to up date firmware and by mistake I might have clicked the next one in the same line for Smart controller firmware.

Installing the firmware version for the SC when you have a standard RC is known to brick the standard RC. If that is the case, it has to go back to Autel. There is no mechanism, that I have heard of, for the user to re-flash the RC back to a usable state.

You can try adding the file and firmware to thumb drive and inserting it into the usb in the remote itself and powering it on. Only power the remote, not the drone as well. I tried it once with my E2P remote and it worked and unpacked everything from the thumb drive onto the remote itself like it normally does during a firmware update. Give it a try and see what happens. Worth a shot. If that doesn’t work, then as stated above, the remote is more than likely bricked and you are out of luck. Two options then….send Autel the remote or buy another remote from someone in the classifieds on here or maybe catch one on eBay. I have seen them on here and eBay time time. Good luck!

Great idea Cicero24, I'll try it this way.
I had copied the file " Downgrade " in side is " Force_ update " then I re-named it Qiangzi_Shengji and the firmware 2.7.25 on the Micro SD card that's how I had tried a number of times.

I'll repeat it on just the remote and USB next.
May Gods Grace and Glory be with you.
Regards,
Ajay

Mar 26th 8.40 PM tried it with USB in the remote slot and nothing.

**--** What if I get another remote and it has the older firmware as they come from the factory.
How am I to proceed to bring my drone back to life.
All I need is one remote for both my EVO2 Pro 6K as I don't fly them both at the same time.

I have the feeling I know you from " Shotgun World," do I ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cicero24
Every time you try make sure it is a fresh format with the files placed back on the formatted card. If the remote option doesn’t work for you, then I’m sorry to say that your remote is indeed bricked. The quickest solution would probably be to just get a new or used remote since Autel seems to be barley staying afloat in the support category these days.

Greetings Cicero, what if I get a complete new Autel EVO2 Pro would that newer standard remote work with my other two EVOe Pro without any further fuss ! !

Best regards,
Ajay Madan

Just as long as they are both of the same version….as in either V1or V2. Can’t mix and match versions.

Last edited:
I just bought a dji air 2s and semi retired my autel evo 1. I would have preferred an evo 2 but lack of spare parts, support, ect. Sent me to dji. Which isn't perfect either by any stretch. First problem is I needed a phone or tablet with a 64 bit processor to get the dji fly app. The phone I had at the time was 32 bit. So add a couple hundred on to the dji price tag. And that was the cheapest 64 bit phone I could find. Might be cheaper alternatives that I wasn't aware of at the time. But anyway going from autel evo to dji air 2s, second issue is I live near an airport so basically everytime I want to fly in my area I need to unlock a geo zone. The drone will not take off until you so so! It has been self unlocking so far but you have to get on their website and tell them where and when you want to fly. They need the serial number for your drone, your name etc. It seemed very intrusive to me. Also a 400 foot altitude limit. That's the biggest difference to me and why I would have liked to get an evo 2. No geo fencing. But the dji air 2s is an awesome drone and the dji fly app is good too. That's my two cents. To make a long story short.... I would have preferred another evo, but bought a DJI because of autel robotics short comings
This is literally what you have to do to fly legally....400FT cap is the standard for US so just saying not DJI's fault for protecting you from yourself.

Geo fencing on Dji, here, and even in Costa Rica is so incorrect for years that, I would not purchase their product again ...sadly

I am in the market for a new drone because my EVO II Pro crashed in the river. I wanted to replace it with a refurbished EVO II Pro but they are out of stock and apparently the new ones are out of stock also.

Ive been a loyal Autel Robotics Robotics customer since the X-Star Premium was released, I'm now thinking of switching to DJI because I'm concerned about the future of Aitel Robotics. The last few times I needed tech support it literally took weeks and several emails to get a reply.

I can't even replace my drone or get an answer from tech support and I'm growing impatient. With each passing day, I'm having second thoughts about investing this much money in a drone if the company can't support it.

I suspect others here have had similar experiences and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think the problems with Alltel Robotics are temporary or, is it a sign of the way things are going to be from here on? This is been going on for at least a couple of months. I realize they are extremely short staffed but you would think they could hire some extra people if they are serious about the drone business.

I've been trying to get an answer from tech support for over a week now and I've decided to give them one more week before I move to DJI to get my replacement drone. You would think they wouldn't want to lose long-term customers who give them repeat business but it appears that's not a priority for them. However, I'm hoping they will come through for me so I can continue to be in Autel Robotics customer because I have really enjoyed their drones. We will see.
tell me about it. I think Autel is not focused on their product support but lean more towards sales. I can just imagine how many bricked drones are out there.

I had a battery issue last month and they just replied and said they cant help me. Its a three month old drone. 35 cycles on the battery. Battery overcooled error came up on a fully charged battery grounding my aircraft and work for weeks. AuteI didn't even want me to send back the battery so they could analyze it and make the product better. They said its hazardous and the shipping would be too much and i told them i would pay to ship it myself. I wondered since its hazardous how do they sell and ship batteries across the states? Any how i fixed it myself.

They need to add proper features to the Evo 2, continue to support the Evo 1 and X-Star.
The Evo 2 based on how it is built it should be able to pan the camera and they haven't added that feature.

tell me about it. I think Autel is not focused on their product support but lean more towards sales. I can just imagine how many bricked drones are out there.

I had a battery issue last month and they just replied and said they cant help me. Its a three month old drone. 35 cycles on the battery. Battery overcooled error came up on a fully charged battery grounding my aircraft and work for weeks. AuteI didn't even want me to send back the battery so they could analyze it and make the product better. They said its hazardous and the shipping would be too much and i told them i would pay to ship it myself. I wondered since its hazardous how do they sell and ship batteries across the states? Any how i fixed it myself.

They need to add proper features to the Evo 2, continue to support the Evo 1 and X-Star.
The Evo 2 based on how it is built it should be able to pan the camera and they haven't added that feature.
Make a complain about denial of warranty at European Court of Rights, they are used with this type of lack of support from producers and kick their asses very strong.
I had a month ago an espresso machine denied at warranty by Melita as "was not correctly used", I asked how should be used and if is other user manual that is different from one received with the machine...they refused it as is hard to ship it...European Court contacted them and they paid all costs for shipping and returning, also took a fine.
So....
Start this, I understand when a company is in difficulty as it is overruled by customers request, but after all, I and you don't get profits from Autel in order to "understand it", but as payers we have some rights and the seller have obligations...this is simple.
As one part is not working on it's obligation, it can easily be responsible and pay for this...

Not my concern that Autel, DJI, Samsung or God knows what entity have a shortage of staff...On Autel this shortage is already the same excuse we hear from 2 years...so is no more an excuse, but a decision from Management Board to act like this: PUSH THE SALES, DISREGARD WARRANTY OWNERS....
And that is a FACT, as there was NO MONTH in this 2 years that can show a functional Europe service for AUTEL...As for US service: Does not matter, as their concerns are not EU....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN