Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Irritating "low light" warning while in thermal mode

There are just several warning boxes they throw up that all need to have a dismissed feature. There is another one about altitude restricted. At a minimum since they are working on the app they could push it to like 60 secs.

Unfortunately just based on the apparent lack of concern for a simple app fix, I will not be getting back to an Autel bird anytime soon, I will be waiting in the wings to see if they can get this fixed ;-)

This thread has spanned a bit of time, so as of the last updated post this low light warning hasn't been addressed? I'm considering a EVO2 DUAL, tossing between XT2 & DUAL.

I've seen a few YouTubes were they complained of this interfering with they SAR exercises.
I am a bit surprised of the time period without it being addressed when you'd assume it'd be a quick fix.. at least to "block" the screen messages even if FW required additional attention in later version. Warnings popping up on screen would be a distraction when needing to be focused on task at hand... watching for small indicators or monitoring thermal values.

This thread has spanned a bit of time, so as of the last updated post this low light warning hasn't been addressed? I'm considering a EVO2 DUAL, tossing between XT2 & DUAL.

I've seen a few YouTubes were they complained of this interfering with they SAR exercises.
I am a bit surprised of the time period without it being addressed when you'd assume it'd be a quick fix.. at least to "block" the screen messages even if FW required additional attention in later version. Warnings popping up on screen would be a distraction when needing to be focused on task at hand... watching for small indicators or monitoring thermal values.
The fact that Autel has not addressed this since it was released was one reason I returned mine. For nearly $10K I expected more responsiveness out of Autel. I also expected it to fly better. I don't know if it has been addressed yet, but when flying close to the ground it would "lurch" or hesitate in forward motion, presumably the forward obstacle avoidance was activating when to should not have been. I also found it to fly clumsily, it did not like coordinated banked turns very well. Additionally I was disappointed it was not radiometric. Although not totally needed for SAR a radiometric sensor would add a lot more capability for inspections and looking for fire hot spots. I wanted an aircraft that was not geofenced (DJI products), as that has prevented me from doing a few jobs before. (with proper authorization). IMO, Evo 2 was a pretty good first try for a thermal drone with this size sensor, but with the way it flew I was too nervous to fly in real close quarters (less than 1 meter), along with the failure to address the app issues and so I returned mine. IMO, it cost me $500 (return fee) to basically be a beta tester for Autel. I have no personal experience with the XT2, but my brother flew a Matrice w/thermal (presumably the XT2) for an anti-poaching organization and did not have any issues like I experienced with the Evo 2 Duo.

Have you looked int to the cost of the Matrice w/thermal with the XT2? Very expensive. Camera costs just as much as the EVO II Dual. Last I heard a Matrice w/thermal XT2 package starts at $23,000.00 Yikes My pockets are not that deep LOL
Cost of a used camera is way up there.
DJI Zenmuse XT2 640 – 30hz – 13mm – Buy USED PRICE: $8500

Have you looked int to the cost of the Matrice w/thermal with the XT2? Very expensive. Camera costs just as much as the EVO II Dual. Last I heard a Matrice w/thermal XT2 package starts at $23,000.00 Yikes My pockets are not that deep LOL
Yes, you definitely get what you pay for... although I am hopeful that competition will drive prices down and technology up :)

Reactions: advexure
Agree with cost... already have the M210 and a new XT2 640 13 or 19mm 30Hz are now available in some shops for $8900. Great price for XT2 new!

Yes, you definitely get what you pay for... although I am hopeful that competition will drive prices down and technology up :)

The Blue UAS program from the DOD/Army has certainly helped kickstart and spur competition and innovation amongst the sub-$10k, quick-deploy sUAS segment. Hopefully we continue to see more and more of this as the players that took part in the program grasp market share and expand platform offerings beyond their SRR platforms for Blue UAS.

Seems that this was addressed for me in last update. But I agree that it lurches in any direction without warning when getting close to landing. I simply will not try flying it around 50' of anything at night.

Seems that this was addressed for me in last update. But I agree that it lurches in any direction without warning when getting close to landing. I simply will not try flying it around 50' of anything at night.

Just saw this today. Do you take off and land with the bottom light on at night?

I can't remember the settings off the top of my head but there's additional/advanced settings in Explorer for landing that may need to be disabled for better landing/less calculations at night. My understanding is that, with these settings enabled, the drone takes a photo of the take off area and uses that as well as gps and under sonar to put together a precise landing area. It may be worth disabling a setting or two to see if it stops lurching.

well, I have already been told by wechat that the problem of constant notifications with low light has been corrected in the next app.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d