Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Internal video / audio recording on the Smart Controller?

uas_gian

Reaction score
Hello pilots,

So, the smart controller has 128 GB of internal storage, sounds nice at first. But then I was wondering what are our best options for recording media to this storage?

One option could be a screen capture of the Explorer App being in 4:3 aspect ratio, but is it maybe also possible to somehow have the clean 1080p feed recorded to the internal storage. And thinking one step further would be nice to have audio comments synchronised to that.

Has anyone experimented with this?

please share your experiences.

So getting the "AZ Screen Recorder" installed from an APK does the trick for one part of this question. But I had to make it always record in landscape mode to not get unwanted black bars in an accidental portrait recording. This in fact worked out more smooth than expected. And I am quite surprised with the audio quality for not having an aux microphone.

Here's an example clip:
(This footage was downsized to 720 x 540 pixels in post. The original size was 960 x 720)

Reactions: GM Dave
Hello pilots,

So, the smart controller has 128 GB of internal storage, sounds nice at first. But then I was wondering what are our best options for recording media to this storage?

One option could be a screen capture of the Explorer App being in 4:3 aspect ratio, but is it maybe also possible to somehow have the clean 1080p feed recorded to the internal storage. And thinking one step further would be nice to have audio comments synchronised to that.

Has anyone experimented with this?

please share your experiences.
I use AZ Screen Recorder as well and it works mint on the SC. You can record in 4.3 and 1080 with sound . The audio picks up voice as well as ambient noise as well.
I never fly with out turning on AZ Recorder whether I use my phone , tablet or SC. There is plenty of room to record internally. Uploading to you PC is easy. It's done by WiFi and work great. I usually attach a USB cable and copy it manually . It's just faster. I registered my copy of AZ Recorder but don't think it's necessary. The only thing with AZ Recorder is that everything on you controller screen that's visible is recorded to you video file and that's what you see when played back. The cleaner you have you flight screen the better you video will look from AZ.
I like all the info showing so I can look back and see things the control was showing.

You don't need to download or register anything. My SmartController v1 came with an app called XRecorder. It records audio and the flight screen at 1920x1440.
Swipe up on the little circle at the bottom of the screen. You can minimize the control to a little orange thing on the right side of the screen. Use this to start, pause and stop the recording while flying.
You will find the recorded file on the SC with CxFileExplorer or when plugged into your PC at AutelRobotics/Internal Shared Storage/ScreenRecordings/Screen Capture.
I use this for nearly all of my flights to capture the camera settings and my comments while flying.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
You don't need to download or register anything. My SmartController v1 came with an app called XRecorder. It records audio and the flight screen at 1920x1440.
Swipe up on the little circle at the bottom of the screen. You can minimize the control to a little orange thing on the right side of the screen. Use this to start, pause and stop the recording while flying.
You will find the recorded file on the SC with CxFileExplorer or when plugged into your PC at AutelRobotics/Internal Shared Storage/ScreenRecordings/Screen Capture.
I use this for nearly all of my flights to capture the camera settings and my comments while flying.
you beat me too it, was going to comment the same. i have it on v1 sc.

Reactions: Rubik3x

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58