Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

V3 issues.

Videoguy

Reaction score
Purchased the V3 recently and having problems that I didn’t have with my V1.

- not recording in 10-bit mode. (Typical setting set up: 4k, 24p, LOG and h265)
- Smart Controller SE has the battery draining issue mentioned in another post
- controller showing intelligent modes as “Intelligent photo”

Anyone else having these issues or know how to resolve them?

• Wow
Reactions: edgardcafe
Read up on this thread but the update to fix the issues has just been released

IMG_24D991700477-1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Detritalgeo
Read up on this thread but the update to fix the issues has just been released

View attachment 15495
haha! funny! thanks!! They must have JUST released it as I tried to check for updates this morning.

Reactions: surenmunoo
The loss-of-charge issue on the SE controller appears to have been fixed by the update. I applied the update and recharged my controller late Monday night. The controller still has a full charge as of this (Wednesday) morning.

Reactions: Detritalgeo
Checked the Control Unit charge capacity this morning after letting it sit overnight. The charge was at 100%. Seems ok for now. I will continue to monitor it.

Hi there just wondering if the v3 is providing stable operation or is it still buggy

Hi there just wondering if the v3 is providing stable operation or is it still buggy
I had issues with the control unit not maintaining 100% charge capacity after charging and then letting it sit overnight. This problem seems to be resolved for me at this point after doing the latest firmware update, but I will continue to monitor it.

As for the low volume from the Control Units speaker seems to be corrected too, since the firmware update.

As for the periodic "bell chime" sound coming from the Control Unit that is no longer happening except it chimed once when I have the charger connected to the Unit. Chimed once when first connected to the charger, but not continuously like before. Perhaps the firmware update fixed that too. (Wait!!! While writing this reply to you the bell chime sound came back at a rate of one chime per every 5 seconds.) UGH.

I don't know if this is normal or not as AR has no documentation about this. Perhaps the chime is to let one know that the Control Unit is connected to the charger. I don't know.

I have complained that AR has a very poorly written SE control unit manual.

I had issues with the control unit not maintaining 100% charge capacity after charging and then letting it sit overnight. This problem seems to be resolved for me at this point after doing the latest firmware update, but I will continue to monitor it.

As for the low volume from the Control Units speaker seems to be corrected too, since the firmware update.

As for the periodic "bell chime" sound coming from the Control Unit that is no longer happening except it chimed once when I have the charger connected to the Unit. Chimed once when first connected to the charger, but not continuously like before. Perhaps the firmware update fixed that too. (Wait!!! While writing this reply to you the bell chime sound came back at a rate of one chime per every 5 seconds.) UGH.

I don't know if this is normal or not as AR has no documentation about this. Perhaps the chime is to let one know that the Control Unit is connected to the charger. I don't know.

I have complained that AR has a very poorly written SE control unit manual.
I now also have this bell noise when the remote is on and charging.

I now also have this bell noise when the remote is on and charging.
I totally agree with you. The documentation/user manual to so bad that it is pretty much useless. AR needs to improve this as well as its customer service. AR says it knows it must improve customer service but that was several months ago. AR lacks credibility when information is missing, the functionality of its products is not explained, poor documentation, etc.

As for the bell sound, I was charging my SE controller yesterday and heard on bell sound where before it would "ding" the bell about every 8 to 10 seconds. Again, nothing in the SE manual discusses that!

BTW, can you direct me to do a manual firmware update? Again, there is nothing in the RC/Aircraft manual explaining how to do this. AR expects you to fumble through the process if you can.

Thanks!

BTW, can you direct me to do a manual firmware update? Again, there is nothing in the RC/Aircraft manual explaining how to do this. AR expects you to fumble through the process if you can.

Thanks!
As far as I know, you can only manually update the drone via the SD method, I tried the same with the RC and it does not work. Download the FW from the link below, copy the FW, unzipped into the root of your SD card, put the SD card into the drone and power on RC then power up the drone. The update will start and drone will restart on completion, then power cycle both the drone and Remote.

I totally agree with you. The documentation/user manual to so bad that it is pretty much useless. AR needs to improve this as well as its customer service. AR says it knows it must improve customer service but that was several months ago. AR lacks credibility when information is missing, the functionality of its products is not explained, poor documentation, etc.

As for the bell sound, I was charging my SE controller yesterday and heard on bell sound where before it would "ding" the bell about every 8 to 10 seconds. Again, nothing in the SE manual discusses that!
I am actually trying to get rid of mine currently. Great solid drone with a fantastic camera and good range but I like all the smart features so I will stick with m Mavic 3 until Autel catches a wake up.

As far as I know, you can only manually update the drone via the SD method, I tried the same with the RC and it does not work. Download the FW from the link below, copy the FW, unzipped into the root of your SD card, put the SD card into the drone and power on RC then power up the drone. The update will start and drone will restart on completion, then power cycle both the drone and Remote.

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I performed the firmware update. All went fine. However, when I go to check to see if the RC will tell me the firmware version it tells me "Firmware check failed". This also was the case even before I did the update. Any suggestions other the to contact AR, which I really hate to do since it is such a hassle dealing with them and I usually get some obscure, nonhelpful response? If you know what I mean?

On AR website under EVOII Downloads......Software.... What are Autel OA Calibration Tool v1.1.1(window) and windows 2.0.1 downloads? What are they and what do they do? As usual, AR does not give information about them.

Has anyone ever gone to the AR website and found a chat agent "online"? I have never seen an agent online. I don't even know why it is an option with the blue "Agent Offline" icon to the lower right of the support window.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg