Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

V3 issues.

Email here asking about it, guys name is Spencer and is very responsive.
Autel Support EU <[email protected]>
I sent an email to AR a couple of days ago and got no response. I sent another email today about my other questions as shown above. I will see what response if any, I get. Is the email you provided a direct email address to Spencer? Somehow,, I doubt it.

I sent an email to AR a couple of days ago and got no response. I sent another email today about my other questions as shown above. I will see what response if any, I get. Is the email you provided a direct email address to Spencer? Somehow,, I doubt it.
He seems to reply to every email I send but then maybe he is the only worker there LOL

I performed the firmware update. All went fine. However, when I go to check to see if the RC will tell me the firmware version it tells me "Firmware check failed". This also was the case even before I did the update. Any suggestions other the to contact AR, which I really hate to do since it is such a hassle dealing with them and I usually get some obscure, nonhelpful response? If you know what I mean?
After a month and a half of no flights due to the cold and snow, I decided Sunday to check for any new software or firmware changes. Found the same “version check failed” error, as you describe, but can’t remember if I had checked it before or after the last OTA V1.1.9 firmware update in January. I manually downloaded the firmware again (twice), but still received the same error. I did a short flight to verify operation as normal.

I contacted Autel Tech Support Monday morning; the tech was very supportive, walking me thru each of the hardware versions in the Firmware table to verify that I indeed had the correct and most current hardware versions from the last firmware change.

I supplied several screen-captures to verify the issue for AR engineering, as requested, and received several emails over the day:

“I believe you are getting that version check failed because the remote is not truly connected to the internet. We just checked multiple remotes here and we tried recreating that error you were getting and only saw that when our remote wasn't connected to internet.”

“Please make sure you are connected to a network. Once you confirm this, please go back to General--> About ---> Software Update ---> App and verify you are on version 3.1.26. Then tap back and click Android system and version 0.0.2.11.”

“If your software version and Android system version are the exact same ones above, you are safe to fly since you are also on the latest firmware. However, if your version models don't match the above numbers, please update the software and Android system when you are connected to the internet.”

I verified that I was connected to the internet and the software and Android versions were both correct.

“At this time, you are on all the latest software and firmware and you are safe to fly. I will be escalating this to our engineers to see if they have come across this error issue and are already working on a resolution. As long as you are getting OTA (over the air) updates for firmware, your aircraft is fine.”

Hope this helps....

Well, we can typically call Autel support now dead with Ken Booth who left them. Already their support was so poor but now with Ken gone it is gonna go even more down.

Purchased the V3 recently and having problems that I didn’t have with my V1.

- not recording in 10-bit mode. (Typical setting set up: 4k, 24p, LOG and h265)
- Smart Controller SE has the battery draining issue mentioned in another post
- controller showing intelligent modes as “Intelligent photo”

Anyone else having these issues or know how to resolve them?
I too thought it was supposed to do 10-bit log. What happened? It's supposed to be the same camera, but better so why no 10-bit log?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials