Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I feel sorry for all of you Canadians. No more flying hobby anymore.

So is this for the hobby certification or just commercial? It is insane.

I wonder if @Agustine goes around with cones, maps, radio, etc on his truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madhungarian
So is this for the hobby certification or just commercial? It is insane.

What's also crazy/insane is the amount of sales that will be lost to DJI, Autel, etc. If you just bought an expensive drone and had no idea and your posting on youtube, they are coming after you. One of those guys I believe did a review on the EVO and he does not want to become a pilot, and now he cannot fly any drones over 255g. So I guess its just whoops from now on.

I find it pretty funny on how people are freaking out about a few simple things they need to do before flying and staying legal. Oh my the sky is falling or is this just Fearmongering or scaremongering to get more attention to their youtube channels.
It is very unfortunate that Peter made this video. He has been cut down for his comments and lack of knowledge about the new rules. His buddy who paid and took flight school also got some rules wrong. They went over kill in the video to gain subscribers. Here are some of the comments from commercial pilots that can't believe he made that video.

He is a drama queen

He never flew legally before why would he care now.

they couldn't even get the rules right. *sigh*

Self entitled punk that feels no rules should affect him.

Friends with Casey Neistat the drone-flying-idiot, all you have to know...

Well then he should get off his sorry *** and write the online test, register his drone, put a sticker on it and he’s good to go. If he’s outside restricted airspace there’s not much more he has to do.
Not sure where he gets the idea that you can’t fly anywhere in Canada. What a bunch of BS. I have my Advanced certificate and a compliant RPAS and flew legally 500 m from a Heliport in Vancouver with an approved Flight Request.

Once you get all your ducks in a row you can actually do more with the new regs than before.

Wish I hadn’t given this twit a click on his video.

yes, stupid video with no purpose.. Plus they got some of the stuff wrong.

As I said in another group. I was/am a fan of Peter Mckinnon's work but this video is totally irresponsible

Runway 038? I think you need new batteries in that compass... Runways can go from 01 to 36 (10 degrees to 360 degrees) Time to re-read that 300 page PDF.

So do not take what is in that video as truthful. LOL
I actually have a lot more places now that I can fly legally then I had last year with the old rules.

This interactive map tool provides a graphical way to choose safe operating sites for drone flights. Areas that require caution are shown in yellow. Areas that require permission are shown in orange and areas where drone flights are not permitted are shown in red.

Last year anything in yellow would have been in red and there would not have been flight paths but the big red circles for international airports that you see now on the flight selection tool page. Airports have to be registered and certified to be restricked airspace. All the yellow ones are just registered and you need to use caution but can still fly there no problem.

Don't worry I am all set ;) I use LiveATC App for my radio. Phone to contact tower if needed. Maps and paper work are all stored on my tablet digitally.
And as far as cones go nobody said how big they need to be ?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert