Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Did I make a mistake buying the Max 4T?

MrTurnerPhoto

Reaction score
The Max 4T has been on the market for almost a year now and where are accessories? No RTK, light, heck Autel can't even get their own flir program to work! It was the Max 4T or the M30T for me so I went with the M4T. It is buggie most of the time but when it is not it flies better that any sUAS I have ever flown.... Autel, you need to piss or get off of the pot!

--There, I have got it out of me now, and I feel better.

Each shopper utilizes their own checklist of desirables and deal breakers. I always weigh the user base (almost zero for introductory items), manf and aftermarket products, OEM products and sellers. If I'm not shopping to this degree of pickiness I feel as though I'm buying vaporware based on hope and a dream.

I share your frustrations.
Lucky for you that you still have your glitchi falsely advertised craft.

My X Max 4T malfunctioned and flew away in November.
I would caution flying it if you experience any abnormal flight issues!!!
I bought the live deck along with 2 extra batteries.
The live deck they say now will not be compatible after being told it would with a later firmware update.
We all see the track record of those statements.
The customer service has been far from satisfactory in my own experiences so far.
I will likely create a thorough documentation likey a youtube video to save others from getting ran down the road I've been on with Autel.

They simply claimed that after reviewing all the data they requested,which I promptly sent in the same day they finally replied after waiting an average of 5 days to get!!! They said there was nothing wrong with my Max 4 T.
What an insult and very dissapointing to say the least.
So they offered me a 75% discount to purchase a new one!

The predicament is keep fighting for fair evaluation and loss of time and aggravation with frustration.
Anyone who loses their craft should get a replacement at no cost to the customer if it truly was defective and malfunctioned at no fault of piloting errors...

I did the math and figured I'd be out pocket the additional cost.

$2386.96.
I'm curious to get some feedback on what suggestions members may have on what you would do?

There is always a time versus money versus principal to factor into my decision.

Right now MY Goal is to save others from losing what I have up to this point!!!

What make the most cents versus sense?
It usually comes down to money!

I choose higher senses.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrTurnerPhoto
Get the new one, start it up for bids on eBay to get your money back, and buy a DJI.

-- Opinions expressed above are my own and may not be the feelings of this site or others. My opinions are based solely on my personal experiences.

Reactions: shb777
The Max 4T has been on the market for almost a year now and where are accessories? No RTK, light, heck Autel can't even get their own flir program to work! It was the Max 4T or the M30T for me so I went with the M4T. It is buggie most of the time but when it is not it flies better that any sUAS I have ever flown.... Autel, you need to piss or get off of the pot!

Sounds very familiar to EVO II v3 owners believe me. Yes, you made a mistake if you bought the marketing, but instead got what they are actually delivering.

DroneRat, you are right on! I bought the marketing but I received Autel BS instead.

-- Opinions expressed above are my own and may not be the feelings of this site or others. My opinions are based solely on my personal experiences.

The live deck they say now will not be compatible after being told it would with a later firmware update.
The customer service has been far from satisfactory in my own experiences so far.
I will likely create a thorough documentation likey a youtube video to save others from getting ran down the road I've been on with Autel.

They simply claimed that after reviewing all the data they requested,which I promptly sent in the same day they finally replied after waiting an average of 5 days to get!!! They said there was nothing wrong with my Max 4 T.

The predicament is keep fighting for fair evaluation and loss of time and aggravation with frustration.
Anyone who loses their craft should get a replacement at no cost to the customer if it truly was defective and malfunctioned at no fault of piloting errors...

$2386.96.
I'm curious to get some feedback on what suggestions members may have on what you would do?

There is always a time versus money versus principal to factor into my decision.

I choose higher senses.
Take it, and sell it, buy the dji...

I did buy the Air 3 last week. I'm going to be $3-6g in the red if i do sell it. Problem I have is that someone else will suffer thru the same experiences I've had. I'm going to build a landing page to warn Americans FYI to be prepared!

$2386.96.

I choose higher senses.
If you did not have the Flight Protection which i did not get as it was $500+ dollars for the EVO 640+..than $2300 is an amount I can live with for a $11k drone. Just my opinion. After what I have heard about some other's experiences, that's not a bad offer. I think they are finally realizing they have a problem with poor CS and hopefully they will get better. The whole Chinese culture to American culture gap is something they could use some coaching about. So easy to lose a customer for life and every other person that pissed off customer talks to. They should go overboard to make every customer happy especially when competing with almighty DJI ! They need to hire people like me to work out of our homes and actually talk to customers during 8-5 daytime (US hours) and help resolve problems

Thanks for your comment. I agree much help is needed. They are leaving some of us unhappy customers hanging and dealers as well. We can find ways to help
Everyone have better experience es and improved growth. Positive
Feedback pays dividends.
I would like to fly with confidence w/o concern for malfunctioning equipment regardless of coverage.
One would still have to prove case for coverage plus hefty deductible.
Have a great day!

I have the DJI Air 2s and LOVE IT. I have the Evo 640t V2 for Thermal Roof inspections as I have a small Inspection Company. I do plan to purchase the Air 3 or perhaps the Air 3s if they come out with it this year...respectfully, I would not sell the Evo. I love the way my EVO flies and I have had 0 issues. The Zoom the Thermal, 360 OA, etc... all works great. I'm a bit conservative and don't fly very far so maybe it's just me but I like having 2 brands as you learn more about the industry as a whole. I do agree with you in that DJI is still ahead of the game :)

Reactions: Ezone23 and EBERLS

Never buy a new drone, wait a year or two till they get the bugs out, it's my rule.

Amen to all this my friend. I don’t feel optimistic now that the Alpha just came out though. Look what happened to the 640t v3. Worse off than the two. I was lead on for months about the spotlight I ordered and -aid for, only to get the reply that they have been in stock in China just can’t ship to the US right now due to restrictions. wtf is going on. One site even advertises 6 left in stock, order soon. A US site.
Can’t take it anymore. Like you, I thought I was going to be assisting in the fight for a competitor to DJI…what has turned out is we are pawns in the money grab. BS.
Going back to DJI with the m30t as soon as I can pawn off this aircraft.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo