Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

How do you all get this nice crisp photos or even videos ?

399AGL

Reaction score
I hang my head in shame. My issues were a combination of several stupid errors on my part. The EVO is a wonderful drone and the camera is incredible....light years ahead of my Q500.
Could you elaborate a bit about what you did? My impressions of the photos I've taken were less than great. Maybe I can follow what you changed to improve the quality.

Tufargon

Reaction score
Could you elaborate a bit about what you did? My impressions of the photos I've taken were less than great. Maybe I can follow what you changed to improve the quality.
Look at the post above the one you quoted.

DanielC

Reaction score
I’m having a softness issue as well. It does not have the plastic on the lens. I’m going to go through the settings to see if I can get it to improve.

DanielC

Reaction score
The first PICTURE is a capture from VIDEO using VLC the second one is a JPEG from the camera this is what I get on my Autel EVO, these both were shot using the 4K auto settings
Same issue here. I’m going to try adjusting some settings to see if it will improve.

Reactions: 399AGL

Scrimma

Reaction score
Anyone have a solution for this? I've removed the plastic, also removed the stock UV filter. Still don't get clear photos. This is super frustrating for an expensive drone! photos are soft and look grainy. This photo is straight out of the drone. I did put my Freewell ND32/PL on for this photo, but i get the same results sharpness wise (or lack thereof) regardless of filter or not. Are these drone cameras duds?

MAX_0025.JPG

Reactions: clemente21

DanielC

Reaction score
Did you snap this while recording video? If so it captures at video resolution. My experience is similar to yours when recording video. I haven’t done any photography.

DanielC

Reaction score
I've been dong some shooting, and editing and I found a setting in FCPX that made me feel a lot better about the video quality. In the main video window is a view menu.In this menu there is setting Better Performance or Better Quality. When I set it to Better Quality I suddenly saw beautiful video. When it was set on Better Performance because it is H265 it degrades during playback to give better performance. So when you have H264 or H265 these files are hard to play back for most editing systems because they require a lot of decoding. So my iMac Pro can handle it, but I had it set to Better Performance anyway. So this setting is present in FCPX, and may be present in some other systems and will intentionally degrade playback for the sake of performance.

I am much happier now with this drone and the camera. Well, I have always liked the drone, but I was less happy with the camera. Now I like them both. :)

Mystyborne

Reaction score
I don’t have the techno mumble jumble answers for you, but I DO have one from experience. Hahaha

Did you remove the plastic film protecting the lense of the camera??

I know. I know. Like the ol’ trouble shooting guide—“is it plugged in?” Or the new TS guide—“did you turn it off then turn it on?”

I only offer this “solution” due to... ummm...experience.

Good luck!
I need to check my camera. I'm pretty sure I've not removed the film protector from lense. Feel like that is probably spot on advise.

clemente21

Reaction score
Have you changed your shutter speed? The faster the EVO moves, the faster the shutter speed needs to be to get sharper photos. Keep also in mind that in addition to the aircraft movement, there is wind forces and drone vibrations.

However, to control this setting you need to go manual on your exposure. This will add to your workload because to get a good exposure you also need to tweak the ISO as well. For the same exposure, a faster shutter speed needs a higher ISO.

You could hover while taking the photo to reduce the movement variables and your workload as well. Regarding video, I don't know if the ISO and shutter speed affects it. Haven't gone that far, but it would be a good experiment to make.

DavidRoss

Reaction score
I hang my head in shame. My issues were a combination of several stupid errors on my part. The EVO is a wonderful drone and the camera is incredible....light years ahead of my Q500.
My issues were a combination of several stupid errors on my part.
Well what was your Errors ? I'm lost or to old to had figure it out my the post. So Enlighten me what was it ? Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesmo5