Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do you all get this nice crisp photos or even videos ?

wonkyfist

Reaction score
First of all , i am sorry i feel like this belongs in a different section. I thought it would be a nice discussion regardless.

I am kinda new to the autel evo , and photo/video taking.

Every time I a take a video or photo it seems to be "blurry" ish taking. Like nothing is in "focus" i could say ? Or even clearish ? I guess that the best way to explain it lol. I do shoot in 4k everything. I have tried both 265x and 264x. I guess i am missing something?

Also I do not use a nd filter. Could that be it? If it is , why would an nd filter help improve my "focus" or in other words sharpness and clarity of the video or photos ?

Welcome to the forums!

The Evo has a fixed focus and yes it's a bit soft when taking photos. To work around this, you can play with the Exposure Value in the lower settings bar.

20190725_112658.jpg

Or you can sharpen the photo in a post processing software like Lightroom.

Another technique you can use is play with the lighting. When you are about to take a photo, there are darker areas on the screen, tapping there will make the shutter go slower therefore allowing more light. The same can be used inverse. If it's to dark, tapping in an are with more light, can make the shutter go faster, making the photo darker.

There is no right or wrong answer. Play with the settings and choose what looks right for you.

The ND filters filter some of the light out, allowing the shutter speed to slow down, which in turn allows more exposure time and better photos.

The H.264 and HVEC (H.265) are for video taking and will not affect the photo in any way.

First of all , i am sorry i feel like this belongs in a different section. I thought it would be a nice discussion regardless.

I am kinda new to the autel evo , and photo/video taking.

Every time I a take a video or photo it seems to be "blurry" ish taking. Like nothing is in "focus" i could say ? Or even clearish ? I guess that the best way to explain it lol. I do shoot in 4k everything. I have tried both 265x and 264x. I guess i am missing something?

Also I do not use a nd filter. Could that be it? If it is , why would an nd filter help improve my "focus" or in other words sharpness and clarity of the video or photos ?
I feel the same way. I just got the Evo and was unimpressed by the lack of sharpness. I thought mine was defective. Maybe it's normal. I will try playing around with settings.

I feel the same way. I just got the Evo and was unimpressed by the lack of sharpness. I thought mine was defective. Maybe it's normal. I will try playing around with settings.

Ive played with the settings , and for the lack of my ability i cant get a nice shot lol a crisp clear shot lol. My phone does it better, and i know i am just not doing something right lol

Where are you looking at the pictures? On the phone or pc? And are you perhaps looking at the .tmb files (thumbnails)? If you're looking at the thumbnails you're looking in the wrong directory on the card.

Where are you looking at the pictures? On the phone or pc? And are you perhaps looking at the .tmb files (thumbnails)? If you're looking at the thumbnails you're looking in the wrong directory on the card.

I am looking at it through the pc. Well the jpg files them selves are a little blurish too. Sometimes the dng files if im not mistake on light room is also a bit meh. Not as clear as one would expect. Again could be me not knowing how to shoot lol

With my XSP I just use all the defaults. Depending on the light my pictures don't always come out perfect but definately not bad or anything that can't be corrected after the fact.

The first PICTURE is a capture from VIDEO using VLC the second one is a JPEG from the camera this is what I get on my Autel EVO, these both were shot using the 4K auto settings

In the DSLR world it is known that raw pictures are a little soft and need sharpening. JPGs are sharpened in camera which may be too much or too little. The same is true for the EVO. I always use JPG + raw. Sometimes the JPG is good enough and if I need better quality and more latitude I have the raw. ND filters are for video to introduce motion blur for a more cinematic look and are more likely to degrade stills because it slows shutter speed increasing the likelihood of blur there too. Polarising filters are useful to reduce glare in stills but they do require some fiddling to get the filter angle correct.

In the DSLR world it is known that raw pictures are a little soft and need sharpening. JPGs are sharpened in camera which may be too much or too little. The same is true for the EVO. I always use JPG + raw. Sometimes the JPG is good enough and if I need better quality and more latitude I have the raw. ND filters are for video to introduce motion blur for a more cinematic look and are more likely to degrade stills because it slows shutter speed increasing the likelihood of blur there too. Polarising filters are useful to reduce glare in stills but they do require some fiddling to get the filter angle correct.
Great answer! Thanks.

I too am having the same "blurry" issue. Very frustrating. Its like photos and video are all out of focus and soft. They look like 640x480 thumbnail quality. Photo straight from camera below is 4000 x 3000 72dpi 5.3 MB. My 5 year old Yuneec Q5004k does an equal job at photos and video. I'm viewing photos and video on my computer/large monitor.
MAX_0006.JPG

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 399AGL and Ansia
I don’t have the techno mumble jumble answers for you, but I DO have one from experience. Hahaha

Did you remove the plastic film protecting the lense of the camera??

I know. I know. Like the ol’ trouble shooting guide—“is it plugged in?” Or the new TS guide—“did you turn it off then turn it on?”

I only offer this “solution” due to... ummm...experience.

Good luck!

I hang my head in shame. My issues were a combination of several stupid errors on my part. The EVO is a wonderful drone and the camera is incredible....light years ahead of my Q500.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I hang my head in shame. My issues were a combination of several stupid errors on my part. The EVO is a wonderful drone and the camera is incredible....light years ahead of my Q500.
None were stupid. Just rookie mistakes, from which you learned and moved on. We all have gone through this phase at some point or another. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out manual mode. I always find something new in the settings to play with.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials