Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Home Screen issue with SE control Unit

Sorry l still feel this makes no sense and disagree that “Android “ does this.

I don’t have an Android phone but do they loose battery capacity if you turn it off and let the phone sit on a counter over night? I doubt it. But again I don’t own an Android phone.
I also don't have an Android phone but I do have the RC Pro and both have been fully charged and left turned off. I will put them both on in the morning and check battery %

Sorry l still feel this makes no sense and disagree that “Android “ does this.

I don’t have an Android phone but do they loose battery capacity if you turn it off and let the phone sit on a counter over night? I doubt it. But again I don’t own an Android phone.
So my little test between the Dji RC Pro and Auto SE RC proved that the Auto uses power even when shutdown completely, well mine does. The RC Pro and Auto were powered on this morning and Dji was at 100% and Autel at 95% - both are Android and Drone Smart controllers. Houston we have a problem.

After 2.5 days of letting my SE control unit sit, I found the charge capacity at 96%. Something is draining the battery, all be it slowly, or as the battery sits it does not hold its charge. I don't know which is the case.

After 2.5 days of letting my SE control unit sit, I found the charge capacity at 96%. Something is draining the battery, all be it slowly, or as the battery sits it does not hold its charge. I don't know which is the case.
Checked mine this morning and battery is at 96% after 2 days of no use

Checked mine this morning and battery is at 96% after 2 days of no use
same for at least two of us.
I emailed AR customer support regarding the drop in battery capacity. I will let you know what they say. I suspect they will say that is "normal". If they do, I am not encouraged nor will I be happy about that.

Got a response from AR just now. See below.
I responded to Karen D that AR should let their customers know that the recent firmware did not completely resolve the battery draining issue.

Again, poor customer service by AR. They should have said the update would not completely solve the issue and let their customers know this up front!

I am so disappointed in AR.

Hello,
The firmware update did not 100% resolve the issue. It improved it. I will let the engineering department know that you are having this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,

Karen D| After-sales Technical Support

Got a response from AR just now. See below.
I responded to Karen D that AR should let their customers know that the recent firmware did not completely resolve the battery draining issue.

Again, poor customer service by AR. They should have said the update would not completely solve the issue and let their customers know this up front!

I am so disappointed in AR.

Hello,
The firmware update did not 100% resolve the issue. It improved it. I will let the engineering department know that you are having this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,

Karen D| After-sales Technical Support
Same person responded to me as well. see the response first and then after I refused to accept a repair because the drone is new Karen responded again. At least they responded quickly now.
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 18.31.05.pngScreenshot 2023-01-25 at 18.29.32.png
And They sent another email straight after this one.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 18.31.16.png

I wouldn't consider 96% after a few days and a few start-ups and shut-downs to check capacity to be a problem. 88% after three days is worth looking into. A self-discharge to maintain battery life as with the flight batteries might actually be a good idea but it would not be popular.

I wouldn't consider 96% after a few days and a few start-ups and shut-downs to check capacity to be a problem. 88% after three days is worth looking into. A self-discharge to maintain battery life as with the flight batteries might actually be a good idea but it would not be popular.
Agree. Not popular at all.

Self discharge is good as it protects and helps the battery to stay in good health for longer but not when the RC is fully charged and the next morning the battery has dropped 5 to 10% battery power. This Autel RC issue is the internal fan that keeps coming on when in use too frequently of which I noticed that after you unplug the charger from it when its turned off, the fan comes on with 2 LEDS for a few seconds then cuts off.

I have not noticed the fan coming on or the lights either
Anyone else had them happen after control unit completely powered off?

Is there any SOC decrease if the controller is left overnight with the battery removed?.. Just to constrain its the OS and not the battery protection firmware.

I have the V2 SC and never even bothered to check the SOC 8 hours after charging. Maybe I should.

Is there any SOC decrease if the controller is left overnight with the battery removed?.. Just to constrain its the OS and not the battery protection firmware.
I have none. Fully charged RC on 25 Jan and removed battery, checked this morning after putting battery back in and it was still 100%. For me the problem is not fixed.

Has this impacted your ability to fly yet? How many cycles does the battery have? (This would have to be anecdotal).. Has it been charged to full from 10 or 20 % SOC? What is the general runtime and is it much less than advertised?

Has this impacted your ability to fly yet? How many cycles does the battery have? (This would have to be anecdotal).. Has it been charged to full from 10 or 20 % SOC? What is the general runtime and is it much less than advertised?
I don't think we can see the charge count on the RC but if I had to guess I would say at least 10. I have 5 batteries for the V3 but while flying each drone battery from 100% to 10% each, my RC will be at 15% battery life by the time the drone lands with the 3rd battery. So it seems that the RC is consuming just over 33% battery for each full drone battery and the killer is the fan that runs consistently.

The battery capacity of the SE Controller is at the top just right of the center after you click the "camera" icon.
After 4 days without use, mine has only 83% capacity.

The battery capacity of the SE Controller is at the top just right of the center after you click the "camera" icon.
After 4 days without use, mine has only 83% capacity.
So I flew on Sunday, RC battery died completely on my 5th battery, let it cool down properly then charged it up the next day as it was late. Left RC from Yesterday at 4pm to this morning 6h30am and checked the power on RC and it was still 100%. Maybe after the update we needed to run RC battery down and then fully charge up again. Can you try it yourself.

So I flew on Sunday, RC battery died completely on my 5th battery, let it cool down properly then charged it up the next day as it was late. Left RC from Yesterday at 4pm to this morning 6h30am and checked the power on RC and it was still 100%. Maybe after the update we needed to run RC battery down and then fully charge up again. Can you try it yourself.
I did that with no improvement.

After about a week now battery capacity is at 80% and this is without using it with RC completely turned off.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials