Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Home Screen issue with SE control Unit

flyingcarpent9

Reaction score
I was reading the SE Control Unit Manuel (yes, I do read such things :)). Anyway, according to the manual, the Home Screen should display the "weather conditions" in my area. However, when I turn on the Control Unit no such "weather condition" is displayed.
I contacted Autel Support and they said there is no "weather condition" display indicator. I don't get it when their manual says the "weather conditions" should be displayed in the lower left-hand corner of the Home Screen. (Written on page 8 in their manual)

So is there or is there not supposed to be a weather condition display on the Home Screen?

Maybe that will come in another update if ever, I would worry about all the missing features on the V3 like parallel tracking etc

Their user guides have notoriously been inadequate and could use some improvement so it is possible this was a feature that was/is being developed but the guys editing the guide content are not in sync with the engineering and design team. Either the manual is wrong or the feature is not yet available in public release.

Just like the first manual stated the battery state for the controller for the Nano and Lite could be checked by short pressing once... this is not the case.

Sorry but that is like saying I bought a new car, but it didn't come with tires. When I buy something, I expect to get what they say they are selling. Not less.

That said I reached out to Autel Robotics support again (the second time on this issue) and now got a different answer.

From Autel Robotics:

Hello,
I have brought that to my engineering departments attention. They are bringing that up to the people that wrote that manual.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,

It seems like a left-hand, right-hand discrepancy.

Autel just has too many issues. Not a good showing.

Their user guides have notoriously been inadequate and could use some improvement so it is possible this was a feature that was/is being developed but the guys editing the guide content are not in sync with the engineering and design team. Either the manual is wrong or the feature is not yet available in public release.

Just like the first manual stated the battery state for the controller for the Nano and Lite could be checked by short pressing once... this is not the case.
Agree, BTW the manual was published on 12-31-2019.

Autel is way behind the curve.

Fully charged mine to 100% again last night, woke now and its 98%. Everyone here, is your RC still 100% when left over night or does it also drop a percent or 2

I upgraded the firmware, then shut down the SE Control Unit. (Not in sleep mode, etc.)
I left the battery in the unit.
Let it sit overnight.
Started up the SE Control Unit and noticed it was not 100% charged. The charge was down to 4 bars.

I did all the above and today all 5 bars lit up green. 5 out of 5 for 100%.

Seems ok now. I will monitor and let everyone know in this thread if I end up with a different result in the future.

Perhaps it takes two times to let it sit overnight to correct the issue.

Fully charged mine to 100% again last night, woke now and its 98%. Everyone here, is your RC still 100% when left over night or does it also drop a percent or 2
Started up the SE Controller this morning and only had 89% charge. UGH!

But seems like my speaker volume is higher since the update. Nothing consistent with the SE Controller.

Started up the SE Controller this morning and only had 89% charge. UGH!

But seems like my speaker volume is higher since the update. Nothing consistent with the SE Controller.
So it seems the issue is not fully fixed for some of us

So it seems the issue is not fully fixed for some of us
Appears so. I will continue to monitor and if you do the same we can document this and present to Autel Robotics.

There are issues with the SE Control unit that should have been noticed before they were sold.
Quality Control has been poor, to say the least.

Appears so. I will continue to monitor and if you do the same we can document this and present to Autel Robotics.

There are issues with the SE Control unit that should have been noticed before they were sold.
Quality Control has been poor, to say the least.
I sent Autel an email this morning about the issue, my RC this morning was at 90% this morning and it was completely shut down, you should email them as well

I sent Autel an email this morning about the issue, my RC this morning was at 90% this morning and it was completely shut down, you should email them as well
I am going to wait one more day and check the SE Control unit tomorrow. If it not charged to 100% I will email Autel Robotics Customer Support and tell them about the issue.
Thanks for your follow up!

Reactions: surenmunoo
I am going to wait one more day and check the SE Control unit tomorrow. If it not charged to 100% I will email Autel Robotics Customer Support and tell them about the issue.
Thanks for your follow up!
Autel replied and said I need to send mine in for repairs. I made contact with the local dealer as the drone is still new so I don't want a repaired drone.

Autel replied and said I need to send mine in for repairs. I made contact with the local dealer as the drone is still new so I don't want a repaired drone.
I turned on my control unit and it showed I had 100% charge capacity. So, it looks like I am all set regarding the battery issue. Sorry, you have to return your Control Unit due to a lack of achieving full charge.

I turned on my control unit and it showed I had 100% charge capacity. So, it looks like I am all set regarding the battery issue. Sorry, you have to return your Control Unit due to a lack of achieving full charge.
Ken from Autel said its normal for the RC to lose some battery while turned off over night apparently because its Android. I need to check if my RC Pro does the same when left fully charged and turned off over night.

That makes no sense. Especially when my charge capacity was registering 100% after I let the control unit sit overnight after a complete charge.
Plus what does “Android “ have to do with it loosing some battery capacity?

Don’t see the logic in what Ken said.

That makes no sense. Especially when my charge capacity was registering 100% after I let the control unit sit overnight after a complete charge.
Plus what does “Android “ have to do with it loosing some battery capacity?

Don’t see the logic in what Ken said.
Attached is the reply I got

Attachments

• 00C10120-05A5-4B5B-AEC2-64FA6C368EED.png
    00C10120-05A5-4B5B-AEC2-64FA6C368EED.png
    564 KB · Views: 8
Sorry l still feel this makes no sense and disagree that “Android “ does this.

I don’t have an Android phone but do they loose battery capacity if you turn it off and let the phone sit on a counter over night? I doubt it. But again I don’t own an Android phone.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy