Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello From Chandler, AZ

Azelgato

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I purchased an EVO 2 Pro and received it a few days ago. My other drone is a Yuneec Typhoon H+ that I have been flying for 4 years. Obviously I like the flight time capability but I can't understand why the Evo 2 was released without manual gimbal yaw control. Why sell a drone that has 180 degrees of gimbal yaw and not have a way for the user to manipulate it? I'm sure there will be a firmware update to address it but still seems odd. Anyways just getting acquainted with it:)

KJ

Yes; the E2P does have some quirks but it's a solid performer and work horse IMHO. The camera is second to none in this class. You just have to work with its features AND limitations just like any other drone.

Hey Everyone,

I purchased an EVO 2 Pro and received it a few days ago. My other drone is a Yuneec Typhoon H+ that I have been flying for 4 years. Obviously I like the flight time capability but I can't understand why the Evo 2 was released without manual gimbal yaw control. Why sell a drone that has 180 degrees of gimbal yaw and not have a way for the user to manipulate it? I'm sure there will be a firmware update to address it but still seems odd. Anyways just getting acquainted with it:)

KJ
Welcome!

I have scratched my head about the gimbal yaw as well.

The mechanical ability is there so hopefully it’ll be a future feature release. Since we can yaw the platform the camera is attached to there is a relatively easy workaround but I am curious about the current limitation.

Same with not being about to copy/share/send missions. It would be nice to set those up on a large monitor instead of squint TV of a phone or tablet. I’d like to be able to set up all the parameters - camera settings, not just boundaries and altitude. However, I think the true anxiety comes from not being able to set up all the parameters (camera settings etc) without burning battery - if we could plug in and set all that up while connected to ‘shore power’ then disconnect for the flight I think it would be a great feature.

Reactions: Azelgato

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials