Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Heads up: X-Star batteries are back in stock

Amazon says not in stock, Best Buy wants $100, Adorama camera has them for $53. Any reason not to get it from them ?
Yeah.... they're used. No mention as to how many charges, or the age. Roll the dice with warranty on these. And with track record off these batteries, replaced once, it's a break even. Take it from someone who owns ALOT of XSP batteries... I'd buy new.

Used ? I could see buying used from eBay but you think these other retailers are selling used and not new batteries.
It says right on the green button, to the right of the price, USED. If you click on the yellow button, for NEW, they are $99.

Now the
Used ? I could see buying used from eBay but you think these other retailers are selling used and not new batteries.
Now they have them split up, on the drop down search menus, new, and used.

Ah ha! Thank you all for the heads up. I have another question and I don’t know how to post it in the correct section of the forum. I keep getting a message on Starlink telling me there is new firmware available. Should I install it ? Pros, Cons.
Not sure what to do. I did update about 4-5 months ago and it was a big improvement. Thanks again for everyone’s advice.

That's kinda a personal decision. Overall, I think it is an improvement. But, there are new quirks along with it. Best bet would be to search Firmware, in the forum... and decide if you can deal with it. Myself, eeeeh. Luckily I have 2, so I can have one bird for each application. The one quirk that gets me is that the go home altitude will be 98 feet, regardless of what it is set at, if you're under 50 meters when it engages. Picture flying a commercial job, around tall buildings, or landscaping a pond, among tall pines. Not good.

Reactions: KentA
Ah ha! Thank you all for the heads up. I have another question and I don’t know how to post it in the correct section of the forum. I keep getting a message on Starlink telling me there is new firmware available. Should I install it ? Pros, Cons.
Not sure what to do. I did update about 4-5 months ago and it was a big improvement. Thanks again for everyone’s advice.

I have read that after updating firmware some folks posted that they were having some issues with the star link app using IOS (Apple devices) not so much with android. I have a Amazon Kindle fire HD10 that I figured out to install android apps on it with out any problems and I have had no Issues at all with the starlink app and my firmware is up to date. I think that the bird is much more responsive, please research the forum for more threads on this topic.

Last edited:
I have read that after updating firmware some folks posted that they were having some issues with the star link app using IOS (Apple devices) not so much with android. I have a Amazon Kindle fire HD10 that I figured out to install android apps on it with out any problems and I have had no Issues at all with the starlink app and my firmware is up to date. I think that the bird is much more responsive, please research the forum for more threads on this topic.

Just about every Android and iOS device includes a GPS and magnetometer which means it can be used for turn-by-turn navigation as well as for a whole bunch of location aware services like Google Maps. But the Kindle Fire HD has none of these. This means that the Fire HD is a very much stay at home device. Something you should consider before buying and hacking it.

Just about every Android and iOS device includes a GPS and magnetometer which means it can be used for turn-by-turn navigation as well as for a whole bunch of location aware services like Google Maps. But the Kindle Fire HD has none of these. This means that the Fire HD is a very much stay at home device. Something you should consider before buying and hacking it.
Unless you want to use your phone as a hotspot, and wifi your internet connection. Your milage may vary. Some get disconnects from the wifi interfering with the XSP's connection to the tx. Or, cache maps at home...I've never had a good experience with that. Zooming in, no detail. Or...the Lenovo tab 10 works good. No cell though. But, if you can hotspot it, it's a pretty nice 10 inch tab, for $100, and it has GPS.

I use the Lenovo tab 7" with my phone as a hot spot. Never had a problem.
That's what I did with my tab 10. I guess it works OK. NOT as good as my phone though. Phone has an octo core possessor, and 4gb of ram. Absolutely solid video, barring disconnects from the XSP. No stuttering, bright and sharp.....if it was only bigger.

Well I do have google maps, I can track my flights, I do have GPS and I am able to use turn by turn navigation which I have. I can down load any Android app, I don't use any driving games so I didn't need a gyroscope. Now I would like to Clarify I DIDN"T root this device what Amazon allows you to do is what is called side loading and this does not void your warranty. So I will ask that you use caution before claiming that I hacked it. Because that is incorrect.

Well I do have google maps, I can track my flights, I do have GPS and I am able to use turn by turn navigation which I have. I can down load any Android app, I don't use any driving games so I didn't need a gyroscope. Now I would like to Clarify I DIDN"T root this device what Amazon allows you to do is what is called side loading and this does not void your warranty. So I will ask that you use caution before claiming that I hacked it. Because that is incorrect.

So you are telling me if you need warranty work done on your tablet with it having been altered your warranty is not void? Thats great.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill