Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anyone used the "B4UFly" app?

Wrsdas

Reaction score
I've been going through the app and found a hot link to an FAA Fixed Site Facility Restrictions. Seems the map utility has UAS restriction zones mapped and you can select other layers to add to the map you see, really nice. It's sort of confusing to see areas restricted to flying 0 to 400 feet then outside restricted b, c and d airspace VFR rules seem to apply.

Is anyone familiar with this?

I don't disagree, take a look at the map, map seems more open than the FAA wants us to believe.

The B4UFLY app has a lot of bad information. Ever since it came out there are many reports of NFZ where there should be none and airports that should be on there just are not. This app was put out by the FAA that do not have the manpower to do anything right.

Check out this video, and in general these guys here have a lot of good info.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wrsdas
I've been going through the app and found a hot link to an FAA Fixed Site Facility Restrictions. Seems the map utility has UAS restriction zones mapped and you can select other layers to add to the map you see, really nice. It's sort of confusing to see areas restricted to flying 0 to 400 feet then outside restricted b, c and d airspace VFR rules seem to apply.
Y'all think if I go south around I-10.......... I'll be ok???
I really don't want Elgin launching a SAM to knock out my little Gator
This is a map image from B4UFly IMG_5609.PNG
Is anyone familiar with this?

I use Air Map, and or KittyHawk linked with AirMap.

If you're flying as a hobbiest, follow the faa guidlines. call the airport manager and atc and inform them of your flight; they will tell you if there's anything going on that would make your flight a risk.

Sent using Tapatalk

I've been using Kittyhawk and have really grown to like it. My only complaint is they seem to cater to DJI pilots. I have even emailed them requesting them to add XSP, but haven't received a response as of yet. I'm hoping in the future they will expand out to other drone manufacturers other than DJI. It would be really nice to track all of my data through their one app rather than using several different apps to track everything.
Hover is another app that I have found that I like as well. I've only been using it for about a week, but it seems to provide some really good information as well. It even has an area for the latest in drone news, which is kinda nice. Again though, they tend to cater to DJI pilots. I really wish one of these apps would allow for data sharing and storing from the XSP. Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

Reactions: Wrsdas and PRMath
I've been using Kittyhawk and have really grown to like it. My only complaint is they seem to cater to DJI pilots. I have even emailed them requesting them to add XSP, but haven't received a response as of yet. I'm hoping in the future they will expand out to other drone manufacturers other than DJI. It would be really nice to track all of my data through their one app rather than using several different apps to track everything.
Hover is another app that I have found that I like as well. I've only been using it for about a week, but it seems to provide some really good information as well. It even has an area for the latest in drone news, which is kinda nice. Again though, they tend to cater to DJI pilots. I really wish one of these apps would allow for data sharing and storing from the XSP. Just my two cents, for what it's worth.
I used Hover as well, but really KH has all the same info, one other app I use is Sailflow, which gives you realtime wind conditions, with directions of the wind currents and everything

Edit - I wanted to mention DroneDeploy which has been mentioned, that they might be looking into Autel's SDK in other posts, if you haven't yet head over and sign up for their forums. [emoji3]

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials