Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

H.265 changed to H.264 after changing battery on same shoot

Greg

Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone else had this happen since this weeks FW update?

I set everything to h.265 4K 30 and for the first time in a year, tried HDR (which means fully auto exposure)
the first battery was beautiful 10 bit (premiere describes as - HEVC 10 bit 4.2.0 (full range) blue skies, no banding

changed the battery and for some reason it switched back to h.264 (premiere describes as - AVCHD H.264 4.2.0 (Full Range) blues skies and banding

I've done another shoot since and and now just editing and realised the change.

CHECK YOUR SETTINGS AFTER A BATTERY CHANGE...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 9.41.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 9.41.15 AM.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: HigherAttitudesLLC
not beta, I wouldn't know how to get beta firmware.

my controller and drone all updated last weekend when connected in the house.

also, how would I report to Autel?
I would love to talk to them.

I ask, because you said "this weeks FW update".

The only firmware released this week is a beta version.
wow, so I fly my drone daily, and this past week was the first update in ages. and you are suggesting its not a new one?
how do I contact Autel then?

Sounds like your latest FW update you forgot to update one or more of your batteries, or maybe you did it over the air and it wasn't as successful as might have reported back to you. Both common, and both cause problems. The first condition causes a prompt to update your FW, and Autel makes it too easy to do over the air, leading to condition #2.
Download the latest stable version of FW, load the bin file to a MicroSD in the root section, and reinstall your FW, Rinse and repeat for all your batteries. Recalibrate IMU, Compass, sticks, gimbal afterwards. It's amazing how many random faults reinstalling FW manually fixes (that's been installed OTA)

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
Sounds like your latest FW update you forgot to update one or more of your batteries, or maybe you did it over the air and it wasn't as successful as might have reported back to you. Both common, and both cause problems. The first condition causes a prompt to update your FW, and Autel makes it too easy to do over the air, leading to condition #2.
Download the latest stable version of FW, load the bin file to a MicroSD in the root section, and reinstall your FW, Rinse and repeat for all your batteries. Recalibrate IMU, Compass, sticks, gimbal afterwards. It's amazing how many random faults reinstalling FW manually fixes (that's been installed OTA)
thanks for the heads up. I will give that a go. yes I did it OTA.

I downloaded the latest firmware to the sd card, put it in the evo2pro then turned it on. the controller stated "unpacking..." for about entire battery, and so I gave up. nothing more happened.
I took some twilight images last night on a job, and the screen was normal, the thumbnail is normal, but Lightroom is sooo dark and full of noise...
something funny is happening... and I can't seem to re install FW either way.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials