Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Goodbye my dear Evo

I might have some questions here, did not lose my evo but something weird happened and I was able to get it by luck and good fortune. I was out in the ocean on a small boat and was recording a video then we turned on our gps of the boat and would you know it the evo just stopped responding and started to descend slowly had no control nothing.

Now the question is this?
What happens to the EVO when it loses GPS signal does it just go down if so then that is the reason you could have lost the EVO. The Container ship GPS blocked the EVO signal and it probably descended into the water.

Is there a fix for this I do not know.

I might have some questions here, did not lose my evo but something weird happened and I was able to get it by luck and good fortune. I was out in the ocean on a small boat and was recording a video then we turned on our gps of the boat and would you know it the evo just stopped responding and started to descend slowly had no control nothing.

What happens to the EVO when it loses GPS signal does it just go down if so then that is the reason you could have lost the EVO. The Container ship GPS blocked the EVO signal and it probably descended into the water.

When you lose GPS on your drone and it goes into ATTI mode, it loses it's home point. Therefore it will land exactly where it is. If your controller froze, it stopped sending signal to your drone, forcing it to RTH. Since it didn't have any Home Point established, due to ATTI, it's command procedure is to land where it is.

This is really scary. I do not want to take the Evo far away anymore on the river because I am scared of losing again. I think my drone adventures with big container ships has ended.

This is really scary. I do not want to take the Evo far away anymore on the river because I am scared of losing again. I think my drone adventures with big container ships has ended.
Well, you got some good shoots in while it lasted, but I would certainly keep a distance from them. I really dont even like flying over water much, but I have done it and will probably do it again.

I remember the first day I flew my XSP, I hovered about six feet over a metal roof, and the drone suddenly flew back over the ground and landed.

Reactions: macoman

I don't understand how another GPS would interfere with the EVO's reception of satellite info, since a GPS device is a RECEIVER only. No standard GPS device I've encountered can intentionally transmit RF. Perhaps someone began using a GPS "jammer," which are commonly available nowadays.

Or am I a fish that has just been trolled? ;)

Perhaps the drone got caught in a radar beam. Ships always have their radar transmitting. Radar is a very strong radio signal.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials