Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Goodbye my dear Evo

I was at around 116 feet... I had done this numerous times and never have issues... The RC just lost connection immediately and never recovered the connection and drone never went home as it was designed to do it when lost connection. I took off with GPS locked.

Anti-Drone technology? They shot you down man!

I had a magnetic interference issue with my XSP over a school with a lot of metal on the roof & lost it, it auto landed a few hundred feet away due to the magnetic interference on a roof. I was lucky to find it, i had a Marco Polo attached to it so i was able to find it.It could have been your issue, if it loses GPS, it wont know where to go & auto land. I don't fly over water for this reason.

When I first got my XSP, I hovered over a shed with a metal roof; the drone suddenly flew to the backside of the shed where it landed and shut itself off.

I will be missing my dear friend Evo... Lost it flying on the river. Never had this issue before but I was shooting a video to a beautiful container ship and when I passed over on the side, the controller lost total communication and the Evo never come back home. The weather was nice, sunshine and 7mph winds. I only fly with the RC and I do not use tablet or phone. I already opened a ticket with Autel.... Very sad day.
Nooooooooooo! Im sorry to hear that man. I wonder if it hit the ship on the other side when it lost coms.

I guess you wouldn't want to hear a lecture on flying LOS, huh?

I have good news, Autel concluded that what I got was a fly away. Because the aircraft lost signal immediately and never come back home. I need to send the remaining stuff that came with my purchase so they can send me new replacements.
I am glad Autel backed up you and you can continue sharing your experiences with us with your brand new Evo.

Excellent news on your replacement. Bad news that that the EVO has fly a ways also.

I haven't read that many fly-away stories from Evo owners -- it seems to be be all XSP owners that are quick to tell you a fly away story... lol
I hope this was a one off event and not something going on in the latest firmware.

I have good news, Autel concluded that what I got was a fly away. Because the aircraft lost signal immediately and never come back home. I need to send the remaining stuff that came with my purchase so they can send me new replacements.

Happy they were able to get you taken care of! Does this mean they were able to get log files from your remote?

I haven't read that many fly-away stories from Evo owners -- it seems to be be all XSP owners that are quick to tell you a fly away story... lol
I hope this was a one off event and not something going on in the latest firmware.
Fly aways happen when owners mistreat their drones and the drones reach their teenage years. Think of it as running away.

• Haha
Reactions: thomasr
Fly aways happen when owners mistreat their drones and the drones reach their teenage years. Think of it as running away.

If that's the case -- mine should have flown away after the second or third flight... lol joking...

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain